Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MsMiniSleuth, Sep 18, 2021.

1. AcbMurders

AcbMurders Well-Known Member

Nothing about Antonino on Chi l’ha visto tonight :( But if the BBC have reported the news, some UK newspapers will too, I hope

2. AcbMurders

AcbMurders Well-Known Member

Brief appeal also on the late BBC London TV news BBC iPlayer - BBC London - Late News: 06/10/2021 Better late than never, as they say.

Could someone please check if the earlier evening news mentioned Antonino as well? My wi-fi is playing up and I can only stream the short, late news

3. patsolagr

patsolagr Member

4. Jenesaisquoi

Jenesaisquoi Well-Known Member

The met appeal also tells you the time that the image was taken.

5. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

He's not carrying any luggage, so it must be Bow Road.

6. catchingdelivery

catchingdelivery Well-Known Member

In my mind I was imagining if someone felt so unwell they were about to be sick any minute, that they'd be hunched over a little bit, or holding their mouth or stomach but I can't really tell anything from the body language in those CCTV photos

7. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or are those shoes not orange, in fact?

8. JuicyLucy

And those are steps, not an escalator, right? I was unsure for a minute, because of the parallel line pattern that looked a bit like escalator treads, but I think they're a photographic artefact as they're on his shoes and trousers too.

So that means he's rushing up a flight of stairs, taking the steps two at a time if you look at his foot placement. Even at his age, and assuming a good level of general fitness, I would have thought most people would struggle to do that while acutely unwell.

I certainly think it blows the appendicitis theory. People with appendicitis can't bear anything that jiggles or bounces their abdomen.

JMO

9. Gia86

Gia86 Member

10. catchingdelivery

catchingdelivery Well-Known Member

The trainers are a strange colour. There's a better photo on the link above, taken at a different time

11. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

If you want to vomit you would run to get away to vomit outside. Ditto if you feel diarrhorea about to erupt too.

12. JuicyLucy

These ones? Yes, perhaps they're the same as you can just see the swoosh logo even though the whole appearance is much darker. They look totally different in CCTV and also aren't really what I imagined by 'orange'. 'Butterscotch' might be a better description.

[​IMG]

13. Officer Dibble

Yes. If you take the left fork in the road into Tidworth road and keep going you end up at a dead end (just past Wellington Way). There are CCTV cameras on the buildings at the bottom of Tidworth road. I posted google map links to where I suggest they look/search. Note the CCTV too. I think he potentially hopped over the wall into the Cemetery Park. Its a quiet corner of the park. The park is very overgrown. Equally there are so many businesses in the arches of the railway with single doors and bigger doors. Could he have nipped in and a door shut behind him. I also asked this early on. I will try and link the maps links again here. Each link looks the same but click on them and they open to different views. Edited to say if you took the right fork some interesting places you could have gone there.

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

14. Whitehall 1212

Whitehall 1212 Verified Law Enforcement and SAR (UK)

I have to point out that the notion of British police not considering missing men as a priority is totally incorrect. So is the oft repeated belief that one has to be 'missing' for 24 hours before the police will take a report from a concerned party.

All persons reported missing are now the subject of Risk of Harm Assessment using all that is known about the subject and the circumstances surrounding their disappearance. The police response is dependant on the outcome of the assessment. New information will result in a re-assessment of the risk.

15. Officer Dibble

16. Officer Dibble

Thank you for clarifying that. That makes me a lot happier to know that. It's strange because @Angleterre (also Verified Law Enforcement) agreed with me in one of the posts. I'm having trouble linking the names successfully the past few weeks so not sure if Angleterre will read this or not.

ChiCubs2016, V347, jackal67 and 2 others like this.
  17. Officer Dibble

My second reply to you. Can I ask where you think he might have gone after turning into Mornington Grove? I know you don't have a crystal ball but your experience and your SAR too might give you some intuition or some places to consider?

18. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

He doesn't look particularly unwell or struggling in the photos.

I'm starting to wonder if it was a planned disappearance?

Leave the luggage with his friend on the platform, and off he goes.....

I think the MET police will have to start wading through some more CCTV to try to follow where he went.

If the trail goes cold, then perhaps he got into a car or taxi?

There have been no reports of a body being discovered, which also leads me to think planned disappearance and not a homicide or suicide.

19. Timbuktu66

Timbuktu66 Member

20. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

Because it's expensive to buy, so it's easier to rob people for it at a petrol station and drive off, having just filled the tank on your motorbike for free....
    the motorbikes which probably have fake registrations numbers too.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021