Found Safe UK - Amanda Jane Hull, 38, Ombersley, Worcester, 22 May 2021

Worried friends posted appeals for help in finding the "vulnerable" woman.

Her frantic mum, Carol, wrote on Facebook: "Amanda it's Mom, please come home. You won't be in trouble I love you so much, if your reading this please come home."

Posting a picture of Amanda's horse Sunny, she later added: "Amanda Sunny needs you, please come home."

She added: "Please help us find her. She is an extremely vulnerable girl with special needs this is not like Amanda."

Desperate search for missing woman, 38, who vanished after horse ride

A mum's heartbreaking messages to missing daughter, Amanda
12635686.jpg

MISSING: Amanda Jane Hull with mum Carol Hull

''Amanda Jane Hull's mum, Carol Hull, has posted a series of heartbreaking appeals to her missing daughter from the home they share in Ombersley.

Directly appealing to her daughter, she wrote on Facebook: "Amanda it’s Mom, please come home. You won’t be in trouble I love you so much, if you are reading this please come home."

Posting a picture of Amanda's horse Sunny, she later added: "Amanda Sunny needs you, please come home."

She further wrote: "Please help us find her. She is an extremely vulnerable girl with special needs this is not like Amanda."

Last night she praised police for their hard work and wrote: The Police are doing an amazing job.''

How is she vulnerable?? Do they mean she is operating on a childlike level?

The mother is quoted as saying: "She is an extremely vulnerable girl with special needs" (my italics)

If only that horse could talk...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210523-170441_Twitter-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210523-170441_Twitter-01.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 48
13:31SARAH PROBERT

Riding stables voice concerns

Amanda worked at Radley Riding Stables and would visit almost every day of the week to ride her horse.

Owner Teresa Bradshaw said: “Everyone is really worried because this is completely out of character for Mandy.

“She’s vulnerable and has never gone missing before.”

“She went to the field in Haye Lane and was due to bring the horse here,” Teresa said.

“I rang her phone when she didn’t turn up but got no answer so I presumed because the weather was so bad she’d changed her mind. But then her dad rang me later asking if Mandy was ready to be picked up and I told him she hadn’t come.”

It was then, she says, her parents contacted police.

Updates - search for missing woman after bag and purse found in field

Feels to me like she never left the field, maybe waited for the dad to drive away then got back off the horse and left? The fact that the horse was found in the field she was seen leaving from but she never got to the stables feels very off to me.
IMO JMO
ETA- I mean didnt leave the field on the horse.

Last edited:
Feels to me like she never left the field, maybe waited for the dad to drive away then got back off the horse and left? The fact that the horse was found in the field she was seen leaving from but she never got to the stables feels very off to me.
IMO JMO

That does sound like it, that she waited for father to go then turned back.

Bag was found 'stuffed under hedge'
A woman who knew Amanda really well has said her disappearance was "really odd".

"Her dad dropped her off at the field and watched as she prepared the horse and set off on the road towards the stables," the woman said.

"She had the rucksack on her back and her dad drove off.

"But when the alarm was raised everyone went back to the field and her horse was there and the rucksack was stuffed under a hedge."

Looking on google maps/street view it is mainly fields and there doesnt seem to be any cctv visible however there is also a few farm houses so hopefully some of them have cctv or some of the field owners have some (not sure how common that is I live in the city) and movements can be tracked. Seems the "perfect" place to go missing , so many placed she could have went/been taken without anyone seeing/hearing anything

I used to drive on the A449 fairly regularly although not this specific stretch as often, the road she has gone missing from is not a road I could see someone going down unless they have specific business on that road. It doesn't really offer a shortcut except for very local people.

Things I would note are that the River Severn is only a little over 1km away. I'd be surprised if you could walk up the A449 to Kidderminster or down to Worecester without being spotted if you stuck to the road. It's a 60 A-road with no pavement for large stretches and it's fairly uncommon to see someone walking along it. Droitwich Spa I could see her getting to potentially on foot without being seen by many.

Please let Amanda come home safely!

Random thoughts out loud.
  • The articles say she rides nearly everyday and it sounds like she rides in the same area. Could someone have been watching her?
  • She is described as vulnerable with special needs. Could someone have tricked her into leaving with them?
  • It sounds like she loves her horse Sunny. It's hard to imagine her leaving her horse on purpose.
  • Had she had any concerning online communications recently?
  • Had her mood been normal lately?
Come home safely Amanda. MOO

"Owner Teresa Bradshaw said: “Everyone is really worried because this is completely out of character for Mandy.

“She’s vulnerable and has never gone missing before.”

“She went to the field in Haye Lane and was due to bring the horse here,” Teresa said.

I rang her phone when she didn’t turn up but got no answer so I presumed because the weather was so bad she’d changed her mind. But then her dad rang me later asking if Mandy was ready to be picked up and I told him she hadn’t come.”

It was then, she says, her parents contacted police."

I'm wondering if the weather records I've found for Droitwich might not be exactly the right location, but they record "partly sunny" from 08:50am until 10:50am, and then "broken clouds" from 10:50am to 11:20am, and "scattered showers/partly sunny" from 11:50am to past midday.

Past Weather in Droitwich, England, United Kingdom — Yesterday or Further Back

So I wonder what time she had this thought and tried to call Amanda, and if the 9:00am was an expected time of arrival, or if it was a more informal arrangement. It does seem quite dedicated for a Saturday morning, as if it was as much responsibility as pleasure.

I've had a quick look around the immediate area on Google Maps and I noticed that the nearby fishing ponds have a notice which states that they have 24 hour surveillance on their premises. I would hope that the police have already checked whether the owners of the ponds do still have CCTV and whether Amanda or anything/anyone suspicious was sighted yesterday. My heart always sinks when I check the map and there's any sort of water nearby. I really hope Amanda is found safe and well.

Also, @Tortoise I'm wondering whether the "vulnerability" may account for the dedication in visiting the stables 6 days a week. It's perhaps part of Amanda's routine and explains why her not turning up was such an immediate concern for her family and friends.

I've had a quick look around the immediate area on Google Maps and I noticed that the nearby fishing ponds have a notice which states that they have 24 hour surveillance on their premises. I would hope that the police have already checked whether the owners of the ponds do still have CCTV and whether Amanda or anything/anyone suspicious was sighted yesterday. My heart always sinks when I check the map and there's any sort of water nearby. I really hope Amanda is found safe and well.

Also, @Tortoise I'm wondering whether the "vulnerability" may account for the dedication in visiting the stables 6 days a week. It's perhaps part of Amanda's routine and explains why her not turning up was such an immediate concern for her family and friends.
That sounds very plausible, but I'm not sure the alarm was raised immediately. It seems to have been her father checking to see if she was ready to be picked up that started the search, and if the owner thought her absence was because of bad weather that wouldn't have been until after about midday, if the records I've found are correct for that area. That's why I was wondering if it was maybe less structured, but I'm just trying to think of a reason she might not have wanted to go in that day and turned around, apart from third party interference.

AN APPEAL has been launched to find Amanda Hull who has gone missing from Ombersley.

The 38-year-old was last seen on Haye Lane in Ombersley at 9am yesterday (Saturday, May 22).

People are being urged to review any dash cam footage of the area.

Police carried out an extensive search of Droitwich’s Lido Park this morning after a reported sighting.

URGENT – Appeal to find Amanda Hull who has gone missing from Ombersley

That sounds very plausible, but I'm not sure the alarm was raised immediately. It seems to have been her father checking to see if she was ready to be picked up that started the search, and if the owner thought her absence was because of bad weather that wouldn't have been until after about midday, if the records I've found are correct for that area. That's why I was wondering if it was maybe less structured, but I'm just trying to think of a reason she might not have wanted to go in that day and turned around, apart from third party interference.

just wondering if that was the usual way contact was made to indicate Amanda was ready to go home. She had a phone so did she have the ability to use it to phone her dad or someone else or was dad expecting a phone call or message and did not receive it so phoned to check up.

She looks like such a lovely person. Oof I looked at her facebook and feel gutted for some reason. Did Amanda used to be in the Armed Forces? This pic from 2018 suggests so (unless I am misinterpreting it) Facebook Where has she gone?
I think it's likely just a frame she chose for Armastice Day/Rememberance Sunday, given the date.

I live not far from Ombersley and was telling my partner about the disappearance (he’s a weird one with no social media/online presence) and the first thing he said was “lots of fishing ponds round there, easy to access”.

fingers crossed this isn’t the case!

JMO

AN APPEAL has been launched to find Amanda Hull who has gone missing from Ombersley.

The 38-year-old was last seen on Haye Lane in Ombersley at 9am yesterday (Saturday, May 22).

People are being urged to review any dash cam footage of the area.

Police carried out an extensive search of Droitwich’s Lido Park this morning after a reported sighting.

URGENT – Appeal to find Amanda Hull who has gone missing from Ombersley

The park the police were searching is a fair walk away

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210523-214504_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210523-214504_Maps.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 21

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics