UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think these small towns are all the same, too much trust in neighbours..

Yes, it can be that way.

But I wonder why they would still leave the key in the door overnight ?
I can, just about, see that they might do this during the day, with people coming and going ( I wouldn't but that's just me ) but seems a strange thing to do when it's gone midnight and everyone is at home. Still, I suppose habit is habit.

Slightly different wording here

CapitalScotland News‏ @CapitalScotNews 24m24 minutes ago

Alesha MacPhail’s dad admits he and his girlfriend used to sell drugs to the 16 year old accused of killing his daughter in Bute last July. Robert MacPhail told the court he put Alesha to bed that night with a Peppa Pig DVD and told her he’d see her in the morning

13:46

List of images shown to the court this morning

• Images of Alesha’s naked body. She was found face down in a wooded area

• Images of a kitchen knife

• Images of a several items of male clothing, including a pair of men’s boxer shorts, jogging bottoms and a hooded top, which were discovered near Alesha’s body

• Images of an inside-out pair of men’s grey jogging bottoms with a pair of men’s boxer shorts inside, which were found on a stretch of shoreline a short distance from the place where Alesha’s body was discovered

• Images from inside the accused’s kitchen

• Images of inside the stairwell leading up to the MacPhail’s third floor flat, showing a child’s pushchair and a doll

Dad of girl, 6, 'raped and murdered' describes last time he saw her

bbm

13:46

List of images shown to the court this morning

• Images of Alesha’s naked body. She was found face down in a wooded area

• Images of a kitchen knife

• Images of a several items of male clothing, including a pair of men’s boxer shorts, jogging bottoms and a hooded top, which were discovered near Alesha’s body

• Images of an inside-out pair of men’s grey jogging bottoms with a pair of men’s boxer shorts inside, which were found on a stretch of shoreline a short distance from the place where Alesha’s body was discovered

• Images from inside the accused’s kitchen

• Images of inside the stairwell leading up to the MacPhail’s third floor flat, showing a child’s pushchair and a doll

bbm

a pair of men’s boxer shorts, jogging bottoms and a hooded top, which were discovered near Alesha’s body

i
nside-out pair of men’s grey jogging bottoms with a pair of men’s boxer shorts inside, which were found on a stretch of shoreline a short distance from the place where Alesha’s body was discovered

So two different sets ?

editing this - it must be just the way it is being written - use of the word near implying right next to, when I think they have to mean the shoreline, which is several minutes away from the hotel grounds.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's trust though. It could have been an arrangement for people who knew he was dealing to go in?

Yes...I hadn’t thought about it that way, but isn’t it the grandparents home, unless they were fine with that arrangement I find it strange. But I agree leaving keys in doors wherever you live with a child in your care is irresponsible (not blaming anyone of course)

OT but will the dad be reprimanded for his casual admission in guilt to drug dealing?

Peter A Smith‏Verified account @PeterAdamSmith
Alesha MacPhail’s father, Robert, tells court that the accused had tried to contact him over Facebook during the night of Alesha’s disappearance (2 July) but they didn’t speak. Alesha’s father says he believes the accused was trying to contact him asking to buy cannabis. @itvnews

Alesha’s father says his parents wakened him on 2 July asking where Alesha was. They started searching and a message asking for information was posted on Facebook. As far as Alesha’s father knew, she should have been in her room in their flat. @itvnews

Alesha’s dad says he heard Alesha get up during night of 2 July. He got up, put her back to bed in her room, & put on a Peppa Pig DVD for her. He tells court he returned to bed with his girlfriend. Says he was never out of the house between then & being wakened in the morning.

a pair of men’s boxer shorts, jogging bottoms and a hooded top, which were discovered near Alesha’s body

i
nside-out pair of men’s grey jogging bottoms with a pair of men’s boxer shorts inside, which were found on a stretch of shoreline a short distance from the place where Alesha’s body was discovered

So two different sets ?

I think its badly written IMO, why would there be two different sets of clothes, of course I could be wrong!

What is a special defence of incrimination?
Ahead of their trial, the accused can lodge a special defence which will result in them being acquitted if it is accepted by the court.

These defences include self-defence (they were defending themselves from attack), alibi (they were somewhere else when the crime was committed) and mental disorder (the accused is not responsible for their actions because they were suffering from a psychiatric condition).

In this case, the accused has lodged a special defence of incrimination - meaning he has claimed that someone else (a woman called ****) was responsible for Alesha's death.

It will be for the jury to decide whether or not they accept this special defence after hearing the evidence in the case.

Alesha's father 'sold cannabis to accused'

14:21

Alesha's mum pictured arriving at court this morning
Alesha’s mum Georgina Lochrane was pictured arriving at the High Court in Glasgow this morning.

She left the courtroom when images of her daughter’s dead body were shown to the jury.

A 16-year-old boy is on trial charged with the six-year-old girl’s abduction, rape and murder.

The court is on break for lunch and will resume shortly.

0_First-Witnesses-Are-Called-In-The-Alesha-MacPhail-Murder-Trial.jpg

Alesha's mum arriving at court this morning (Image: Getty Images)

Georgina was pictured outside the High Court today (Image: Getty Images)

Alesha was in court today (Image: Getty Images)

Poor woman :(

Fraser Knight‏ @Fraser_Knight 3m3 minutes ago

The last conversation between Alesha MacPhail’s dad, Robert, and the boy accused of killing her was an argument over money owed for cannabis. The accused text Robert in February saying “Naw you hefty bumped me with that pollin” - he claims he only owed him £3.

So..... who wants to interpret that lol

bbm

14:30

Alesha's dad sold drugs to the accused, court hears
Alesha MacPhail’s dad Robert MacPhail, 26, sold cannabis to the teenager accused of killing her, a court has heard.

He told the High Court he had done ‘deals’ with the 16-year-old.

Mr MacPhail, who is unemployed, said he had last sold him the drug a few months before Alesha’s murder.

He said he stopped after the teenager’s mother told his partner, Toni McLachlan, to stop.

The court heard the deals usually took place at a bus shelter across from his own mother’s house in Ardbeg Road, where he then lived along with 18-year-old Ms McLachlan.

Alesha's dad Robert MacPhail told the court he sold drugs to the boy accused of murdering his daughter(Image: Getty Images)

bbm

So..... who wants to interpret that lol

bbm

Ok i’m From Edinburgh and this is more Glaswegian but basically...he failed to pay him for the cannabis. Hefty is slang for definitely in Scotland. Bumped in this context meaning maybe he felt he was given too little or the quality wasn’t to his taste. Who knows. He talks like a 16 year old ned tho, showing the immaturity of him tbh.

14:38

The accused claims Alesha's dad's girlfriend murdered the six-year-old

Alesha had been spending a summer break with her father and grandparents in the house they shared when she vanished.

Mr MacPhail said his relationship with Alesha’s mother Georgina Lochrane had broken down months after she was born.

He said he saw his daughter every second weekend and during the holidays.

Mr MacPhail said his daughter “loved” spending time on his home island, going to the beach and playing at the park.

Asked about Alesha’s relationship with Ms McLachlan, he said it was “great”.

“They both loved each other to bits,” he said.

The 16-year-old accused of Alesha’s murder has lodged a special defence blaming Ms McLachlan for her death.Alesha had been spending a summer break with her father and grandparents in the house they shared when she vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members