UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Legally Bland, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

It's just really hard to follow a trial based on tweets and news stories. I try to only follow trials that are videoed because so many times we find reporters errors.

sindydee, Yenriac, HayLouise and 7 others like this.
  2. Heathyheath_

Heathyheath_ Active Member

Thank you so much for saying this! The suggestion that the accused having autism could be hit with a lighter sentence, as if autism is some sort of excuse or link to murder and violence was the most ridiculous and insulting thing I have read all case.

There’s having an opinion and just being horribly misinformed about something like autism

3. Truthseeker777

Truthseeker777 Well-Known Member

Very poor the evidence so far although there is much ‘suggesting’ the accused did it...the prosecution probably thought the dna they are likely to produce tomorrow was the golden arrow so didn’t really work too hard on the other supporting ‘evidence’ but of course at the last minute the defence has come up with a version of events which directly tackles the prosecution’s ace in it’s hand...this could quite easily end up with a verdict of ‘not proven’ if McConnochie QC is as clever as he appears to be...

4. Truthseeker777

Unfortunately ASD is widely misunderstood and generally rejected or merely tolerated in our society

neteditor, Yenriac and Heathyheath_ like this.
  5. Truthseeker777

Yes I look forward to reading the full transcript from the court once this trial has ended

6. Inspectorjaws

Inspectorjaws New Member

I'm sure on Friday it was mentioned that 2 knives were missing from the knifeblock, but the police witness today said only one??

Jason-d-h-1990 and Slucie like this.
  7. AM12

AM12 Active Member

CCTV of shore was not clear . Indeed it was hard to make out carrying a child let alone any features of person(s).
    On here suggested hoodie may have been tied around waist is a possibility if same one accused was wearing and possibly discarded before attack to explain why there is no contamination of Aleshas clothes from hoodie. The hoodie found on beech did not come into contact with Alesha's clothes but the joggies fibers or ones from a similar pair of joggies were traceable from fibers on Aleshas clothes according to forensic testing

Alyce and bronbaby like this.
  8. AM12

AM12 Active Member

Someone on here suggested maybe that the hoodie could have been tied round waist and somehow not made contacr with Alesha as a possibility to explain lack of contamination between the two as forensics have stated

Fluffet likes this.
  9. Heathyheath_

Heathyheath_ Active Member

One of Britain's youngest female killers revealed as 'pure evil' teen turns 18

Interesting article in the Mirror about a young 18 year old woman from Scotland who murdered somebody last year. The article claims that she was completely anonymous and banned from being named in the media during the trial but since she has turned 18, by Scottish law she can now be named. I wonder if the same is going to apply to the accused on this case, if found guilty of course.

10. Pooksthebear

Pooksthebear Well-Known Member

stephaniejanes likes this.
  11. Owlpellet

Owlpellet Well-Known Member

A possible hoodie scenario:

I’m not clear where the hoodie was left in relation to the crime or when it was left. But when he left his house at around 2am, he may have been carrying his phone, wallet/cash to buy drugs, house keys, maybe lighter/cigarette papers etc. (I don’t think we know for sure whether he went straight to the victims’ house or if he briefly tried to get drugs somewhere else first.) At the point where he thought he was going to be “active” in some way (parkour/carrying out the crime) he may have removed his hoodie and placed all the items safely in the pockets for collecting later.

He then carries out the crime and returns to his house minus hoodie (possibly retrieving house keys on the way if he needs these). He showers and goes out to dispose of his contaminated clothing and returns to house. He then goes back out to retrieve the items he left in his hoodie pockets and ends up ditching the hoodie because he’s unsure if it has any cross transference dna traces from his hands.

bronbaby and mrazda71 like this.
  12. Edinlass

Edinlass Well-Known Member

Yes if she was named I can’t see why he won’t be.

13. Pooksthebear

New to this so apologies for the mess in trying to quote but .. the report says his mother, upon hearing the commotion outside at 7.30am and finding out a little girl was missing .. went to his room to ask if he knew anything. This was before she even looked at the cctv. I find that suspicious. I wouldn’t have dreamed of asking my son if he knew anything about it .. wouldn’t have crossed my mind!

bronbaby, sindydee, Kasmeer and 3 others like this.
  14. Pooksthebear

Another thought too, why wasn’t the ‘special defence’ put forward when he was arrested or charged? Makes no sense leaving it until last week, I’m surprised it was accepted this late in the day!

stephaniejanes and Keeneye like this.
  15. Yenriac

Yenriac Well-Known Member

I had already spoke about this article upthread but was removed.

Heathyheath_ and Edinlass like this.
  16. Ciana

Ciana Well-Known Member

Well, Edinlass, we are all entitled to our own opinion, as you have mentioned previously. Thus far, there has been no direct evidence at all. None. It has been circumstantial. The c.c.t.v. has been a concern, that's for sure. I have no idea whether this young lad is guilty or otherwise and I await to hear the evidence which will be presented by the defence. It is a dreadful, horrendous case. I expect that the prosecution shall present further evidence on the dna found on the body of Alesha and that could be a deciding factor for many of the jury. We are yet to hear the case for the other side. I do think that there is more to this case than we have been told. I hope for Alesha and for those who love her, that justice will be done fair and square.

17. charlotte123456

charlotte123456 Well-Known Member

I don’t think (on its own) this is strange behaviour. Don’t forget, the mother knew he was up in the night because she heard the boiler whilst he was showering. She also knew that he had a party and therefore may have seen or heard something. Without any knowledge of the accused’s criminal activities in the past (if any), I honestly think I would have asked my sons and daughters if they knew anything when the alarm had been raised about the disappearance of a tiny girl within a small community like that. Could be written off as the normal response of a concerned member of the community who knows her son is well connected with what’s going on around the island.

18. Pooksthebear

I guess yeah

19. Yenriac

Yenriac Well-Known Member

I'm feeling a bit nervous about today. It's the prosecution's last chance to prove beyond reasonable doubt the accused carried out these crimes. So far it's still looking a bit shaky for me, i'm hoping the prosecution can blow whatever the defence bring to the table out of the water.

charlotte123456 likes this.
  20. Taskforce88

Taskforce88 Well-Known Member

Once the DNA evidence comes through we should be on more solid ground. Hopefully, Alesha's DNA was recovered from his bathroom, then the defence has no room for
    manoeuvre.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.