UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The journalists all tweet so I don't see why not?

ETA thanks for taking the time to be there and keep us updated,can't be easy

True.

Oh no bother! I’ve been so invested in this case like every one here. I really wanted to try my best and make it along if I could. I just feel nervous for some reason haha.

The Evening Times‏Verified account @TheEveningTimes

Alesha MacPhail's mum, dad and grandparents have arrived at Glasgow High Court for the sentencing of 16-year-old Aaron Campbell. See more at https://bit.ly/2OiAtAX

D2LG4iqWoAAo7l2.jpg

D2LG4iuW0AAS0V4.jpg

D2LG4ioWoAAhIok.jpg

D2LG4iwXQAYUg8G.jpg

The Evening Times on Twitter

08:53KEY EVENT

Alesha's mum vows to meet her daughter's killer

Six-year-old Alesha’s mum last week broke her silence following her daughter’s brutal killing.

Georgina Lochrane, 24, branded evil Campbell, 16, an “animal”.

And she revealed she wants to visit him in prison to understand his horrific crime.

Georgina said: “I do want to go to see him. He has to approve the visitation but I’m more than happy to go face-to-face with him. I want him to look me in the eyes and I want to know why.”

5_Alesha-MacPhail-murder-trial.jpg

Georgina Lochrane outside Glasgow High Court during the murder trial (Image: PA)

Alesha MacPhail's teenage killer sentenced for her rape and murder

09:07KEY EVENT

Killer's movements on the night he killed Alesha

Campbell was captured coming and going from his home several times in the early hours of July 2, removing items of clothing and retrieving a torch.

Prosecutors accused Campbell of returning home after the murder to shower before leaving the house again on two occasions.

He had earlier tried to contact Alesha’s father and his partner Toni McLachlan, thought to have been seeking to buy cannabis as he had done from Mr MacPhail in the past.

Campbell drank alcohol, used cannabis, and hosted a party of around 15 friends at the home he shared with his mother earlier on the night he abducted and murdered Alesha.

1_FMF_SDR_23072018KYLE55JPG.jpg

Alesha MacPhail's body was found in woods (Image: Daily Record)

09:22

Killer grinned at Alesha's mum after guilty verdict

Alesha MacPhail’s heartbroken family will once again come face-to-face with the teen who brutally killed her.

The last time they saw Aaron Campbell was a few weeks ago when a jury found him guilty.

Alesha’s mum Georgina Lochrane, 24, has since revealed the evil 16-year-old turned to her and GRINNED as the verdict was read out.

“He smiled at us, at our full family,” Georgina previously said.

“If he is 16 and has committed a crime which the pathologist said is the worst he has ever seen, imagine what he can do in 20 years’ time.

“He’s in a cell and has time to plot. He has clearly thought it out.

“That does not deserve to ever be released back into society. That thing is an animal.”

Read the full story here.

1_VSP_SDR_110319Georgina_38JPG.jpg

Georgina Lochrane, the heartbroken mum of murdered Alesha MacPhail (Image: Daily Record)

09:38KEY EVENT

Alesha's family arrive in court

Alesha MacPhail’s grieving family have arrived at the High Court in Glasgow to hear how long their daughter’s killer will be locked behind bars.

Georgina Lochrane, 24, is wearing the heart-shaped locket she wore throughout the trial with a picture of Alesha, six, inside.

It was previously reported that she wore it every day in court so the little girl ‘could see her killer nailed’.

Alesha’s father Rab, 26, also known as Robert, has arrived too.

Alesha was snatched from her bed from Campbell hours after Mr MacPhail had tucked her up in bed and left her to watch Peppa Pig.

0_Alesha-MacPhail-murder-trial.jpg

Georgina Lochrane, Alesha's mother (Image: PA)

Alesha's father Rab, pictured centre (Image: PA)

Georgina has been joined by her partner and other family members (Image: PA)

She is wearing a heart-shaped locket with a picture of her daughter inside (Image: PA)
0_SWNS_ALESHA_MACPAHIL_02.jpg

Robert MacPhail tucked Alesha into bed as she watched Peppa Pig before she was snatched (Image: SWNS)

True.

Oh no bother! I’ve been so invested in this case like every one here. I really wanted to try my best and make it along if I could. I just feel nervous for some reason haha.
Don't worry, I would feel nervous and awkward too! I've never attended the public gallery before. Good for you going along.

09:46

Alesha's grandparents arrive

Alesha MacPhail’s grandparents Angela King and Callum MacPhail have arrived at court.

The six-year-old had been staying at their home in Rothesay in the Isle of Bute, Scotland, with her father Rab for the summer holidays.

Ms King reported Alesha missing just after 6am on July 2, 2018.

Less than three hours later the youngster’s battered and bruised body was found in the grounds of a derelict hotel.

0_SWNS_ALESHA_MACPHAIL_04.jpg

The grandparents of Alesha MacPhail, Angela King and Callum MacPhail (Image: SWNS)

10:04

Campbell's defence lawyer at High Court

Aaron Campbell’s defence lawyer Brian McConnachie QC is at the High Court.

He previously questioned how Campbell could have gotten into the house where Alesha was staying.

He said: “There were four adults in that house and yet the accused has taken it upon himself to go into this house for whatever purpose.”

He said Campbell had never been in the house and could not have known where Alesha was sleeping.

Mr McConnachie also recalled CCTV images of the accused taken at 3.35am on the morning of Alesha’s death.

He said the teen was seen “ sauntering” in a manner of someone “without a care in the world”.

He said it was not the actions of someone who had just seven minutes earlier carried out a rape and murder.

Campbell was found guilty by a jury last month.

1_Alesha-MacPhail-murder-trial.jpg

Brian McConnachie QC (Image: PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics