GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Legally Bland, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

If I'd have been the judge I'd have asked their opinion to be honest... probably why I'd be be rubbish in that profession though as I wouldn't follow law I'd follow my heart.

Kiranerys, Yenriac and Kikixxxx like this.
  2. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

She's wrong, though--he didn't want to be named. If he did, his attorney would not have argued for keeping it a secret.

Eezer Goode, Ciana, Meeky and 6 others like this.
  3. truthseeker1975

truthseeker1975 Active Member

He will be on suicide watch let alone anyone getting the chance to kill him, but like a ted bundy, everyone is looking at him now, giving him the attention he does not deserve, and theres where i get her gran, he is just a lowlife not a celebrity, that over the next years the tabloids will make him, and i also agree with you 404, if they had kept his identity secret i would now be thinking they should have revealed his name, im just looking at it from all angles

4. 404_notfound

404_notfound Well-Known Member

I think you're right @truthseeker1975 there's just no way through this one with everyone satisfied is there. I think the judge did what HE felt was the right thing, which is what, ultimately, we ask of people in his position. That it might distress some involved was i'm sure something he took into account when reaching his decision.

Cases like this always make me marvel at how the media has changed in the electronic age though. When i was a child the VERY VERY LAST THING anyone would want is to be named as the rapist and murderer of a small child in the press! But somehow nowadays it counts as "celebrity".

Fidobell and truthseeker1975 like this.
  5. Sarahjo

Sarahjo Active Member

You are so right! There is no fear of authority with kids these days!

I grew up in a small place like Bute where everyone knew everyone, I was given a very stern talking to by the police once when I was in a fight (I was 14 or 15 so my parents clearly asked them to as they weren’t even present)!! They sent for me and my friend separately to go to the station and sat us down to go over what had happened, pretended they recorded it (though at the time I thought they really had) and said if anything like that every happened again they would send the tape over to the court.. I never stepped out of line again, the threat of them made sure of that!!

I think part of the problem is authorities have lost some of their authority for want of a better phrase.. people would kick up huge fuss if police did something like that now, or when a teacher ever trys to discipline their kids and while I dont think it’s down to them, it’s def a parents responsibility to ensure they raise a good kid, help from authority in the community should be encouraged as it’s teachers and police who are more likely to encounter the bad behaviour!

UKslueth2018, Alyce, Ciana and 4 others like this.
  6. Sleuthdolf

Sleuthdolf Well-Known Member

I've tried to supress this thought but think this may have happened. Just makes it worse (if that's possible).

Mrs Marple likes this.
  7. scapa

scapa Well-Known Member

Gold old DM. Wonder when they’ll list the price of the family home or coyly euphemize the phsysical features of women associated with the case.

I fear this crime will take a while to be flushed from the tabloids. I really hope family and friends find a way to manage some of the hurtful noise, especially Alesha’s mum, who seems utterly devastated and must see her wee pal every time she looks in the mirror.

8. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

Surely it wasn't a case of if but when he was named? Better to get it out of the way now surely, than wait until he's 18 and have the whole thing resurrected in the media in little more than a year's time?

9. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

It's already dissipating. The Sun just has one story up on it's homepage now.

HayLouise likes this.
  10. Taskforce88

Taskforce88 Well-Known Member

Yep

Kikixxxx likes this.
  11. bronzepurple

bronzepurple Well-Known Member

the first minute of this video kind of suggests that he called himself poisoned apple because he knows he's not normal, in the game the poisoned apple signpost states it is supposed to represent evil.. then later we see it next to a 'normal' apple..

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Alyce and Gardenista like this.
  12. wtiger

wtiger Like a poundland Elvis

Just a quick question (if anyone knows).....

Was Aaron Campbell born in england?

(Just for a project i am working on :)

Ciana likes this.
  13. Yenriac

Yenriac Well-Known Member

I think he was born in Scotland. No proof but i think it was said in an interview with his mum i read last night.

Ciana and Kikixxxx like this.
  14. TaylorCallum

TaylorCallum Well-Known Member

Yes, he commented it himself on one of his videos. Not sure where in England though.

Ciana likes this.
  15. wtiger

Another creepy twist.......

Does snow white not eat a poisoned apple?
    And
    Does she not then fall into a deep sleep?

You probably see where i am going with that!

Meeky and bronzepurple like this.
  16. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Yes

Ciana likes this.
  17. 404_notfound

404_notfound Well-Known Member

It's creepy in the current context but he was 13 when he called himself that, and a great many gamers have accounts with dodgy names like this (and MUCH worse i have to say) and they're not killers, they just want to look cool and edgy to all the other 13yo gamer types.

18. wtiger

IF i am barking up the right tree .....there may be a slight twist in the relationships in this story!

Cannot post more here really BUT if anyone could confirm Shrewsbury as a place of birth for him.....then i would be on a more secure footing to say more

19. Owlpellet

Owlpellet Well-Known Member

I read that he was, but from an unverified source who said he had asked him on one of his YouTube videos.

stephaniejanes and Ciana like this.
  20. Mrs Marple

Mrs Marple Well-Known Member

Surmising mum knew he was a bad apple. Maybe that's why she drank. She says in the Scottish Sun article her 'heart sank'. Sounds to me as though she went to that CCTV footage to see if he was on it. Because 8f that was my son, l'd think 'What the hell?' and ask him what he knows. She immediately assumed the worst.

bronzepurple likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.