UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
11:51

Clues to descent into evil

Did a cocktail of violent video games and sick fantasies combined with alcohol and drugs create a depraved teen? Or was he “born evil” as one neighbour suggested?

Those who knew evil Campbell reveal the ‘warning signs’ of his descent into evil.

Read the full story here.

0_MAIN-Alesha-MacPhail-killer-to-be-sentenced_ED.jpg

Alesha MacPhail's teenage killer sentenced for her rape and murder

Actually sat here feeling really deflated like nothing will hurt him. He has no emotion even if something was hurting him he would laugh. He lacks empathy. He will be my age when he is eligible for parole - hardly life eh. I hope he never sees outside a jail ever again - but will he care, unlikely. He knew this would be the outcome, he thought it was hilarious the police hadn’t caught him sooner. Imagine his mum had wiped the CCTV - not worth thinking about

I’m sat here now just really angry all the rumours everything his mother and father would have known he had serious issues . Why why was nothing done about him before .

I can't fund it just now but his father told friends that AC lacked empathy. Well that's an understatement.

Dad was away and mum was a drinker sticking her head in the sand. I wonder if there will be a review of some sort. He may not have been diagnosed as being mentally ill but he clearly is mental of some kind. Severe Reactive Attachment Disorder maybe? We may never know.

At least there is justice for Alesha.

I’m sat here now just really angry all the rumours everything his mother and father would have known he had serious issues . Why why was nothing done about him before .
We don't know. Hopefully it'll come out. Could he have fallen threw the net?
At what point do you admit to someone that your son is a potential psychopath. Maybe he was taken to doctors - I think it is recorded that he had for reasons such as ADHD - not sure.
Was there any signs that this could have happened and what are those signs?

Actually sat here feeling really deflated like nothing will hurt him. He has no emotion even if something was hurting him he would laugh. He lacks empathy. He will be my age when he is eligible for parole - hardly life eh. I hope he never sees outside a jail ever again - but will he care, unlikely. He knew this would be the outcome, he thought it was hilarious the police hadn’t caught him sooner. Imagine his mum had wiped the CCTV - not worth thinking about

I doubt he'll ever get parole.

Its very, very rare that I would ever argue for an underage defendant to be given life without parole, I've had many arguments with people on here because I always think that someone who has committed murder before they reach adulthood should be given a second chance. This one feels different though. I honestly think that reaching adulthood in this case would only make him better at covering up his crimes.

I doubt he'll ever get parole.

Its very, very rare that I would ever argue for an underage defendant to be given life without parole, I've had many arguments with people on here because I always think that someone who has committed murder before they reach adulthood should be given a second chance. This one feels different though. I honestly think that reaching adulthood in this case would only make him better at covering up his crimes.

Yes he is seriously dangerous. Like a predator. It hurts me knowing that nothing will hurt him so I can’t imagine how the family must feel.

Not having a go at them. mistakes happen but i just wish they had locked the door on that fateful night, it still might have happened but he might have tried to enter and left when it was locked.

Either way he would have raped and killed someone soon after.

Its just too horrendous to think about, i'll try my best to think about other things during the day, i'm already at my computer at work just stunned.

Not having a go at them, mistakes happen, but it’s a pity AC’s mother and father didn’t hand him over to social services when he started exhibiting sociopathic behaviour. Mum looks to bury her head in a bottle of wine, dad goes off to an oil rig. Pair of ostriches- that boy was one BIG mistake.

I can't fund it just now but his father told friends that AC lacked empathy. Well that's an understatement.

Dad was away and mum was a drinker sticking her head in the sand. I wonder if there will be a review of some sort. He may not have been diagnosed as being mentally ill but he clearly is mental of some kind. Severe Reactive Attachment Disorder maybe? We may never know.

At least there is justice for Alesha.

Just plain Psychopath?!

That was painful to listen to and tears fell hearing that Alesha was conscious ...

Asking for or expecting remorse is pointless.
Aaron Campbell is very clearly a 'true' Psychopath and wanting him to feel remorseful is like wanting a blind person to see ... he just can't. He could pretend to be, he could act sorry but, it wouldn't be genuine.

I do find it staggering that he has no mental disorder tbh, like wtf. None of this is ‘normal’ behaviour

@Edinlass - l think he is mentally ill. But he is presenting in a way that hasn't been seen before and can't be classified? Maybe it cuts across - sexual deviant, paedophile, psychotic, attachment disorder..bit of everything.

Or maybe he actually really is just evil.

Psychopaths cannot be cured — here's why

Thank the Lord he did not get away with Alesha's murder because there would have been another victim. I think he truly enjoyed, and still enjoys, what he did. I do not think going to prison bothers him or intimidates him.

I am glad to have learned how Alesha was removed from her bedroom and home, though I am not sure I would/can believe anything he says.

I am sad for the Isle of Bute that this killer left such a dark mark on what appears to be a lovely, lovely place and community. I think it will be many, many, many years before the name Aaron Thomas Campbell can be forgotten. I pray Alesha can rest in peace and that all those who loved her and have been scarred by what happened can eventually heal and find some peace.

Last edited:
@Edinlass - l think he is mentally ill. But he is presenting in a way that hasn't been seen before and can't be classified? Maybe it cuts across - sexual deviant, paedophile, psychotic, attachment disorder..bit of everything.

Or maybe he actually really is just evil.

Yeah you could be onto something.
I struggle to believe he’s not mentally disturbed. This needs looked into ASAP. He can’t be the first and last afterall.

Not having a go at them, mistakes happen, but it’s a pity AC’s mother and father didn’t hand him over to social services when he started exhibiting sociopathic behaviour. .

This resource does not exist, though. At best, they'd have been referred for counselling with a long wait. Look at what happened with Katie Rough's killer.

"The teenage killer had been under the care of mental health experts for a year prior to the murder and her psychotic and delusional state was known.

A full psychiatric assessment had been requested, but sadly was never followed through, and she has since been diagnosed as having a ‘schizo-type personality disorder’."

Katie Rough Killer Reveals Chilling Motive To Courtroom

It's almost as if he is aware of what he's done but he's brazing it out. When the judge said that there was no mental health issues does that take into concern behavioural issues? Surely he has that. Psychopathy is a behavioural issue.
I presume that's what the long years of work will focus on.

I hope that Georgina and the family have all the resources available to them and that at some point, it will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd