UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what the actual distance is from murder site to his back garden? I wish they would report distance rather than time taken to walk. As others have pointed out, people have varying walking speeds and the suspect is a fit and healthy teenager.

In a few days it will be revealed after the case has concluded. I’m sure it’s to keep joe public away. I’m sure most of the island know exactly where but won’t speak to media, that’s as it should be, for the time being

Sorry I can’t post it but I’m sure you’ll find out here soon. Or use google maps and the info posted here to work it out is the only advice I could give. That’s what I done :)

I know I shouldn't but part of me feels a little bit of sympathy for him and I'm not quite sure why. Maybe when the trial is over and done with and if the verdict is guilty then any trace of that will disappear, perhaps it's just the small amount of doubt I have in my mind. It's an odd thing. Because it is a truly heinous crime.

I know I shouldn't but part of me feels a little bit of sympathy for him and I'm not quite sure why. Maybe when the trial is over and done with and if the verdict is guilty then any trace of that will disappear, perhaps it's just the small amount of doubt I have in my mind. It's an odd thing. Because it is a truly heinous crime.
I know what you mean. It's hard to believe that anyone can carry out this crime. I said in my first post on this forum how conflicted this case is making me feel.

It’s Because your human and not got him hung drawn and quartered before he’s found guilty.

I think it is important for people to keep in mind that websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Whatever anyones personal opinion on RM, he is a victim in this. His daughter has been murdered. That is something he will need to live with daily, he will be asking himself 'what if' daily. People's individual views of him are not something to be discussed here. He is not on trial.

All IMO

I know what you mean. It's hard to believe that anyone can carry out this crime. I said in my first post on this forum how conflicted this case is making me feel.

Yes, it's horrible. Obviously, my sympathy lies with the family of Alesha and what that poor little girl had to go through. But if he is guilty I just think it's such a waste of life on his part. He didn't need to do what he did. He obviously deserves the maximum punishment possible if that is the case, but it's just sad to think that he could potentially have ruined many people's lives - including his own - when it could have been very different. It's a tragic situation.

That really annoyed me as well. I bet it was himself who asked for this to be brought up in court. Only concerned about himself.

Now I'm wondering why it takes him 5 hours to get back to prison? court finished at 3.30pm? how is it so far away?

I would say it isn't the travel time but the waiting around before and after Court. Very strange thing to be bringing up though in open court. I'm not sure what his barrister expected the outcome to be. Is he trying to get shorter hearing days? TBF if the trial is due to finish this week i'm not sure the point in raising this now.

Besides, he is 16, from what we know he is rather capable of staying up late so long days should not be any issue.

All IMO

Yes, it's horrible. Obviously, my sympathy lies with the family of Alesha and what that poor little girl had to go through. But if he is guilty I just think it's such a waste of life on his part. He didn't need to do what he did. He obviously deserves the maximum punishment possible if that is the case, but it's just sad to think that he could potentially have ruined many people's lives - including his own - when it could have been very different. It's a tragic situation.
I have a 16 year old and a 6 year old and to look at them both and imagine that this could happen makes me really uneasy. I see my 16 year old as incapable of anything violent, she's still a child and when i look at my 6 year i cannot imagine the fear Alesha would have experienced. Really upsets me.

If he did do this, he would have gone on to do something else horrific in the future. Even if poor Alesha had survived, anyone who could commit a crime of this magnitude would definitely have hurt or killed someone eventually anyway - like a ticking time bomb in my opinion.

I would say it isn't the travel time but the waiting around before and after Court. Very strange thing to be bringing up though in open court. I'm not sure what his barrister expected the outcome to be. Is he trying to get shorter hearing days? TBF if the trial is due to finish this week i'm not sure the point in raising this now.

Besides, he is 16, from what we know he is rather capable of staying up late so long days should not be any issue.

All IMO
Yeah I was wondering what he expected. We didn’t get any reports that the court opened till 10.45am today and by 3pm it was finished. What was he expecting the judge to say?

As another poster mentioned I honestly found it strange that the accuseds mother said in court that she had spoke to her son about DNA. I thought it was a pretty big jump from ‘ ruling him out of enquiries’ and instantly made me think personally that she either knew more or deep down thought he was guilty, which is quite a big statement to make about your 16 year old son. After the evidence today I’m looking at it completely different as it just gave him his reason for googling DNA. I could be completely wrong as I’m not even sure if the timescales add up. I sincerely hope there is concrete evidence tomorrow as I personally think he is 100% guilty but I expected much much more evidence than what we’ve seen so far, I don’t honestly know if I could say he was guilty based purely on the evidence up to now.

If he did do this, he would have gone on to do something else horrific in the future. Even if poor Alesha had survived, anyone who could commit a crime of this magnitude would definitely have hurt or killed someone eventually anyway - like a ticking time bomb in my opinion.

Yes, I suppose that is true. Unless he went and got intensive therapy or maybe even medication for his deep-seated issues? But maybe that's just wishful thinking. It does seem like the type of person to commit an act as atrocious as this was always going to go over the edge at some point.

Lol Ted Buddy was considered good looking and look what he was capable of It’s funny how we expect horrific incidents to be committed by people who are not pleasing to the eye and struggle to accept pretty people do bad things. It’s a crazy ole world isn’t it

I don't expect horrific crimes to be committed by people who look unattractive or dodgy/shady in some way - I was just commenting that the general perception of the accused looks and demeanor/way he talks looks unassuming and normal. People do judge based on outer signs like appearance and facial expressions, and a lot do expect a dangerous person to look 'dangerous' in some way. Obv this is not the case in reality.Therefore it's disturbing to think anyone could do something like this and most people around them wouldn't have even have had a chance to be suspicious and on guard with them.

I'm pretty sure I've read before that there are studies that show that people who are considered more conventionally attractive do often get off with lighter sentences and that people who are considered "ugly" tend to be more likely to engage in criminal acts or rather are more likely to be found guilty/receive harsher sentences for them. Maybe that's just nonsense but it wouldn't totally surprise me.

I don't expect horrific crimes to be committed by people who look unattractive or dodgy/shady in some way - I was just commenting that the general perception of the accused looks and demeanor/way he talks looks unassuming and normal. People do judge based on outer signs like appearance and facial expressions, and a lot do expect a dangerous person to look 'dangerous' in some way. Obv this is not the case in reality.Therefore it's disturbing to think anyone could do something like this and most people around them wouldn't have even have had a chance to be suspicious and on guard with them.
Yes, he is not the first person I would suspect in a case like this and we are fortunate that he didn’t fall under police radar. Without DNA, CCTV and phone/text records he would probably be in the clear. Modern technology will be the final undoing of this boy in my view.

All IMO
Sounds to me like he will be taking the stand and they are concerned he will be to emotionally, mentally and physically exhausted, therefore hoping something can be shortened, reduced in his day.

Hi, I’m pretty sure after the trial where he is hopefully found guilty the full facts of this boys past will aloud to be made public and any sympathy had for him will disappear, also question marks over family dynamics will be made clear. What happens in the dark comes to light.
Let’s hope so.

Sounds to me like he will be taking the stand and they are concerned he will be to emotionally, mentally and physically exhausted, therefore hoping something can be shortened, reduced in his day.

I hope he does take the stand, I am very curious to hear what he has to say and how he conducts himself whilst doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88