UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought, and it's just that, as I guess we will never know his exact intentions...

I think he knew the inside of the flat from making a prior visit or visits although I dont believe Alesha's family were aware of this.
I also believe he went there for Alesha, not for drugs.
On that basis, once he knew the doors were unlocked and could hear that all was quiet in the flat ( everyone asleep ) he knew he only had to go to the first room to find Alesha - and to take her, he had no need of a knife.

I didn't think he went there for drugs until his confession today. A niggling part of me doesn't believe what he is saying 100%, I just don't know really. Obviously there is truth in there but it's all a game to him. I also thought he was a nighttime prowler and believe it more so now, I agree there is strong probability he had been there before.

If that is what happened then why would he bother to take the knife in the first place.?

Last edited:
I wonder how many psychopaths I've met in my life without realising. Things like this really get you thinking, don't they?
I’ve also been thinking about this a lot lately- there’s certainly a few that come to mind!
This case will certainly stick with me a long time, along with Katie Rough and Becky Watts to name a few. Sometimes I’ll just be going about my day to day life and I’ll think about these cases and how these things actually do happen. I guess like people have said we strive to understand things we can’t understand, as humans were always seeking answers.
Hearing Georgia screaming at that boy during sentencing is exactly how I feel as well.

I was just thinking about how he managed to fool people around him,we are all waiting for something to happen to him in prison but the truth is that he will probably be able to charm and manipulate his way to the top of the food chain and end up running the place:(
Never. Not in Scotland, everyone in Polmont knows he’s in there and lots of young guys ready to be a hero. He’ll charm no one.

I found this , I’m not sure if it’s different coz he’s in a young offenders and not an adults prison but it’s basically the difference between convicted vs remand

That was what I wondered, because of him being in young offenders, whether it was a different set up to an adult prison.
Scary though the bit about sometimes a remand prisoner goes in with a convicted criminal.

Really can’t work out what he was trying to achieve by telling the doctor he was trying not to laugh at some points of the trial. And that he felt totally nothing in the days after apart from amusement that the police hadn’t arrested him.

Was he trying to p*** people off or what? Makes no sense how hed Spent 8 months denying it only to admit it on the day of his sentencing plus add those horrific details on top to make it sound even worse for himself .. sounds like he didn’t care how long he got, maybe even wanted it?

Will he go back to the same cell or will he move to a different area of the prison, now that he is sentenced ?
Not that I expect it will make much difference, as you say, probably back on the Xbox wherever he is.
Usually held in the remand hall or unit then moved to a new hall when convicted. I don't know if that happens before or after sentencing though?

Really can’t work out what he was trying to achieve by telling the doctor he was trying not to laugh at some points of the trial. And that he felt totally nothing in the days after apart from amusement that the police hadn’t arrested him.

Was he trying to p*** people off or what? Makes no sense how hed Spent 8 months denying it only to admit it on the day of his sentencing plus add those horrific details on top to make it sound even worse for himself .. sounds like he didn’t care how long he got, maybe even wanted it?
A psychopath toying with the family. The quicker he disappears to obscurity, the better. I hope he isn't given the luxury of a game like Red Dead Redemption and he is stuck playing Sonic the Hedgehog forever.

I've been thinking about this as well. I think there are a few possible scenarios. The most obvious being that he is legit just a psychopath and that's the way that he feels. He enjoyed what he did, he finds it funny and he found the whole situation amusing. I think that's the case to be honest.

There's also the possibility that he's still very angry at being convicted, he wanted to get back at the family one last time and he did so by coming out with the cruellest and most inhumane statements he could think of.

Then also a remote possibility that maybe he feels if he plays up the angle of how deranged he is then people in prison might leave him alone as they won't want to go near someone so volatile and apparently insane, so he did it for his own safety. But I doubt that.

I think he's just a psychopath though.

I'm guessing he spent time concocting his ridiculous defence thinking it was worth a shot,and if not it would still cause maximum distress for him to revel in,and once he was found guilty he figured why not,what have I got to lose?,we know he loved to brag and he craved fame and notoriety so once he had been found guilty why not tell the world how clever he is and how he enjoyed what he did?,again maximum impact for all involved and a willing audience for him to get more mileage from his actions,After all it was the last chance he'll have for a while!

All a sick game to him, he truly thought he would get away with it, when he never he confessed to further hurt everyone, final twist of the knife. He smiled!!!

I'm guessing he spent time concocting his ridiculous defence thinking it was worth a shot,and if not it would still cause maximum distress for him to revel in,and once he was found guilty he figured why not,what have I got to lose?,we know he loved to brag and he craved fame and notoriety so once he had been found guilty why not tell the world how clever he is and how he enjoyed what he did?,again maximum impact for all involved and a willing audience for him to get more mileage from his actions,After all it was the last chance he'll have for a while!
Exactly this.

i know there are some that were upset by some contributors giving AC aka sh1thead's line of defence some thought. i myself was one. i didn't believe everything he said, but chose to question the evidence we were given. we didn't get to bear witness to all evidence that was presented in court. i didn't want to rule out a line of enquiry simply because it sounded ridiculous or cruel. i just wanted justice for Alesha. i think it's healthy to have debate and discuss. i am sorry to anyone here if i caused offence by liking opposing views. i 'like' comments that probe and others i agree with. peace xo

Last edited:

kiki, i think it's just that, that he was trying to p*** people off. to shock, to hurt, to provoke, to control, manipulate. he doesn't give a rat's *advertiser censored* about how others feel. all about the Ego, he's the big 'I am'.

I arrived at the High Court around 9am and I saw the media already outside. I walked by a police officer and some members of the public. I waited a good few feet away from the entrance and went on my phone to check news reports and come on here. I then looked up from my phone and Angela looked right at me as she walked a foot in front of me. It took me a second to process who she was and then I felt awful for her. I saw Calum as well, walking beside her. I then realised the media started taking photos so I had to move around a wall to the side.

I lingered outside for 5 minutes or so and then decide to go inside. Did the usual security/metal detector check and was feeling pretty nervous. I had never been in the High Court before. I walked over to one of the screens to look for the sentencing, it said it was in Court 6. I then saw Rab standing in a corner. I sat down on one of the chairs. There were quite a lot of police, barristers, a bunch of other legal staff plus there were I think 3 other cases going on at the same time so families and friends for other trials were coming and going too. I even heard a few people saying "It's even busier than normal today". I then saw Toni and Rab walking together, I think they had just come out of a witness room. Shortly after that I saw Georgina arrive, she looked distraught but she gave a woman a hug and she was surrounded by family. It must have been about 9:20am now and it was expected to start at 9;30am. I was getting even more nervous as it went on. I saw Georgina and her family get taken into a separate room and I assume they were getting briefed on certain things. We were waiting around for a while. A police officer came over and asked if I was a member of the public and wanting to go into Court 6, I said yes and she reminded me that no photographs were allowed. I kept checking on here for updates and comments to pass the time as it felt like it was going in so slowly. It started to get busier as the time went on.

It was around 10:30am when the family were called into the courtroom first. Then after that the press were called in and finally the public. We were told that the press had to keep their phones on silent and all members of the public were to keep their phones switched off. I walked into the room and it felt really sombre, I'd never been into a courtroom and didn't know quite what to expect or what the layout would be like. There were rows of two seats on the left hand side, the stairs as you walked in, the larger main seating area in the middle and then more rows of two seats on the right hand side. It was nearly full, I ended up sitting near a lot of the press right at the front in the middle. The family were sat right in the centre in the middle. There was a wooden partition with glass on top that separated us from the Aaron and the rest of the court. Aaron walked in with two guards. One male and one female who sat either side of him with their back to us. He was handcuffed to the female guard. He was wearing a grey suit, the same one from prom and the trial I believe. He had longish hair which swooped down into a fringe. Mr McConnachie was sat in front of Aaron sideways on and to the right. The judge came in and we all stood up.

One of the first thing that struck us was when Lord Matthews told us about the psychologist report and informed us that Aaron had admitted responsibility for the crime. I'm sure there were a few audible gasps in the room. The atmosphere was so tense. Most of the rest of it was Mr McConnachie's speech which was well reported in the press. He spoke about Aaron's "less than ideal family life", how his age should be taken into consideration, how he has admitted his guilt etc. You could hear the press constantly writing in their notepads and tweeting. Lord Matthews spoke about how the awful the crime was and how he didn't want to go into the specific details of it. He then spoke about the psychologist report of Dr Macpherson. Which the Dr himself apparently said was "very pessimistic", indicating that Aaron fit a lot of the criteria for the psychopathy checklist, that he was sexually violent, that he showed no empathy or remorse. The Judge then went away to deliberate, Aaron turned to leave and he glanced at me for a split second, we made brief eye-contact as I was pretty much one of the first people he would see as he turned to leave. It was really weird honestly. Seeing him in person - and also all of Alesha's family - was odd. It felt surreal after following the trial for so long. I knew they were real people obviously but to actually see them in person was a different matter. It was about 10:50am or thereafter I think, when we left the courtroom for the first time.

We all waited outside again and it was quite nerve-wracking. I saw Toni over at the water-cooler speaking to a few people. I think she was trying to smile and act normal but it must have been really hard for her. The family were taken into rooms again. We were recalled fairly quickly. We entered back into the courtroom same as before - family, press, public. That was when the livestream sentencing began which I'm sure you all saw. Judge Matthews went through everything that I'm sure you all heard, the worst part for me like I said before was when he spoke about Alesha and said that she asked Aaron who he was and he said "A friend of your dads" and that he was going to "take her home". He gave her his hoodie because she was cold and honestly that nearly made me cry. People in the room were visibly upset, it was horrible to listen to. The other things we heard about him trying not to laugh during his trial, about him having fantasies of rape, about how he abducted her were just disgusting. It felt horrible being in that room so I don't know how it must have felt for her family. Toni started sobbing and I saw Rab comfort her but then she ran out of the courtroom. Judge Matthews stopped speaking for a brief moment while it happened and everyone in the courtroom was obviously a bit distressed except Aaron. He didn't even seem to flinch. He appeared emotionless and cold throughout the entire thing. He barely moved except a couple of times to run his fingers through his hair or when he pursed his lips once. The only time I saw emotion from him was when Lord Matthews sentenced him to 27 years and Georgina started shouting at him, he was being led out of the courtroom and he smiled at her. I was literally a foot or so away from him and saw it right through the glass partition and it was horrifying. He seemed to be revelling in her sadness. I don't think I've seen someone in real life so callous and so lacking in empathy. After that, it certainly confirmed to me that he was an unabashed psychopath and I felt sick.

Everyone was pretty speechless after that, the room was quiet. We were all led out and a lot of people were visibly upset. I saw Georgina being led into a room by a police officer, I think she was trying to help her and calm her down. I waited a little bit until the crowd dispersed then I left. The media were totally focused on the door. The cameras were trained, waiting for the family to come out. I know it's their job but they really are like vultures some times.

So yeah that was pretty much my summary. It was a heartbreaking day honestly and one I don't think I'll forget in a long time. My heart really goes out to her family. I'm sure I've forgotten some things or details but that's what I remember to the best of my knowledge. If you have any questions feel free to message me! And thank you very much for all the support.

At least some form of justice has been done, even if it's not the way everyone would have wanted. He'll be behind bars for a very long time, if not the rest of his life. It still saddens me to know that, that beautiful little girl will never get to grow up. Rest in peace Alesha.
Just in from work and catching up , grateful thanks to you for your input . My heart hurts for her family .

He arrived in court in an unmarked taxi, not sure if he left in one tho.

Looks like he left in this, I thought that was weird he didn’t leave in a proper prison van. Maybe they don’t see him as any risk of escaping or anything? Or maybe it was cause he left court early and was a van just for him

Attachments

• 059D300A-BBE0-48AC-86C3-7AF933235948.jpeg
    059D300A-BBE0-48AC-86C3-7AF933235948.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics