GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Legally Bland, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleuthdolf

Sleuthdolf Well-Known Member

I didn't think he went there for drugs until his confession today. A niggling part of me doesn't believe what he is saying 100%, I just don't know really. Obviously there is truth in there but it's all a game to him. I also thought he was a nighttime prowler and believe it more so now, I agree there is strong probability he had been there before.

If that is what happened then why would he bother to take the knife in the first place.?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Eve71, gitana1, Bluedaisy100 and 6 others like this.
  2. nothinonyou

nothinonyou Active Member

I’ve also been thinking about this a lot lately- there’s certainly a few that come to mind!
    This case will certainly stick with me a long time, along with Katie Rough and Becky Watts to name a few. Sometimes I’ll just be going about my day to day life and I’ll think about these cases and how these things actually do happen. I guess like people have said we strive to understand things we can’t understand, as humans were always seeking answers.
    Hearing Georgia screaming at that boy during sentencing is exactly how I feel as well.

LittleMystery, Alyce, Eve71 and 8 others like this.
  3. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond New Member

Never. Not in Scotland, everyone in Polmont knows he’s in there and lots of young guys ready to be a hero. He’ll charm no one.

4. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

That was what I wondered, because of him being in young offenders, whether it was a different set up to an adult prison.
    Scary though the bit about sometimes a remand prisoner goes in with a convicted criminal.

5. Kikixxxx

Kikixxxx Well-Known Member

Really can’t work out what he was trying to achieve by telling the doctor he was trying not to laugh at some points of the trial. And that he felt totally nothing in the days after apart from amusement that the police hadn’t arrested him.

Was he trying to p*** people off or what? Makes no sense how hed Spent 8 months denying it only to admit it on the day of his sentencing plus add those horrific details on top to make it sound even worse for himself .. sounds like he didn’t care how long he got, maybe even wanted it?

gc105, Eve71, Bluedaisy100 and 4 others like this.
  6. TaylorCallum

TaylorCallum Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought that too. What if they're innocent? That's not a great set-up.

7. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Yes. Yet remember most don't kill. They are simply happy to make your life miserable.

jessie, Alyce, Gillwill and 8 others like this.
  8. Yenriac

Yenriac Well-Known Member

Usually held in the remand hall or unit then moved to a new hall when convicted. I don't know if that happens before or after sentencing though?

9. Sleuthdolf

Sleuthdolf Well-Known Member

A psychopath toying with the family. The quicker he disappears to obscurity, the better. I hope he isn't given the luxury of a game like Red Dead Redemption and he is stuck playing Sonic the Hedgehog forever.

10. TaylorCallum

TaylorCallum Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this as well. I think there are a few possible scenarios. The most obvious being that he is legit just a psychopath and that's the way that he feels. He enjoyed what he did, he finds it funny and he found the whole situation amusing. I think that's the case to be honest.

There's also the possibility that he's still very angry at being convicted, he wanted to get back at the family one last time and he did so by coming out with the cruellest and most inhumane statements he could think of.

Then also a remote possibility that maybe he feels if he plays up the angle of how deranged he is then people in prison might leave him alone as they won't want to go near someone so volatile and apparently insane, so he did it for his own safety. But I doubt that.

I think he's just a psychopath though.

jessie, Eve71, jiffajaffa31 and 8 others like this.
  11. Kiranerys

Kiranerys Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he spent time concocting his ridiculous defence thinking it was worth a shot,and if not it would still cause maximum distress for him to revel in,and once he was found guilty he figured why not,what have I got to lose?,we know he loved to brag and he craved fame and notoriety so once he had been found guilty why not tell the world how clever he is and how he enjoyed what he did?,again maximum impact for all involved and a willing audience for him to get more mileage from his actions,After all it was the last chance he'll have for a while!

jessie, Alyce, Bluedaisy100 and 8 others like this.
  12. Yenriac

All a sick game to him, he truly thought he would get away with it, when he never he confessed to further hurt everyone, final twist of the knife. He smiled!!!

Lyndaloo, Alyce, Bluedaisy100 and 8 others like this.
  13. Yenriac

Exactly this.

14. bronbaby

bronbaby Active Member

i love this post. it would surely pee him off no end.

15. bronbaby

bronbaby Active Member

i know there are some that were upset by some contributors giving AC aka sh1thead's line of defence some thought. i myself was one. i didn't believe everything he said, but chose to question the evidence we were given. we didn't get to bear witness to all evidence that was presented in court. i didn't want to rule out a line of enquiry simply because it sounded ridiculous or cruel. i just wanted justice for Alesha. i think it's healthy to have debate and discuss. i am sorry to anyone here if i caused offence by liking opposing views. i 'like' comments that probe and others i agree with. peace xo

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  16. bronbaby

bronbaby Active Member

kiki, i think it's just that, that he was trying to p*** people off. to shock, to hurt, to provoke, to control, manipulate. he doesn't give a rat's ass about how others feel. all about the Ego, he's the big 'I am'.

17. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond New Member

He arrived in court in an unmarked taxi, not sure if he left in one tho.

18. Fidobell

Fidobell Active Member

Just in from work and catching up , grateful thanks to you for your input . My heart hurts for her family .

19. bronbaby

bronbaby Active Member

pity he wasn't walking...

20. Kikixxxx

Kikixxxx Well-Known Member

Looks like he left in this, I thought that was weird he didn’t leave in a proper prison van. Maybe they don’t see him as any risk of escaping or anything? Or maybe it was cause he left court early and was a van just for him

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.