GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder about GL finding out on Facebook. I get that they might not have wanted to alarm her unnecessarily, thought they would find her just down the road or whatever, but crikey..
That is awful, the way she found out. Maybe they never wanted to alarm her but it's her daughter, she should have been made aware immediately IMO.

I have to wonder about GL finding out on Facebook. I get that they might not have wanted to alarm her unnecessarily, thought they would find her just down the road or whatever, but crikey..

I did think the same. I thought maybe it was not to worry her and they probably thought Alesha would soon turn up unharmed and genie would not need to know. I get the impression they didn’t want anything to jeopardise them having her. But then Aleshas grandmother put it on fb before informing genie. Poor genie found out her daughter had died through fb....

Yes she comes across very well. Genie was well supported....her partner, mother, 2 brothers and their partners and her grandad were with her. I get the feeling they’re very close knit family.

I think she had concerns ( hence custody battle) the grandparents were also very heavily involved with Alesha when she came to the island.

Yes l had some thoughts on the level of presence of the grandparents, not really for this forum though.

I think I read somewhere that they called her but didn't get her and then when she tries to call back it was too late as they were at the police station,and obviously they spread the word on fb when she went missing to ask people to search.
It sounds awful because of how it all happened so quickly and it being such a small community but I don't think they deliberately didn't tell her and originally I'm sure they were sure they would find her safe on the island after having gone for a wander.Its just an awful situation all round

Yeah I remember reading that they did try to call her...but the papers wanted to push the headline of Genie finding out on facebook, which sort of made people assume/think that the grandparents and rab hadn't bothered to contact her. But I don't think that was the case. Their priority was to find Alesha that morning and they must have been running round in a panic trying to do everything they could. Time must have seemed like a blur to them.

For what it's worth. Georgina and Rab never spoke to each other on Thursday as far as I could tell, they weren't sitting beside each other and when they were being briefed beforehand they were taken into separate rooms.

Thank you. I did get that impression though. They were never pictured together arriving, taking breaks or leaving together. They also never sat with each other at Aleshas funeral. Rabs family sat behind the Lochranes. Rab also never carried Aleshas coffin ,it’s been misreported that he did , but it was her step dad and three uncles.

There was a brilliant post on the Ellie Butler threads which psychoanalysed Jennie Grey and why she would be happy with Ben Butler being in prison. I just can't think of the right phrases to search for it.

Oh yeah she was so crazy insecure, her self esteem was practically non existent so l can imagine she thinks although she isnt with him no one else is either. She might think they will carry on when they get out. That's another pair with a special place in hell.

For what it's worth. Georgina and Rab never spoke to each other on Thursday as far as I could tell, they weren't sitting beside each other and when they were being briefed beforehand they were taken into separate rooms.

How did Rab seem with his parents?,in photos he always seems a bit lost out on his own,like they are together united and he is trailing behind?

Thank you. I did get that impression though. They were never pictured together arriving, taking breaks or leaving together. They also never sat with each other at Aleshas funeral. Rabs family sat behind the Lochranes. Rab also never carried Aleshas coffin ,it’s been misreported that he did , but it was her step dad and three uncles.
Yeah why didn’t rab carry the coffin? I wondered that too

The post she put on facebook was to alert people on bute to look for Alesha and help search...because time was of the essence...she didn't post about Alesha's body being found..that was other people/media etc. But yes finding out through facebook must have been the worst moment you can imagine :(

The post she put on facebook was to alert people on bute to look for Alesha and help search...because time was of the essence...she didn't post about Alesha's body being found..that was other people/media etc. But yes finding out through facebook must have been the worst moment you can imagine :(

Yes I completely understand why she did that, I think anyone else would do the same. Genie has just made it very clear she feels she should have been personally told . I know she found out by a link a friend sent her from Angies fb page. Heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong