UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Unresolved...drew_gosden_a_theory_no_one_has_talked_about/

Has anyone seen this new theory on Reddit? The individual that the original post points out doesn't seem to be Andrew, but there are a few others highlighted that could be. It's a good possibility.

Yes I've seen this and I think it was a brilliant idea, there could be a piece of footage out there that would help solve this case. I still find it incredible to believe there was no cctv footage known of after he left the station.

reading this thread makes me believe he ran away and might have met someone. just because the family does not had a computer at home does not mean he had no way to access the internet. the boy seemed to be very bright, so he probably just used school computers (how were the policies using them in the UK back then?) or he owned secretly a cheap, used laptop, using public/open wifi in his neighbourhood.

i think it's 50/50 that he is still alive. after that much time it's hard to tell. to be honest, this case is so cold, it might never be solved other than andrew or his killer stepping forward.

hi

found this image on the reddit discussion - look in the back row

also this link on you tube

https://youtu.be/kqmWFKua56E

not sure what to think

Nope, not him.

There's a resemblance in THAT pic but if you watch the video there's some closer shots of that guy in the back (e.g. @ 3:33). His hair is darker & longer than Andrew's.

hi,

thank you for that - I was not sure I agree the shot at 3.33 is quite better - maybe on day someone will find an image that will lead somewhere

hi,

thank you for that - I was not sure I agree the shot at 3.33 is quite better - maybe on day someone will find an image that will lead somewhere

No worries. It would've been a useful lead, as we have no idea of Andrew's movements after he left the station. Personally, I believe he was picked up by his abductor shortly after. Sadly, I don't think Andrew is still alive.

How was it known that he had walked home from school a couple of times before his disappearance instead of getting the bus?

Andrews father Kevin has today posted about his fundraising for Missing People UK that they are working on an interview for the Daily Mirror.
He and his daughter Charlotte are currently being interviewed for an "American Podcast"

Hopefully will bring some new eyes to Andrews disappearance.

Someone has to know something...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I think most (sadly) believe Andrew is no longer with us. If he had joined some cult then surely there would have been some sighting in the ten years since he vanished. He would have at the very least needed eye tests (his prescription was quite strong apparently). Yet in the ten years since he vanished there hasn't been a single confirmed sighting.

Plus we'd have to believe that a kid who left a note when going the corner shop so nobody worried had all of a sudden decided to leave his family in utter hell for a decade.

I'd absolutely love to be proved wrong and have it turn out that Andrew is alive and well someone but I just don't see it. His family seem absolutely lovely and he himself seemed like a very thoughtful and caring boy. I just don't think he would leave his family in such never ending pain.

I have to disagree and say I believe Andrew did leave and he knew he wouldn't be returning. He purposely bought a one-way train ticket despite a return being cheaper. I think even if he thought he was coming back but by another form of transport be would still by the cheaper ticket. This sends a message... imo.

Lots of people walk away from their lives with no intentions to return. First time for everything.

I have to disagree and say I believe Andrew did leave and he knew he wouldn't be returning. He purposely bought a one-way train ticket despite a return being cheaper. I think even if he thought he was coming back but by another form of transport be would still by the cheaper ticket. This sends a message... imo.

Lots of people walk away from their lives with no intentions to return. First time for everything.

The return ticket wasn't cheaper. It was 'only' a few £ more.

I have to disagree and say I believe Andrew did leave and he knew he wouldn't be returning. He purposely bought a one-way train ticket despite a return being cheaper. I think even if he thought he was coming back but by another form of transport be would still by the cheaper ticket. This sends a message... imo. Lots of people walk away from their lives with no intentions to return. First time for everything.
If he walked away willingly or to begin a new life, why not take all of the money he had access to? What would be the point of taking off to start a new life miles away from home at 14 and leave behind the cash in his bedroom? You'd need everything you can get.

In my opinion the return ticket thing is a red herring. He was 14 and traveling alone to somewhere miles away, and probably wasn't even aware of how a return ticket works. He had an idea in his head of what to do, where to go and was probably nervous also, so figuring out what the ticket seller was saying and having the concept of a return ticket dropped on him would maybe be too much of a hassle to deal with in his mind. Lots of people with social anxiety for example would also refuse the return ticket despite having intentions of making a return journey.

If he walked away willingly or to begin a new life, why not take all of the money he had access to? What would be the point of taking off to start a new life miles away from home at 14 and leave behind the cash in his bedroom? You'd need everything you can get.

In my opinion the return ticket thing is a red herring. He was 14 and traveling alone to somewhere miles away, and probably wasn't even aware of how a return ticket works. He had an idea in his head of what to do, where to go and was probably nervous also, so figuring out what the ticket seller was saying and having the concept of a return ticket dropped on him would maybe be too much of a hassle to deal with in his mind. Lots of people with social anxiety for example would also refuse the return ticket despite having intentions of making a return journey.

I always feel there's too much importance placed on him not buying a return ticket too.

In the panorama interview his dad did he said he assumed he had only got the one way ticket because he planned to go to the family he has there after he'd done whatever he went to London to do.

He apparently has quite a lot of family in London. Maybe whoever he was meeting, if he was meeting someone said they'd take him home or he planned to get the bus or knew he'd be in a different area of London and going home from a different station would be easier. Maybe as his dad said he planned to go to the family he had there and didn't think that far ahead. Or maybe the return offered didn't fit in with his plans. Most returns come with restrictions on when you can travel back. Open ended returns are usually more expensive.

There's so many reasons why he wouldn't have got the return. But he didn't take all the money he had. He didn't so much as take a coat or extra clothes. That doesn't seem to me like someone setting off to make a new life.

And even if he had taken them, he was 14 year old, looked younger. And by all accounts wasn't very street smart. He would very very quickly have realised that he was out of his depth and called home or gone to the relatives he had in London.

I do not think this. My impression is Andrew''s dad reacted to the stress of an inadequate police response at the time and the sheer pressure of not knowing what happened to a dear son.

Just a thought. Buying a single ticket means you have a lot less available a's spending money if you do have to get a ticket back.

Although Andrew wasn't 'street smart', he was still a bright kid and would be well aware of stranger danger. It's possible that someone groomed him over the net and gained his trust, but I'm still leaning towards a relative or a friend of the family luring him to London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member