GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Legally Bland, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

On the plus side she won't have to keep ringing round his mates to find out where he is.

mrazda71, Alyce, Noseyjosie and 8 others like this.
  2. Kiranerys

Kiranerys Well-Known Member

Takes allsorts!

Yenriac, Mrs Marple and TaylorCallum like this.
  3. Mrs Marple

Mrs Marple Well-Known Member

I wonder if he and Genie will stay in contact. I wonder if she feels any resentment towards him.

Ciana, Welshcake, Yenriac and 5 others like this.
  4. Eve71

Eve71 Well-Known Member

That’s a good point. I can’t think of any child killers where that’s been reported ( usually the press are all over it ) but none come to mind. Never heard of Brady, Huntley ,Whiting having girlfriends but tbh nothing would surprise me with some people.

5. Yenriac

Yenriac Well-Known Member

Charles Bronson and the Krays were career criminals, tough guys and i can understand why women like that in a man. I think you're right though, who on earth would find that sleekit wee weasel attractive?

6. Cappuccino

Cappuccino Well-Known Member

Ha! You know what? I bet that's a large part of the attraction of men in prison too.

Ciana, Alyce, Edinlass and 3 others like this.
  7. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

Rab or AC?

ETA: obviously Rab.

Kikixxxx likes this.
  8. Yenriac

I don't think they looked like they had anything between them throughout the trial. They never arrived at court together or left together.
    As they have Alesha in common i would have expected to see more support between them.

Kiranerys, Kikixxxx and Mrs Marple like this.
  9. Mrs Marple

Rab

Ciana and Legally Bland like this.
  10. Kiranerys

Kiranerys Well-Known Member

Obviously it's the press so you can't tell,but in the photos they are always very seperate,and Genie has never appeared to mention him in interviews,likewise CJ didn't mention Genie in his video so I get the impression that they were quite estranged before any of this but just MO

Ciana, gitana1, Noseyjosie and 4 others like this.
  11. Kikixxxx

Kikixxxx Well-Known Member

I know Chris watts had loads of women writing him love letters, asking if there was anything they could send him, sending him pics of themselves. And he murdered his wife, unborn baby, and 2 little girls both under 5.
    Its probably more the fact he wasn’t a bad looking guy and worked out though probably, Huntley and Brady weren’t exactly oil paintings were they.
    I think these women think they can change them or something. Weird and disturbing tho

12. Mrs Marple

That's what l thought. They were together at a vigil, but that was before some if this stuff has come out. She strikes me as being pretty clued up. Did GL have anyone with her? We've seen more of the MacPhail side coming and going to court.

13. TaylorCallum

TaylorCallum Well-Known Member

So truthfully I mentioned a while ago I was considering sending him a letter because I had so many unanswered questions about this case and so many things that were bothering me. I know many people find the idea quite ghoulish and I totally understand that, it's certainly not something that everyone would be interested in doing.

I actually did end up sending one (about 3 weeks ago) but this was well before his sentencing and his confession when I was still a bit unsure about certain aspects of the case and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I believed he had done it but I wasn't sure he was an outright psychopath yet (until I saw him smiling in the courtroom), I thought there may be other mental health issues or mitigating factors. Anyway, he never responded so not only is he a child rapist and murderer, he's ignorant as well. Just thought I'd share lol.

14. Eve71

Eve71 Well-Known Member

I’m not so sure. I think they’re amicable but mainly for the sake of the trial. I would be surprised if she doesn’t hold some resentment. I believe there was a custody battle over Alesha, not sure if this was solved before she passed or was still ongoing. I did read in her interview, genie said on the day Alesha was missing, she couldn’t get through to the family, so she phoned her solicitor.

bronbaby, gitana1, Kikixxxx and 3 others like this.
  15. bronzepurple

bronzepurple Well-Known Member

I think they will stay here, I suspect Rab has lived here all his life (although I don't know that for sure). Alesha's grandmother has just got a new job in Rothesay in a new shop that has opened, so it does look like she intends to stay for the foreseeable future anyway.

16. Yenriac

Yes. She had her partner and other family members with her in press photos.
    I think they were estranged, in one of her interviews she said she spoke with someone called Scott on Bute to find out about Alesha.
    I don't think RM or GL had much contact with each other.
    GL probably resents RM because he was looking after their daughter when that thing stole her from bed. It's a terrible situation for both Alesha's parents.
    RM looks awful, withdrawn and pale. You can see his pain.

gitana1, Noseyjosie, Edinlass and 6 others like this.
  17. Eve71

Eve71 Well-Known Member

Yes she comes across very well. Genie was well supported....her partner, mother, 2 brothers and their partners and her grandad were with her. I get the feeling they’re very close knit family.

I think she had concerns ( hence custody battle) the grandparents were also very heavily involved with Alesha when she came to the island.

gitana1, Noseyjosie, Edinlass and 4 others like this.
  18. TaylorCallum

TaylorCallum Well-Known Member

For what it's worth. Georgina and Rab never spoke to each other on Thursday as far as I could tell, they weren't sitting beside each other and when they were being briefed beforehand they were taken into separate rooms.

Ciana, bronbaby, gitana1 and 10 others like this.
  19. Mrs Marple

I have to wonder about GL finding out on Facebook. I get that they might not have wanted to alarm her unnecessarily, thought they would find her just down the road or whatever, but crikey..

gitana1, Edinlass, Kasmeer and 5 others like this.
  20. Missmaam

Missmaam Active Member

I found out via Facebook that my best friend had died - it still pains me after 5 years - so God only knows how poor Genie felt.

HayLouise, Ciana, gitana1 and 10 others like this.