UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the welcome , like I said I’m only thinking what I would have done . The lovebite comment I would defo say is a really dill immature thing to have blazon on your neck when your going to court or anywhere . But then again that’s me .

She may well be very immature, it’s not a crime but she’s not the one up for murdering and raping a child.

Also I’m sure she has already said she sold the defendant or his sister hash before and that’s what the relationship was dealer and buyer

Bringing over some images of 53 Ardbeg road:

am3-jpg.138153

000QDGCHBU000 | 53 Ardbeg Road Rothesay Isle Of Bute Argyll And Bute PA20 0NL

Plan of the ground floor (arrow where I think the entrance would be):
upload_2019-2-12_16-59-46-png.168809

2 bed flat for sale in 53 Ardbeg Road, Rothesay, Isle Of Bute PA20 - Zoopla

alesha-front-view-of-house-jpg.168804

alesha-back-view-of-house-jpg.168805

8499158a997a0ba01b13f3191a21073042b67e8b.jpg

Photos of 53 Ardbeg Road, Rothesay, Isle Of Bute PA20 - 50260557 - Zoopla

And this post explaining the location of the MacPhail's flat:
No pet, they're up on the first floor & attic. The ground floor is a separate flat accessed by the front door. The upstairs flat is accessed via the stair tower at the back. With doors at the bottom of the tower & another on the first floor. Then the attic is accessed from stairs on the first floor that are separate to the stair tower.
UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Also I’m sure she has already said she sold the defendant or his sister hash before and that’s what the relationship was dealer and buyer

But the facts are that he called her via FB messenger even though according to her they hadn’t supplied any drugs to him in months since his mother intervened. So waking up to the news that Alesha was missing and having a missed call from a boy in the area isn’t beyond the realms of possibility that she thought he may have had some information in regards to Alesha.

Thanks for the welcome , like I said I’m only thinking what I would have done . The lovebite comment I would defo say is a really silly and immature thing to have blazon on your neck when your going to court or anywhere . But then again that’s me .

Yes, I was thinking that myself. I had them myself at that age but always covered them up as they don't look good.

[snipped] Im not sure if I've broken any rules saying that. If I have can someone quickly alert me and I will delete .
Hi, if you still can could you delete your post, just to be on the safe side:

Because of the age of the suspect it is not permitted to report any details which could identify him.

In Scotland the age at which a suspect can be named is 18, under the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995.

The act prohibits the publication of the name, address, school or any particulars which could to lead to the identification of any person under 18 who is an accused, victim or witness in criminal proceedings.

This prevents reporting the identity of an accused under 18 as a media organisation, or indeed indirectly reporting any potential identifying details.

Equally this now extends to social media, so anybody publishing a name, image or links risks prejudicing any future trial and would be committing a criminal offence.

Warnings to this effect have also been issued and the police said they were actively investigating any potential breaches.

A 39-year-old woman was arrested this week and charged with contempt of court in connection with the alleged identification of the teenager on social media.

In Scotland, it is also usually prohibited to post or print a picture of the accused before and during the trial, especially where identification of the accused could become an issue.

Reporting a person's previous convictions is also prevented, so as not to influence a jury.

Why can't you name a teenage accused?

Maybe I am being abit harsh about TM , I’m just not entirely convinced at the moment .

And we are all entitled to our opinions. I’ve learnt that from being on here now for a few years. There would be absolutely no point in our sleuthing if everyone agreed, took me a while to get my head round it.

Last edited:
Will be a open and shut case if they have DNA on Alesha. Some good information that CCTV on beach was at 2.27 am and accused house was at 1.54 leaving and heading towards victims house then returning at 3.30ish then leaving another 2 times. Not conclusive but given small close knit community then the chances of someone else being in same area at same time is unlikely . Also the fact he jumped over back wall tells you he was trying to avoid walking along road to avoid detection
He probably want to house to break and enter looking for hash and then saw and opportunity when he saw Alesha.
Also the fact he is charged an Tm is not tells you what the Police think about his defence

At the moment I feel sorry for TM. Mud sticks and to be accused of such a horrid crime. And to have to take the stand and defend yourself. It's just awful. But I am open minded and appreciate next week defence may throw up some new evidence.

My gut is telling me he will change his plea next week once we hear the DNA evidence.

At the moment I feel sorry for TM. Mud sticks and to be accused of such a horrid crime. And to have to take the stand and defend yourself. It's just awful. But I am open minded and appreciate next week defence may throw up some new evidence.

My gut is telling me he will change his plea next week once we hear the DNA evidence.

Can he change his plea?? I thought that’s what the purpose of a pleading diet is.

Newbie here. I've been following this as things develop.

My gut feeling on this is that something really doesn't sit right with the whole case. I'd agree from the court reporting that we've heard that the prosecution appear to have a very strong case but i do not think for one minute that the circumstances surrounding this tragedy are in any way clean cut.

The home life of the accused appears chaotic. This in itself could be quite misleading. The various reporting of heavy drinking (both accused and his mother), smoking dope, the party, a seemingly relative normalisation of going to and from the house in the small hours, late showers etc etc has a kind of 'teenager-out-of-control' subtext to it and it would be very easy to make sweeping assumptions based on this, but this kind of behaviour generally isn't all too uncommon in the poorer parts of the west of Scotland (ie Inverclyde and Ayrshire coastal towns), and certainly not on the smaller islands and peninsula's where kids have very little to do.

I struggle to see pre-meditation in this, primarily because there appears to have been very little in terms of a 'plan'. I also struggle with the actual timeline itself. It is almost 'efficient' given the distances and terrain involved, and the fact that it would have beeen pitch dark (being on a rural peninsula there would be very little in the way of ambient lighting). It could be argued that efficiency and pre-meditation normally go hand-in-hand. If the intention was just to locate and steal drugs, but it became an opportunistic situation, then what is the catalyst for it suddenly turning into such a seemingly violent and sustained assault. The accused would have to almost have had some kind of episode or tunnel-vision *not* to realise what was going to unfold as a result of their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member