UK and Eire Forum

Am I missing something? It says that Pat (and her two children, also missing) lived in Salcombe, which is in Devon and considerably more than 40 minutes away from Brent :waitasec:

:blushing: I think I put something completely different in Google Maps and did not even notice. Will blame my recent lack of sleep! My bad! Let's just pretend I didn't post that :p

It is great to have that new site though.

This is a fabulous idea, the greater the reach of WS the better the chances are of connecting and solving cases!

Looks like we have as many supporters for a UK/Ireland thread as we're likely to get.

Fluttershy! Time to contact mods and make proposal!!

Looks like we have as many supporters for a UK/Ireland thread as we're likely to get.

Is there room for one more little one? ;)

Love this idea, please mods . . . pretty please . . . with bells on :please:

I would have included this sad item..
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8615152#post8615152"]Nurse duped by prankster regarding royal, found dead. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thank you Amber34, got my attention. Got a chance to read through the thread tonight, fascinating read.
The US has so many new cases every day that I find I get caught up in some of them and follow through. Then I get involved in something else, but since I discovered WS I consider it the most reliable source for information and discussion. Recently, the news from Anchorage brought me back. RIP Sam.
One forum I followed had a lovely Australian greet us early each morning. Another seemed to be going on round the clock. I love Websleuths, spent a long time 'lurking' before I joined. The posters are well informed and helpful and excellent at explaining how Courts and legal issues work etc. The date format still confuses me & having been on here I get mixed up.
Friday: 14.12.2012/ 12.14.2012.
I think the English language is the common denominator in what cases I could follow. UK/Ireland sounds good [not Eire from the coins, lol]. I have been following some sad UK stories recently while still keeping an eye on here.

I've spoken with Kimster, and she said that this thread has been noted by the WS team and we can expect an answer in the new year (which I suppose is now).

I hope we get one. A relative of mine has been missing from Ireland for years and I would love to open a thread about her case.

Yes, this is being discussed by management and administration. Please know that adding a new forum of this magnitude would take a lot of planning, but the idea isn't being ignored at all.

Galbin, you can still open a missing thread for your relative. We just need a link to a news story about them or a police case number. Either will suffice and that's what the rules would be in a new forum as well.

:cheers:

Yes!

We now have an international cases index section [ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=516] here![/ame]

With a UK thread [ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208623]here[/ame].

And an Ireland thread [ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208629]here.[/ame]

Thanks! A welcome development.

I must say it's well hidden though, I would never have found it. Bookmarked now.

Fluttershy! Time to contact mods and make proposal!!
I always thought you were British as well, Wfgodot, I suppose it was the poignant location you use 'A country road. A tree. Evening.' It always evoked a British countryside for me, in May or June. A velvet night, dusk. With a book, a brook, wine, good bread, cheese, or, as Harold Nicholson, a great writer, once said, or I badly paraphrase, 'good books, good food, good wine, good companions.' An elegant arabesque through the corridors of history?

I always thought you were British as well, Wfgodot, I suppose it was the poignant location you use 'A country road. A tree. Evening.' It always evoked a British countryside for me, in May or June. A velvet night, dusk. With a book, a brook, wine, good bread, cheese, or, as Harold Nicholson, a great writer, once said, or I badly paraphrase, 'good books, good food, good wine, good companions.' An elegant arabesque through the corridors of history?
Beckett's stage directions - first words that appear in "Waiting for Godot."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back