UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the call was made from someone else’s FB, it throws up two things- one he had genuinely lost his phone, but more importantly how do you prove it was him phoning? However going back through MSN I think it was all through his account.

As RM and TM were no longer supplying to him, using another persons FB might be the only way he could make contact for drugs.

I agree it makes it a bit of a grey area, proving it was him

I'm thinking at this point it now is a game for the accused. Nothing left to lose, I think we will see a dirt digging exercise from the defence next week..as I said before, I feel the hatred is strong towards Rab McPhail. McConnachie may not believe his client but he is duty bound to do as he says. The DNA evidence is something I would have been examined in court before now...tomorrow will be interesting, that's for sure.

What I would like to know at this point is does the defence QC McConnachie actually believe the 16 year old accused is innocent?
Does he genuinely believe the father's girlfriend TMc committed this truly horrendous ultra-sadistic murder?

This is not a game here. I sincerely hope Mr McConnachie does not treat it like such

QC has to work with whatever his client tells him...what he thinks personally is a different matter

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

What was he doing? Blowing a kiss a winking? I couldn’t make it out it was blurry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the kids in the video look much younger than him, but then having a trampoline in your garden is something that brings kids from the neighbourhood together...don't think too much can be read into his intentions on the night/general mindset from the vid

Most of the kids in the video look much younger than him, but then having a trampoline in your garden is something that brings kids from the neighbourhood together...don't think too much can be read into his intentions on the night/general mindset from the vid
I totally agree re linking to the offence itself. It's just an apparent detachment coming across. It reminds me of something but can't put my finger on it. Not directly relevant tho, I'm just looking to make sense of the whole thing I think

This is a rather long, but interesting, document, outlining the Scottish system in respect of life sentences, in particular for anyone under the age of 18.

I've copied out these two sections, as being particularly relevant if a guilty verdict is returned in this trial.

Under the terms of the Prisoners and Criminal Proceedings (Scotland) Act 1993, the trial judge must identify, at the time of sentencing, the relevant part to be served before the offender can be considered for release

Judgements of the Human Rights Court have led to changes that place the procedures governing the release of offenders who commit murder when under the age of 18 on the same footing as the procedures governing the release of discretionary life sentence prisoners

If such offenders are still under the age of 18 at the time of conviction they will be sentenced, in Scotland, to detention without limit of time
or, in England and Wales, to detention during Her Majesty's Pleasure.

Life Sentence Prisoners in Scotland

the weather
Also, I did not know what Parkour was. Now that I do I can see how the accused could have been very skilled and creative at removing Alesha from the home with out anyone awaking. It was July, not sure what the weather was like but if her bedroom had an open window the accused could have, given his parkour abilities, scaled the outside of the house up to her bedroom

Which brings into question, for me - how did he know
that Alesha was visiting the island at that time
where her room was in the McPhail home

I know it's a small place and I know how that goes ( I grew up in a small place ) everyone knows everything, but it's a stretch for me to believe that a 16 yr old teen, just starting his summer hols, would be remotely interested in the holiday visit timeline of a 6 year old girl who he - allegedly - did not know at all.

I think there is a grey area around the evidence ( in so much as the snippets we have heard ) about whether or not the accused had ever been inside that house and what he knew, or didnt know about the occupants.

the weather was very hot and sunny from what I remember, but I think if there had been a window open it would have been mentioned in the media at some point..so far only the key in the backdoor has been mentioned..

Hey guys im new here. I was brought up on Bute and went to school with RM.
This case has shocked me and i hope the accused gets the book thrown at him which im sure he will. Been reading through this forum and i do think too that the accused would have been looking for drugs on the night i have a bad feeling about the whole case though as if more will come out though im sure it will all be revealed soon about it

I think there is a lot of information going to come out in the days and weeks after the trial is over. I don't think it will make pleasant reading.

I’m not buying for one second the accused didn’t know who Alesha was tm and rm know this boy and her aunt is friends with the the accused mum there is no way in hell he didn’t know who that we girl was or her name .

As for parkour if you watch videos he’s no expert he’s a boy who likes to jump around but not up Two story buildings and in windows There will be more to this I don’t believe he was stoned as he couldn’t get any And in no way being stoned makes you want to run a round and shower at stupid o’clock in the morning

. I’m beginning to think sleepwalking is possible and he happened upon her and the rest is history as they say. he may have said let’s go for a wander and was aroused by the fact he could get away with something.

Anyone know what time the alleged fight between tm and rm was ?

There is chit chat that he’s had previous, so motive And most killers are opportunists Will be interesting to see what the dna evidence provides. I’ve just seen how close he lives to the area she was found

In some cases the judge will release the defendants name if he’s found guilty. Off the top of my head Kim Edwards (murdered mum and sister).. Will cornick (who murdered his teacher Ann Maguire) they were both 16 or under. If it’s deemed “public interest” they will release the name but it is upto the judge.
I think the police have enough to do without worrying about arresting people on social media who release his name... it’s more hassle than it’s worth sometimes trying to keep the name private.

Post by Truthseeker-

What I would like to know at this point is does the defence QC McConnachie actually believe the 16 year old accused is innocent?
Does he genuinely believe the father's girlfriend TMc committed this truly horrendous ultra-sadistic murder?

This is not a game here. I sincerely hope Mr McConnachie does not treat it like such

I believe the defense attorney is going to go with what the accused has told him. I cannot imagine a defense atty. fabricating a story (defense) with or for a client, although I suspect some corrupt attorneys have.However, I think attorneys can run with what they are given from a client and then spin or embellish it to a degree to cast doubt or suspicion. I believe the accused has a public attorney and has to represent the accused, but not sure.

Last edited:
the weather

the weather was very hot and sunny from what I remember, but I think if there had been a window open it would have been mentioned in the media at some point..so far only the key in the backdoor has been mentioned..

thanks for the weather update Bronzepurple - just wanted to add, that comment re Parkour and the accused getting in through a window was not mine - I dont think its remotely possible he did anything like that...I was just responding to the original poster re that idea

thanks for the weather update Bronzepurple - just wanted to add, that comment re Parkour and the accused getting in through a window was not mine - I dont think its remotely possible he did anything like that...I was just responding to the original poster re that idea

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying :)

I’m not buying for one second the accused didn’t know who Alesha was tm and rm know this boy and her aunt is friends with the the accused mum there is no way in hell he didn’t know who that we girl was or her name .

As for parkour if you watch videos he’s no expert he’s a boy who likes to jump around but not up Two story buildings and in windows There will be more to this I don’t believe he was stoned as he couldn’t get any And in no way being stoned makes you want to run a round and shower at stupid o’clock in the morning

. I’m beginning to think sleepwalking is possible and he happened upon her and the rest is history as they say. he may have said let’s go for a wander and was aroused by the fact he could get away with something.

Anyone know what time the alleged fight between tm and rm was ?

There is chit chat that he’s had previous, so motive And most killers are opportunists Will be interesting to see what the dna evidence provides. I’ve just seen how close he lives to the area she was found

I would estimate a distance of between two-thirds and three quarters of a mile between the house of the accused and the site where the child's body was found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998