UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/news/c...ith_links_to_sidcup_and_chislehurst_1_1393185

1196525442.jpg

Hi Just a quick line with an added incentive to say I have a 15,000 pounds reward for any information leading to Andrew's location, dead or alive

http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/news/c...ith_links_to_sidcup_and_chislehurst_1_1393185

''Their friend, Kent businessman Barry Ford, has decided to offer his sports car in a bid to find out what has happened to the teenager – who is now 18.

Mr Ford said: “In the very earliest stages I had hoped a reward scheme would assist, and to put a slight twist on this I have decided to offer my car as an incentive free of charge to anyone who can offer Kevin and Glen information which will determine Andrew’s location.''

If he was last seen at Kings Cross station then it does sound like he was picked up by someone. I think that he had probably arranged to meet someone there. The question is when and where did they first make contact. Also, I think I've read somewhere that he had relatives down there. Does anyone know if that is true?

Edit: It does appear that he has family there, and so now I wonder if he was on his way to them, but something happened.

http://www.bromleytimes.co.uk/news/...ith_links_to_sidcup_and_chislehurst_1_1393185

Also, below is a link to the Facebook page dedicated to his search.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/4949338604/

It surely cannot be so hard to find somone alive or dead with that kind of ear. One thing that puzzles me is why they did not mention the ear in the earliest reports of Andrew going missing. If he was hiding I guess he would need a hat well pulled down. If there was a body, it might be easy to identify. There is no body and no sighting of anyone with that kind of ear. That makes me wonder much more about kidnapping.

Something happened (maybe just a desire to do something different,) that made Andrew withdraw all or most of his money out of his bank account and take a SINGLE ticket to London - suggesting he either expected a lift back, planned to hitch hike (unlikely as the return was not that much more than the single,) or never to return. He took an play station but no charger. He used theplay station on the train. I have no idea if all that time ago you could message on them. I suppost you could forget it, but if you are going away for a while then you would take the charger for the play station. I think Andrew did intend to return, but maybe he had different ideas for getting back. If you are going out for more than a day and therefore have the possibility of it getting colder you take a coat. Again, I think from Andrew's dress he was planning to return.

The night before Andrew appears normal and he hides in a park and returns to change his uniform. If you are leaving home why put your school uniform in the washing? As far as we know he is alone on the train to London. The last sighting seems to be either at Kings Cross or in a pizza place later. Then NOTHING for a boy with a crenellated ear who is small enough to make you wonder why he is alone. On the train he plays with the play station. If you just go for the day you take that sort of thing to play on but don't bother about a charger because you do not expect to be able to charge it.

He makes the journey with no coat. £200. A small bag and an play station box. That makes it look like he was planning on not spending that long away.

His body is not in the Thames which is the obvious place for a London suicide. (it has been dredged for him.) NO sightings pan out for Goth concerts etc.

There are relatives in places nearby. If he was out of money I would imagine it would not be that hard for him to get them to help. He likes museums and those are dry and out of the rain and cold for the day at least.

So what made him run? (I can go for just a feeling of wanting to scream such as takes over many adolescents, and maybe for once to do something daring.) He even puts his school uniform in the washing basket.

I do not think he meant to go far or for long. I think he just wanted a day out.

And why given all the publicity did the man who went to the police station never resurface and why did a man go there in the first place and why did that man never reappear at least to explain what he thought he had to say?

People do not vanish into thin air, something happens to them. People are not abducted by aliens. Small boys in London alone are fairly noticeable in a way-when they are alone. If someone kidnaps them in a way they are less noticeable. I think personally he was taken at Kings Cross -but from then on there is no CCTV footage as I think the police did not collect it fast enough so it was all deleted. Boys that age also need food. Nobody has reported a small boy in a Goth T shirt with a crenellated ear buying any food. (Except maybe the pizza and I don't know where that report is.- Surely anyway a waiter or waitress would remember a boy alone that young -with a crenallated ear buying pizza and sitting to eat it?

Reported sightings - Pizza Hut- Oxford Street. Park in Streatham. Local train at Waterloo. South Wales and Birkenhead (nothing of all these confirmed but I am just thinking what direction is Andrew facing at Kings Cross and would this lead to transport to Oxford Street? Is Waterloo on the line to Streatham? What trains are local or were at that time from Waterloo?

I do think if Andrew could he would have contacted family by now.

Someone somewhere HAS to know something.

The man who refused to identify himself went to a police station (which was shut,) in Leominster. Leominster is in Herefordshire.) I cannot find the links now.

Just read a few comments on another site. Andrew is walking towards the taxis at Kings Cross (On the Video.) There was a suggestion he might have been going to see his grandmother.

It was pointed out that he refused the offer of a replacement for his mobile phone and that could maybe be because someone had given him another.

£200 and a day out -no rucksack or bag big enough for a change of clothes and so on. Was he meeting someone and thinking he was coming back from somewhere else, hence the single ticket he bought?

I don't know if he is alive, but I do think he was groomed.

Thinking about him putting his school uniform in the washing machine...If you were running away you might not bother, but if you were sure you were coming back, and also maybe did not want your parents to know where you went, then maybe you would put the uniform in the machine to make it look like you had been to school.

The man who tried to go to the police in Leicester did not ever give a statement as far as I know. I think you might try if you knew something and were involved or had been in a paedophile ring or similar, and could he have been prevented from going back or just never had another chance/felt it was too dangerous. I have never seen there were videos of that man? Bear in mind he did not give his name.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/7752378.stm

Wouldn't police have CCTV at the entrance to a station?

There is something I do not get about all of this. Andrew's ear. Why would police think they may never identify a body with such a distinctive ear? Why was the ear not made anything of earlier than it was? ( Maybe so as not to scare Andrew or a predator?) Do any of the sightings include a person with an ear like Andrew's?

Given nobody has any idea any one else have any other thoughts or theories?

Just read a few comments on another site. Andrew is walking towards the taxis at Kings Cross (On the Video.) There was a suggestion he might have been going to see his grandmother.

It was pointed out that he refused the offer of a replacement for his mobile phone and that could maybe be because someone had given him another.

£200 and a day out -no rucksack or bag big enough for a change of clothes and so on. Was he meeting someone and thinking he was coming back from somewhere else, hence the single ticket he bought?

I don't know if he is alive, but I do think he was groomed.

Thinking about him putting his school uniform in the washing machine...If you were running away you might not bother, but if you were sure you were coming back, and also maybe did not want your parents to know where you went, then maybe you would put the uniform in the machine to make it look like you had been to school.

The man who tried to go to the police in Leicester did not ever give a statement as far as I know. I think you might try if you knew something and were involved or had been in a paedophile ring or similar, and could he have been prevented from going back or just never had another chance/felt it was too dangerous. I have never seen there were videos of that man? Bear in mind he did not give his name.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/7752378.stm

Wouldn't police have CCTV at the entrance to a station?

There is something I do not get about all of this. Andrew's ear. Why would police think they may never identify a body with such a distinctive ear? Why was the ear not made anything of earlier than it was? ( Maybe so as not to scare Andrew or a predator?) Do any of the sightings include a person with an ear like Andrew's?

Given nobody has any idea any one else have any other thoughts or theories?

BBM

do you have a link to that video?

i have never heard of Andrew until reading it on here,i only live in Scotland and not the other side of the world so you think it would have at least been on the news or anything around here.i have read newspapers everyday for the last 10years and i don't remember anything.

I cannot tell you why but his face is so familiar and I can't put my finger on it.

I've got a feeling he is still alive,I just think that if any bodies had been found and not identified the double ridge on his ear would be easily recognizable.

Maybe for some reason he doesn't know anyone is looking for him and could think he has been forgotten about.

The other senario I thought of was meeting someone online and he had arranged to meet them in London but whoever he had thought he was meeting turned out to be some sort of paedo creep but if no traces of anything have been found on the family computer I'm stumped.

Wish there was something here in the uk similar to the us that we would check out rso's in the area.I'm sure I seen a site that named and shamed but obviously can't go by that those accounts are reliable and correct.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

i just got accepted to the facebook page,does his dad know we have a thread for andrew over here.maybe he could join up

i just got accepted to the facebook page,does his dad know we have a thread for andrew over here.maybe he could join up

Hi Josie

Kevin's dad has been pretty proactive in searching for his son and I think he is a member here or has been here. He has been on various programmes for the missing lately and sent flyers to every school in the UK etc. I am not sure how much will have got to Scotland but you will find a lot of info if you scroll down the facebook page. Kevin's dad has a link there to his blog as well.

Hi Josie

Kevin's dad has been pretty proactive in searching for his son and I think he is a member here or has been here. He has been on various programmes for the missing lately and sent flyers to every school in the UK etc. I am not sure how much will have got to Scotland but you will find a lot of info if you scroll down the facebook page. Kevin's dad has a link there to his blog as well.

I'll drop him a message and see if he wants to join us,a few new sets of eye might be helpful.

I still can't place how or where I recognize the photo progression photo from.it is so annoying.

Hi all
great to see activity on Andrew Gosdens story.
Can I jump in for one second,
regarding his ear, he seemed to have longish hair, maybe he was conscious of the double ridge and hid it purposely?
Also, hopefully nothing harmful ever happened to Andrew but, if the worst did and a body was not found for a while, the condition of the body would obviously make identification more problematical.

A long time ago, when Andrew went missing, I was interested in the story, I did find out that a band called 30 seconds to mars were playing in london at the Carling Brixton Academy that night, I have searched online for photos of him but nothing ever turned up.
The band had an afternoon show for a radio station in london (Maida Vale) that day and I found some photos from that also, but again nothing.

As far as I remember the Brixton academy was usually an 18 plus age group, I always wondered if he had gone to try and see the band and maybe tried to buy a ticket outside the venue but couldnt get in because of his age, Brixton is a pretty rough area for a young boy at night.
I did pass the information on at the time through someone who knew the family.

Hi all
great to see activity on Andrew Gosdens story.
Can I jump in for one second,
regarding his ear, he seemed to have longish hair, maybe he was conscious of the double ridge and hid it purposely?
Also, hopefully nothing harmful ever happened to Andrew but, if the worst did and a body was not found for a while, the condition of the body would obviously make identification more problematical.

A long time ago, when Andrew went missing, I was interested in the story, I did find out that a band called 30 seconds to mars were playing in london at the Carling Brixton Academy that night, I have searched online for photos of him but nothing ever turned up.
The band had an afternoon show for a radio station in london (Maida Vale) that day and I found some photos from that also, but again nothing.

As far as I remember the Brixton academy was usually an 18 plus age group, I always wondered if he had gone to try and see the band and maybe tried to buy a ticket outside the venue but couldnt get in because of his age, Brixton is a pretty rough area for a young boy at night.
I did pass the information on at the time through someone who knew the family.

I love that band,one one of their songs are really special to me.anyway I'm going to have a look around later to see if there are any photos of that gig still around or the area back then.

It's just so worrying that everything was normal and then he decides to ditch school and go off to London.had he ever ditched school before?

I ditched school a few times when I was between 14 and 16 but it was just to hang around the local area or in a friends house.so I can see that part being normal for a teenager but not going so far from home.

I love that band,one one of their songs are really special to me.anyway I'm going to have a look around later to see if there are any photos of that gig still around or the area back then.

It's just so worrying that everything was normal and then he decides to ditch school and go off to London.had he ever ditched school before?

I ditched school a few times when I was between 14 and 16 but it was just to hang around the local area or in a friends house.so I can see that part being normal for a teenager but not going so far from home.

From what I remember, Andrew was a gifted student, he seemed to be an intelligent lad.
None of it adds up, I know he had a Grandmother that lived in london, but it still wouldnt answer why he only bought a one way ticket, apparently the person in the ticket office said it was a better deal to buy return, but he didnt want to.

So, the question is why?
why go out with very little in the way of clothing and provisions, why only one way ticket? He had to have a reason for that, in that he wasnt coming back by train no matter what.
Was he meeting someone and he had arranged that, wss he thinking he was getting a lift back?

I'm not totally sure, but, I think I read that there were some people (fans) of 30 seconds to Mars that ran a kind of group or club that did community work, something like helpping the poor of something like that, maybe he was thinking he would go and do that for a while?

The other thing I never checked and only just thought of, was where did that 30 Seconds tour go next, was it coming back north?

London is crawling with CCTV, why is he never again caught on CCTV after being at the train station?? I think the answer is that as he comes out the station he turns right and this is where the taxi rank is, I know this station well. I believe he got a cab and then something happened....either a dodgy taxi driver or the driver took him somewhere and something happened. As he comes out the doors and turns right, he's looking confident like he knows what hes doing...he doesnt look lost.

Wasn't some of the CCTV overwritten by the time the Police had discovered he had caught the train to London ? He definately doesn't look lost as Romany Star says. I think the taxi rank was his destination and therefore could be out of the area for any other CCTV to pick him up.
2 scenarios IMO, either he thought he would get a lift back from probably replying to an add re. a Band or he was groomed, but how ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh