UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody remember off the top of their heads if the accused was 15 whenever Alesha was killed, or 16? I’m just trying to work out roughly the ballpark area for him turning 18 and being named and identified if he’s found guilty this week

He was 16. So accused will turn 18 in the first half of 2020.

Can anybody remember off the top of their heads if the accused was 15 whenever Alesha was killed, or 16? I’m just trying to work out roughly the ballpark area for him turning 18 and being named and identified if he’s found guilty this week
Pretty sure he was 16 when arrested.

Fraser Knight‏ @Fraser_Knight

Avril Lax, who lived near Alesha’s grandparents’ house is called to the stand. She says she could hear Toni “getting beaten up” in the house over a period of time in 2017 and was concerned about what was going on in the house.

bbm

So this fits with the accused's statement.

10:34

Witness heard Toni McLachlan "getting beaten up"

Witness Avril Lax, who lived near the house where Alesha was staying, is now giving evidence.

She tells the court she could hear Ms McLachlan “getting beaten up” at the property over a period of a few months in 2017.

She describes Ms McLachlan’s screams and cries for “help”.

Ms Lax claims Alesha’s grandparents told her she “didn’t hear anything” and that they didn’t want to “blacken” Robert MacPhail’s name.

The court hears there was due to be a court case for custody of Alesha.

Boy accused of murdering Alesha MacPhail, 6, denies rape

Connor Gillies - Twitter

Witness says she was told by Callum MacPhail and Angela King that “she didn’t hear anything”.

Witness claims the couple were trying not to “blacken Robert MacPhail’s name as a court case was coming up for custody of Alesha”.

BBM - First we’ve heard of any custody battle huh

Fraser Knight‏ @Fraser_Knight

Mrs Lax tells the court Alesha’s grandparents had confronted her about her allegations of domestic abuse between Robert MacPhail and Toni McLachlan. She says: “They didn’t want to blacken Robert’s name. There was a court case coming up for custody of Alesha.”

James Matthews‏Verified account @jamesmatthewsky

Witness tells court she once heard Toni McLachlan shouting ‘please somebody help me, please somebody get the police’. Says she heard Toni getting assaulted/abused 10 times

Connor Gillies‏Verified account @ConnorGillies

Witness says she could hear Toni “getting beaten up” in house for a “good few months”. Woman said she could hear Toni screaming and saying “please somebody help me”.
This is so sad. She could be heard by a neighbour. There are no adjoining homes. Unless she lived in the downstairs, ground floor flat. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member