UK UK - Andrew Capon, 37, Skegness, Lincolnshire, 02 Oct 1998

Al Ka

Reaction score
Andrew Capon

98-001519_1_1_4c4739c1c895e096e07748e10b0754c0.jpg
98-001519_1_51383f9ea0acc5eb9b958866c063def9.jpg
Andrew-CaponJPG.jpg
180179_1576219769598_19507_n.jpg

Andrew Capon is 6 ft 2, has blonde hair, both ears pierced (five earrings in one ear and two in the other), numerous tattoos on both arms, chest and back, missing middle finger on left hand. At the time he went missing he was wearing a silver St Christopher pendant.

===
Andrew John Capon aged 37, a steelworker originally from Grantham but was living in Castle Bytham, was a father of three and had been married for 17 years when he went missing. He was 6'2 tall, stocky build, blonde hair, tattoos, and the middle finger missing on his left hand. In early Oct 1993 he went to close his caravan down for the season on the Water Leisure Park in Ingoldmells, close to Skegness, taking three friends with him.

They went out clubbing that night and Andrew left his wallet and passport in the caravan. An argument took place in the nightclub and the four men were thrown out around 1 am. CCTV shows Andrews friend at a cashpoint alone and then he got a taxi back to his hometown of Grantham. The other two men went back to the caravan, breaking a window to gain entry, they later returned home.

Andrew was last seen on CCTV on North Parade crossing the junction of Scarborough Avenue walking towards the clock tower around 1.16 am. The seafront and lakes were searched but nobody has reported sightings. Andrew's father sadly passed away less than two weeks after Andrew vanished.

Last edited:
Written in 2018

37585920_10212781252305916_8056969845381529600_n.jpg

Andrew Capon from Grantham was 37 yrs old when he went missing on 2 October 1998. He was staying at his caravan on Waterside Leisure Park in Ingoldmells, near Skegness for the night with a group of three work friends. They went out night clubbing and it is alleged the friends lost track of him towards the end of the night.

Andrew is 6ft 2in of heavy build with blue eyes, blonde hair, with his middle finger missing from left hand, both ears pierced and tattoos on each arm. He has not been seen since and has not been in contact with his family, which is completely out of character. There has also not been any activity on his bank account. He has connections to Scotland and Germany. Despite extensive searches including sniffer dogs, no trace of him has been found.

A note from TC (daughter)

“Lincolnshire Police did not take the initial missing report seriously. There were very significant time delays between releasing an appeal, collecting CCTV footage, searches and it was months before key persons of interest were questioned. It also took over a week before the lakes were searched and search dog deployed, thus losing the opportunity to obtain critical evidence.

My family were not updated regularly on progression of the investigation, leaving long periods without correspondence. In my opinion, a lot more should have been done, especially as the early conclusion was that he had passed away. Now the case is with a cold case team, unless any new evidence comes forward, nothing will be done to re-evaluate the initial enquiry.

I would like a new investigation into the mishandling and failings, including what steps can be put in place to prevent this happening again. I feel very let down and hurt that my father’s life and family were not considered and greatly perturbed it is now too late to offer any closure.”

Case Study - Andrew John Capon

Last edited:
Published 10 DEC 2017

'I can't move on until I know where he is' – daughter's heartache after her dad went missing 19 years ago

andrew-capon-3JPG.jpg

A daughter has told of her heartache of not knowing where her dad is after he went missing on a night out in Skegness 19 years ago.

Andrew Capon, then 37, had been out clubbing with a group of three friends – leaving behind his passport and wallet in his caravan, says his daughter Tessa. She was just 15-years-old when he disappeared in 1998 and says she “cannot move on without knowing”.
---
Andrew, who would be 56 now, had been living in Castle Bytham at the time, but is originally from Grantham.

The father of one son and two daughters, also has 11 grandchildren that he has never met.

She described her dad as 6 ft 2, blonde hair, both ears pierced, several tattoos, missing middle finger on left hand.
---
Tessa said: “He went with three friends to close our caravan down [in Skegness] and they went out clubbing that night. Dad's passport and wallet were left in the caravan.

“Police have CCTV of the lads falling out inside the nightclub and then you see dad and his friends get thrown out. “Dad and one friend walked off and you see dad’s friend stop at a cash machine and dad carry on walking. That was the last time he was seen.

“Police searched the seafront and lakes but there have never been sightings.

“His friends say they know nothing but none of them will reply to any of my messages.”

Daughter's heartache 19 years on from dad's disappearance

Last edited:
I really hope there's some news soon!! The family deserves some peace and answers.

Daughter of man who went missing in Skegness 24 years ago is 'living in limbo'

The daughter of a man who went missing in Skegness 24 years ago says that "every day repeats itself" as her search for him continues. Andrew Capon, from Grantham, was last seen on CCTV in the early hours of October 3, 1998, after a night out in Ingoldmells with three friends.

Tessa Capon, 39, launched a fresh appeal for sightings on what would have been her dad's 60th birthday on July 21 this year. Mr Capon was last seen in North Parade, in Skegness, at around 1am after becoming separated from his friends. Miss Capon said his friends have told her they "were too drunk to remember" what had happened.

No new info but some new pictures I think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back