UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know or maybe it has been discussed already, how did he get access to Alesha? Was he living in one of the other flats in the house?
This is pure guesswork, so I may be totally wrong, but I've got the impression he lived next door at no. 50. I'm just going by the pictures of the searches carried out.

I can't help you with how he accessed Alesha. I don't have a clue.

Just in case anyone else was as confused by the house numbers as I was (Alesha was staying at no. 53).:

AM3.JPG

000QDGCHBU000 | 53 Ardbeg Road Rothesay Isle Of Bute Argyll And Bute PA20 0NL (It takes a while to load the map).

No, no, you didn't read it properly
I never mentioned young lads? I said a young male. I was talking about an individual. And please don't insult my intelligence by making out I do not know what I am talking about and that a normal boy couldn't do such a thing. Some people cannot bear to think this could be the case. Yes sexual desires are all part of nature and normal, but it's when their desires are forced on another it's not normal. And normal people can do this.
They don't have to be mentally ill.
He wanted sex. So why didn't he get it from a girlfriend? ., cos maybe he didn't have one!
or why didn't he just ask one of his female friends for a quickie? Because he was desperate for it.. Because they would probably tell him to eff off!
Hence The desire to take/force sex without agreement has landed millions of males in prison and on death row.
The first thing lots of people say is oh he can't be normal to do such a thing
Well I believe they can be normal and still do such a crime.
I completely agree!

I don't know where you come from, but most of the males around here who can't get a girlfriend, or a friend with benefits, would most likely go to a professional if he really felt the need for a partner. I also know that those who aren't interested in children are "normally" more likely to rape a woman or girl close to him in age than a little 6 year old. I'm guessing that at least 95% of the guys I know would never have any desire to "have sex" with a child, and I would never allow the rest to be alone with a child if I could help it. In fact, I'd feel the same way about any of them that believed it was ever normal for a 16 year old to rape a 6 year old under any circumstances. MOO

The mother of Alesha MacPhail has spoken publicly for the first time .
She wrote: “I have finally built up the courage to write this. I would like to thank each and every single one of you on the Isle of Bute for doing everything you have done for my and Robert’s darling daughter.
“She will be looking down with that big massive glowing smile of hers and be so proud for everything everyone has and will continue to do for her. Myself, dad, grandparents and the rest of the people who loved our girl dearly, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Last night was beautiful I am sorry I could not attend. Thank you once again xx.”

Alesha MacPhail’s Mother Pays Tribute To ‘Darling’ Daughter Murdered On Isle Of Bute – Brainnews Radio

A couple of things people mentioned earlier, about the makeup of an individual such as this might be.

I would speculate that he might certainly be a paedophile, however that doesn't necessarily make them prone to do criminal activity such as rape and murder, but of course it makes them more likely to engage in other illegal activity, such as those online, and because of the stigma and the societal pressure of being attracted to children, they hide it which is probably quite a hard thing to come to terms with.

Being abused as a child, could be a contributing factor, other studies suggest that a paedophile's brain is wired differently to the rest of us, with a link between having more white matter than regular folks, it has also been suggested that it happens to people with somewhat lower IQs on average, and also a link with the length of certain digits in the hand, the index and ring finger, not sure if that is the length compared to each digit?, it's only what I've read, you can probably research it yourselves.

I would say it's easier to classify it as a mental health condition. My own views are quite strong however on this because children are innocent, there are many crimes some which are mind blowing even when adults are just involved. But to me children are no go area... which is why I don't have much sympathy for those who are like that.

I think it comes down to the psychology of the individual and how they see themselves, I can only imagine it must be like an extreme version of guilt, having done the sexual element of the crime, I would imagine they want to hide that crime from others but feel so disgusted with themselves, that in their mind the act of killing the child would diminish the sexual act and in way because they know it is them that is different, some kind of twisted way... to spare the child of having to grow up knowing they've been abused.

I'm not sure if a child killer would have the emotional responsibility / maturity to kill in order to diminish the sexual element of the crime, or wether or not that would make them a psychopath as well as a paedophile by just wanting to brazenly get away with it, which would obviously be a dangerous combo, in any case, either way ...acting on fantasies is obviously a line that should never be crossed.

Last edited:
Sorry, this is just dumb, IMO. Other countries allow the accused to be named and there is no problem getting justice.
The problem is that she broke the law in the country where she lives. If we think a law is unfair, it's best to worked to get the law changed; if we don't follow it because we don't agree with it, we should expect to be pay the penalty. It may not make sense, but unfortunately it's not our decision to make. MOO

It's simply because he's a minor himself, if his name was to get out, (although it already has) people could attack his family, the press could write nasty stories and so on, yes they could do that if he was 18 still, but the law is supposedly there to protect children, even the accused... which I think is the right thing to do.

It's simply because he's a minor himself, if his name was to get out, (although it already has) people could attack his family, the press could write nasty stories and so on, yes they could do that if he was 18 still, but the law is supposedly there to protect children, even the accused... which I think is the right thing to do.

I read a story that said it is anyone who is accused

Woman arrested for 'revealing ID' of teen charged with killing Alesha MacPhail

The problem is that she broke the law in the country where she lives. If we think a law is unfair, it's best to worked to get the law changed; if we don't follow it because we don't agree with it, we should expect to be pay the penalty. It may not make sense, but unfortunately it's not our decision to make. MOO

I understand how laws work. I was just saying I think it is a dumb law

It's more confusing than that. An adult charged with a crime may be named but not have their photo published (or be doxxed, obviously), from what I can tell. For example, there was a murder local to me over the weekend and the accused's names and ages were in the paper the next day. But that's all the info we'll get until it goes to court.

I often feel it would be better to not name ANY accused until they are found guilty, given how often people's lives are ruined by false accusations. Which, before the pitchforks come out, does not mean I am saying that this one is a false accusation - we just don't know yet, as the police are rightly not holding a trial by media but saving their evidence for the actual court trial.

But there have been plenty of cases where the media have whipped everyone up into a frenzy and it turns out the accused was completely innocent - remember Christopher Jefferies? Plenty of stories I've heard of false rape accusations too that even after being proven false have still ruined the reputation of the accused. So my feeling on serious crimes is that unless it's helpful for the police to name a suspect in hopes of getting information from potential witnesses, it would be better for the default to be not naming until found guilty, and then always name, no matter the age; if someone's old enough to commit a crime of this magnitude, they're old enough for the world to know how evil they are. Especially if they're 16+ in Scotland, which is legally an adult for many things anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88