Found Deceased UK - Agnes Akom, 20, Cricklewood London, 9 May 2021 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by StillDiggin, May 19, 2021.

1. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure you're right now that we're getting to have a bit of a look at him. I've somehow been envisaging it all along as being an outcome of her trying to get out of the life rather than 'just' a violent/careless punter. I think it was probably because of the original talk of unlawful imprisonment, which seemed as though it had the possibility of being premeditated, although that seems to have dropped off the charge sheet now. Plus the baby, which I thought might give her an incentive. I hope to God the baby is somewhere safe and not with the pimp/father or his family. And I hope they find her remains soon, as it will strengthen the case.

The defendant is a truck driver according to his fb btw. Afaik, the talk of him living in a shipping container hasn't been in MSM, so not sure how reliable that is.

JMO

2. Bogyo13

Bogyo13 Well-Known Member

Baby is definitely not with the father.

I always thought she met the wrong 'date', not a pimp but his living conditions did make me pause.
    I wonder if this is his first time killing or would he have any record in Romania.
    How much time is considered Unlawful prisonment in UK? Any time she was not let go freely or is it specified how much?

AnnaGrace, Al Ka, StillDiggin and 5 others like this.
  3. JuicyLucy

I didn't know the answer to that so I looked it up!

False imprisonment is a common law offence involving the unlawful and intentional or reckless detention of the victim. An act of false imprisonment may amount in itself to an assault. If a separate assault accompanies the detention this should be reflected in the particulars of the indictment.

If the detention was for the purpose of committing another indictable offence, and such an offence was committed, a count for the substantive offence will usually be enough. Where the detention was for a period of several hours, or days, then it will be proper to reflect the unlawful detention with a count for false imprisonment.

See:

Cooksey [2019] EWCA Crim 1410 where false imprisonment occurred within the context of coercive and controlling behaviour in a domestic setting.

Ward [2018] EWCA Crim 414 where the court identified aggravating factors for the particular case; gratuitous degradation of the victim; abuse of power over the victim in his own home; previous violence or threats towards the victim in the context of a series of offences; threats made to stop the victim reporting the offending.

Offences against the Person, incorporating the Charging Standard | The Crown Prosecution Service

So we might infer from that that a charge of false imprisonment was contemplated because she was held for at least "several hours or days" but that no charge went ahead because the threshold was (somehow) met for the greater charge of murder.

That's my interpretation anyway, but I'm not LE/legal and someone more knowledgeable may explain it differently (better).

4. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

The info about him living in a shipping container was published in MSM. Multiple workers at the nearby business were given as a source.

Police search behind car showroom 'investigating alleged murder' of Agnes Akom

Al Ka, nao, StillDiggin and 5 others like this.
  5. MawaCawa

MawaCawa Well-Known Member

BBM

Would MyLondon count as MSM? If so:

"A workman from the same industrial estate, Rebwar Ali, confirmed a number of police had been searching the estate for the last 'two or three days'. He said: "I think someone's missing, that's what I heard - some girl or something. "I think something happened on the other side of the showroom." He said he believed a man 'from a container' had been arrested by police.

A second local workman said he believed a man who 'lived in a shipping container' next to the car showroom had been arrested by police earlier in the week."

Police search behind car showroom 'investigating alleged murder' of Agnes Akom

AnnaGrace, nao, Marg from Oz and 4 others like this.
  6. indicolite22

The suspect was probably a customer. He could have been obsessed with her. She has quite a few fb friends, so she probably accepted anyone on fb. It's not clear if the two had met before in person.

7. Bogyo13

Thanks @MawaCawa , very interesting.
    LE must have proof of that.

How was he allowed to live in the container? Was it just dumped there open and noone looked after it? I don't really understand how there wasn't security looking after a container? Is that 'common' for homeless?
    I get abandoned houses but an industrial container?

8. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

There is a container on streetview from 2019 down the side of the showroom, no idea if it's the same one or how you'd end up living there.

1.png

Google Maps

9. MawaCawa

I also thought that to be extremely odd... I mean fair enough, it is an industrial estate but would someone just get to live in a presumably abandoned container without anyone else batting an eyelid? The dealership people seemed casual about mentioning him living in there but it's difficult to say for certain whether they were just used to the sight (as in there are others doing that around there as well) or not. Another interesting thing is the fact that according to some of the workmen NP allegedly speaks little to no English (his comments on her FB profile are either emojis or gifs, so that could also denote that) and I also somehow very much doubt he speaks any Hungarian at all, he is three times her age, presumably quite poor IMO (not that that's a bad thing but how could he have ever afforded a sex worker?!) so what terrible luck poor Agnes must have had to meet him of all people. Once again, all JMO.

10. JuicyLucy

Yes, sure. I suppose what I meant is that it all seems to be hearsay and a bit vague.

His fb says he's a lorry driver, so if true he has some level of income. If he travels long-distance and is only in the UK a couple of nights a week, that might explain the transient sleeping arrangements rather than him being homeless/broke. Though, in the kindest possible way, Ágnes doesn't strike me as having been at the expensive end of the market. He wouldn't need good English as a lorry driver and I'm guessing his main concern wasn't conversation...

It's odd that Hungarian news report that said he was a postman, isn't it. That was completely wrong! Are there two similar Hungarian words that might have got mixed up, @Bogyo13?

JMO

11. SimplyCass

SimplyCass Well-Known Member

The way it's worded ("believed to have been a sex worker") doesn't make me confident that it's been confirmed. It's very vague and almost seems like a rumor or the writer just wanted to include it.

dotr, StillDiggin and Marg from Oz like this.
  12. MawaCawa

All I meant by my previous message was to point out some factors which in a different world would've made it highly unlikely for them to meet or interact, and yet...

I checked his FB profiles, I can only see that on one of them he claims he worked for the NBA - obviously a lie - so not too sure whether someone's changed that overnight or what. Regardless, assuming he was a lorry driver and, especially if he travels long distance, such jobs pay quite well typically because they involve driving for long periods of time; most drivers that don't seem to have any family here (that's how I perceive NP anyways) would therefore be renting out a single room by themselves or maybe even share a room with another man in a HMO. I find it hard to believe he held such a job and then slept where he slept - I mean why not use the vehicle to do that in like most drivers that don't even want to splurge on a hostel or hotel room?! JMO.

AnnaGrace, dotr, Marg from Oz and 2 others like this.
  13. JuicyLucy

The police have given an update overnight, saying...pretty much nothing. They're still searching for her body but they haven't found it yet. They're not prepared to say where they're looking but they'd like the public to come forward if they've seen anything...

Police still searching for body of 'murdered' Agnes Akom, 20

AnnaGrace, dotr, nao and 4 others like this.
  14. indicolite22

Did the police specify why they believe that she is no longer alive? Is there a crime scene? Was he seen on surveillance transporting her body?

AnnaGrace, Al Ka, dotr and 2 others like this.
  15. MawaCawa

No, they haven't yet specified why they think that she's no longer alive - they just communicated the murder charge he is now being held for. No crime scene as far as we know and no reports of him being seen on CCTV either or at least not yet.

dotr, Marg from Oz, elliefant and 2 others like this.
  16. JuicyLucy

17. JuicyLucy

Man to appear at Old Bailey on murder charge

Neculai Paizan, 63, of Peel Street, Notting Hill, appeared at Willesden Magistrates' Court on Monday and is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday (May 26) charged with her murder.

Konstantin, AnnaGrace, Al Ka and 6 others like this.
  18. JuicyLucy

So... not living in a shipping container, I guess.

Al Ka, HayLouise, Bogyo13 and 2 others like this.
  19. JuicyLucy

There is something quite unusual about this case, I think, and that's the geographical area it seems to cover, which is huge imo. I just marked some points on a map to show the key locations. Cricklewood Broadway (point 1, top right) is the last place Ágnes was seen on CCTV.

Lower left (point 3) is the address of the garage that was searched in Park Royal, where the shipping container is. Now that we know with reasonable certainty the defendant doesn't live there (but has perhaps been seen coming and going), I wonder if that might be the place police suspect Ágnes was held against her will.

Top left (point 2) is Neasden Rec, which is next to Welsh Harp (Brent) Reservoir. The rec was searched at the weekend, apparently for a body, and the reservoir has been circled repeatedly by police helicopters according to My London.

Bottom right (point 4) is the defendant's address.

I don't know enough about geographical crime analysis to know how significant this is, and it makes certain assumptions about the locations the police are searching (i.e. what they are looking for and that they are using sound information), but it seems really unusual to me for a crime involving the concealment of a body to cover such a large area.

Up until now, I've been assuming that this wasn't a premeditated pick-and-kill because there was no evidence to suggest that, but equally I would have expected that if her death was unintentional and her body disposed of in a hurry or a panic that it wouldn't be moved very far.

All of this is to say, I'm wondering now if Ágnes is only one of a number of victims.

I would love some more information about the police investigation tbh.

Pure speculation and JMO.

[Edited for clarity]

Agnes Akom crime map 250521.jpg

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    dotr, Marg from Oz, MawaCawa and 4 others like this.
  20. Bogyo13

I have no idea where they got the postman thing. The word postman is postás in Hungarian so very similar, comes from the same origin.
    I haven't seen it in any other MSM so they might have just included some rumours although I haven't seen any rumours of that kind either.
    I would be surprised if he spoke Hungarian tbh, even if he's from a previous Hungarian area in Romania, only Hungarians there keep the language afaik. The two languages are VERY different, unlike Slavic languages (Polish can understand Slovakian/Czech more or less etc)

dotr, Al Ka, nao and 3 others like this.