GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually pleading guilty gets a lighter sentence, not sure by how much though.
It was widely reported when Alesha went missing for at least a couple of weeks until the funeral.

The judge did say though that he plead not guilty and took it to trial,"which was your right and I do not increase your sentence because of this" although I think maybe that was said to stave off the chance of winning an appeal against the sentence.

I remember it being reported when it happened,then a few days later that they had arrested a 16yr old boy known to the family and after that it went quite quiet newswise in England anyway

Yeah, psychologists ask the right probing questions. I can imagine AC recounting everything but i can also imagine him glorifying and enjoying it.

Yep,I think once the psychologists spoke to him and after his demeanour in court they had an idea of what they were dealing with and then asked questions accordingly.
Then I think he just couldn't help himself,he was so very pleased with himself and he had already been found guilty so why not brag about it,it sounds like he had pride in what he had done and I am sure he enjoyed watching the social workers reactions to hearing the gruesome details.
His QC said before the sentencing began that his client understood he was going away for a long time and might never get out.Im not sure he cared about being locked up really,he had been in for 8 months and probably adapted well,I mean it would be torture for normal kids who feel certain things but for a budding psychopath I think he would just adjust to his surroundings,just guessing though obvioulsy

Yep,I think once the psychologists spoke to him and after his demeanour in court they had an idea of what they were dealing with and then asked questions accordingly.
Then I think he just couldn't help himself,he was so very pleased with himself and he had already been found guilty so why not brag about it,it sounds like he had pride in what he had done and I am sure he enjoyed watching the social workers reactions to hearing the gruesome details.
His QC said before the sentencing began that his client understood he was going away for a long time and might never get out.Im not sure he cared about being locked up really,he had been in for 8 months and probably adapted well,I mean it would be torture for normal kids who feel certain things but for a budding psychopath I think he would just adjust to his surroundings,just guessing though obvioulsy
Yes I can’t help but think it suits him being in jail
A structured routined life that maybe he lacked at home

I wonder if he hadn’t went to trial, pleaded guilty straight away and shown remorse what he would of got? It might of been something like 15 years? Do you think ?

I didn’t even hear about the case until the first day of his trial and the special defence was what caught my interest. Was it reported a lot at the time back in July? I can’t remember hearing much about it at all which is crazy?

I remember driving about running errands the morning Alesha was reported missing. It was reported on the radio that she was missing and then within an hour or 2 the reports were that a body had been found. I then remember some reports that someone had been arrested as well as coverage of the vigils. Then the story went fairly quiet until the trial.

I remember driving about running errands the morning Alesha was reported missing. It was reported on the radio that she was missing and then within an hour or 2 the reports were that a body had been found. I then remember some reports that someone had been arrested as well as coverage of the vigils. Then the story went fairly quiet until the trial.

Yeah I don’t remember hearing about it so I went back and found the daily mail article about her body being found dated 2nd July. I scrolled through the comments and the top comment was “why isn’t this headline news but the England World Cup match is ??” So I’m guessing it was further down and I missed it which is awful actually.

The fact the England match Dominated the headlines over what happened to alesha. What a sad world we live in sometimes :( I am in England though so I’m sure in Scotland it would have been reported more so I’d imagine.

I remember hearing about the case mostly through social media where most of the comments were about some refugees who had been placed on the island and then about stopping the ferries to avoid whoever had come from the mainland to do it getting back.
It was a heartbreaking story then but it's just got worse and worse.

I remember hearing about the case mostly through social media where most of the comments were about some refugees who had been placed on the island and then about stopping the ferries to avoid whoever had come from the mainland to do it getting back.
It was a heartbreaking story then but it's just got worse and worse.
Yeah I remember the police manning the ferries to see who was coming/going etc...they must have thought it quite possible it was a tourist who had come over as it was in the middle of the summer season and lots of tourists were visiting...people thought it was unlikely to be someone from the island...little did we know...:confused:

Yeah I remember the police manning the ferries to see who was coming/going etc...they must have thought it quite possible it was a tourist who had come over as it was in the middle of the summer season and lots of tourists were visiting...people thought it was unlikely to be someone from the island...little did we know...:confused:

Did they think then that she had wandered out of the flat at first do you think?

Did they think then that she had wandered out of the flat at first do you think?
I don't think so really. That was just one bus driver who made a comment to a journo about Alesha being known to sleepwalk, and I think they created a whole article about that single comment. I think the family knew something was seriously wrong when they found she wasn't in the house. I remember that before all the stuff about the police throwing the black hoodie in the bin came out, I remember people talking about how the police were worried because they had messed up/made some sort of mistake in regards to evidence and they were worried if it would affect the case. Looking back now I know they must have been referring to the hoodie being thrown away by a police officer (at the time this hadn't come out in the press).

I don't think so really. That was just one bus driver who made a comment to a journo about Alesha being known to sleepwalk, and I think they created a whole article about that single comment. I think the family knew something was seriously wrong when they found she wasn't in the house. I remember that before all the stuff about the police throwing the black hoodie in the bin came out, I remember people talking about how the police were worried because they had messed up/made some sort of mistake in regards to evidence and they were worried if it would affect the case. Looking back now I know they must have been referring to the hoodie being thrown away by a police officer (at the time this hadn't come out in the press).

They have made whole articles from much less to be fair!
That's really bad,thank God it didn't all hinge on the hoodie!

Yeah that hoodie. I still find it baffling that hoodie showed zero connection to alesha. No fibres or blood. I mean how? I just can’t understand it. So lucky it wasn’t the joggers that they messed up with instead cause they were crucial with fibres and dna .

Yeah that hoodie. I still find it baffling that hoodie showed zero connection to alesha. No fibres or blood. I mean how? I just can’t understand it. So lucky it wasn’t the joggers that they messed up with instead cause they were crucial with fibres and dna .

Did they say there was no blood or DNA traces on it? I know they said no fibres,but I assumed that they couldnt/wouldn't be able to use any traces of fluids due to the poor handling of evidence,I know it was in an evidence bag in the skip but no chain of evidence would make anything from it inadmissible in court.
I can't work out the fibres though,unless the material doesn't shed much?

Did they say there was no blood or DNA traces on it? I know they said no fibres,but I assumed that they couldnt/wouldn't be able to use any traces of fluids due to the poor handling of evidence,I know it was in an evidence bag in the skip but no chain of evidence would make anything from it inadmissible in court.
I can't work out the fibres though,unless the material doesn't shed much?

Yeah it said no blood but they didn’t test for dna cause of the mix up in the skip.
I’m guessing it would have had dna on it though

Attachments

• 703CA742-51AD-42B2-8C37-7C581D235EB2.jpeg
    703CA742-51AD-42B2-8C37-7C581D235EB2.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 38
Yeah it said no blood but they didn’t test for dna cause of the mix up in the skip.
I’m guessing it would have had dna on it though

Ah,thanks for that Kiki,I did go looking but I got distracted by a guardian article!
It is very odd with the fibres,I mean its possible that any blood trace was lost due to immersion in sea water(if it got into the sea and washed up,I'm not sure if it did?) But I am puzzled by the fibres to be honest

Those who live on Bute, I'd be grateful to know! Those steps that they'd have to have climbed look truly terrifying even in daylight on Google Earth. Are they that bad? Could well have been proper chopped back years ago but as soon as I saw them I hated to imagine how she felt going up there.

Those who live on Bute, I'd be grateful to know! Those steps that they'd have to have climbed look truly terrifying even in daylight on Google Earth. Are they that bad? Could well have been proper chopped back years ago but as soon as I saw them I hated to imagine how she felt going up there.
No doubt chosen for that reason.
I've looked at old photographs of the Hydro in it's heyday and it looks like it covered quite a large area.
Who owns the land?
There's a huge house in Gortans Rd; it's the last one before google has no access, wonder if that was once part of the Hydro estate?

You don't mean AC'house do you? Not sure of houses up that path, didnt want to look too close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge