UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all! I think he'll end up in a criminal court with the seriousness of this crime. I don't know if they'll still protect his rights to privacy though.

I've always seen asphyxia used in cases where the victim was not directly smothered via weight or strangulation, but was deprived of air via something like a bag over the head or tape over the nose and mouth.

Funeral of Alesha MacPhail

The six-year-old will be laid to rest in North Lanarkshire on Saturday at Coltswood Cemetery in Coatbridge.

A message posted online by the funeral directors said: "Alesha's family would welcome and be comforted by the attendance of anyone affected by this tragedy who wish to pay their final respects.

"We ask that the community show their support and help the family through this tragedy and through this very difficult day in their lives.

"Mum and Dad have requested that everyone wears something pink."

Mourners asked to wear pink at funeral of Alesha MacPhail

The youngest serial killer in England was named once he was arrested (age 16 - age 15 at time of first murder) James Fairweather. There are also episodes covering his crimes which show his police interviews.

I don't know. They ended up naming these two
The girl who killed her mother and sister

This is Scotland though, English and Scottish law differs remember. Those 2 cases happened in England.
Again, I’ll bring up the case of Bailey Gwynne and his 16 year old killer in Scotland. He could only be legally named on his 18th birthday.
Identity of Bailey Gwynne knife killer revealed

Impossible to say what his sentence would be if found guilty.

Does anyone have any idea of previous sentences for similar crimes?

Maybe I shouldn't ask, because I fear we'll all have apoplexy if we know :(

Yep, I just looked up average sentencing for Scotland

CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS IN SCOTLAND 2014-15

I presume these are for adult offenders, and being average sentence lengths I can only hope he'll get a longer sentence than the average due to Alesha's age. And I hope the sentencing per charge will be consecutive and not concurrent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member