Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MsMiniSleuth, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

Exactly this. It doesn't make sense. Or were they doing a moonlight flit? I wonder if it was planned to leave their home or they HAD to leave quickly? It all went wrong when AC left the train (either to visit someone for something for himself and his travelling companion or because AC wanted to escape from his travelling companion). The small amount of baggage and big effort in moving home via The Tube (Underground) after two years of living is something to bear in mind as 'strange'. JMO MOO

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021

2. Officer Dibble

JMO MOO

Erm...I'm confused. We already discussed this at length didn't we? Is this a new updated version? I'm genuinely confused.

3. Officer Dibble

Excellent

Marg from Oz and StillDiggin like this.
  4. Officer Dibble

good points! He is also 6 foot tall so can take big strides to get up stairs.

5. SaintGertrude

SaintGertrude Well-Known Member

Do police usually ask members of the public to dial 999 urgently if they see a missing person.

6. Whitehall 1212

Whitehall 1212 Verified Law Enforcement and SAR (UK)

I find that choice of words unusual and yet possibly measured.....hmmm interesting :cool:

7. AcbMurders

AcbMurders Well-Known Member

It’s the 2nd CHLV clip I’m currently translating following MiniSleuth request. Broadcast of 29th Sept. The first one was on 22nd Sept, live from Positano with AC’s mum making the appeal

8. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy Well-Known Member

It's not uncommon in missing person appeals but it implies urgency and a perception of vulnerability, which is a new development in Antonino's case, so it's significant in that sense. It's more common in appeals for children, or people with dementia, learning difficulties or significant medical conditions.

His absence ticked over the three-week mark yesterday, so that might have trigggered a reclassification of urgency automatically, or it may be that new information has changed things.

9. catchingdelivery

catchingdelivery Well-Known Member

I agree. The wording is also used when the person isn't just missing, following a new development in other ways. Hoping Antonino is found safe and well soon

10. JuicyLucy

Now that I've mentioned medical conditions, it occurs to me to wonder how he's doing without his asthma medication (assuming he is without it).

Urgent missing appeals on medical grounds would generally be for people with conditions that need regular, timely medication, e.g. diabetes, and who will potentially suffer dire consequences without it. Asthma wouldn't usually fall into that category, but depending on his medication regime it may be that after three weeks he's at high risk of a serious wheezing exacerbation, especially if wherever he's staying is an environment that's bad for his triggers.

I know that hospitals were checked when he first went missing, but I wonder if now would be a good time to check them again.

11. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

We don't know he had asthma at all. And if he had, whether this was sudden adult onset or he was a long time sufferer.

This only came from the Chi l’ha visto programme and I believe hasn't been mentioned by the police or elsewhere. If he had had asthma and was sufficiently bad to be taken to hospital, I feel that this would have been stated by the police and would possibly rank up the seriousness.

Suffering a breathing difficulty episode - if indeed he had - could be caused by many things unrelated to asthma.

12. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

If he had an inhaler or any other medications, he would probably have been carrying them in the backpack.

13. AcbMurders

AcbMurders Well-Known Member

AC’s mother’s words, when speaking live on Chi l’ha visto 22/9/21, were:

Antonino has allergies, he's asthmatic and he goes through phases when his asthma flares up. Antonino had left his inhaler at home, they were on the tube and he had an asthma attack, so they got worried, they called an ambulance and he was taken to hospital where he received treatment straight away and he was fine, as I spoke to him afterwards...”

14. Officer Dibble

Ah thanks for clarifying! Well done.

15. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

So, all the more reason he would take care to have his inhaler on him for subsequent journeys.

16. JuicyLucy

I didn't think what I said was controversial at all!

As @AcbMurders has helpfully confirmed, AC definitely has allergies and asthma. The popular image of asthmatics is of them using reliever inhalers as needed, which they may well carry with them. But people with medium to severe asthma mostly take daily preventer medication instead/as well, which comes in a variety of formulations, and which they wouldn't normally carry with them as it tends to be taken at home morning or evening, or both. (Acknowledging that they were supposedly moving house and AC may well have had prescription drugs with him that he wouldn't normally carry around on a daily basis.) Very severe or brittle asthma often requires a small home pharmacy and would be unlikely to fit in a small backpack (not that I necessarily think this applies to AC, just to clarify, before anyone bites my head off).

Anyway, I just wonder whether/how he's coping, that's all. Concern, y'know. :rolleyes: And if he's not, there may come a point where he ends up in A&E or a UCC, of which there a few in the area. So if I were engaged in searching for him, I would try those places again.

JMO

17. patsolagr

patsolagr Member

Slightly off topic, but maybe worth mentioning : has anyone else noticed how high out of his left pocket his phone is?
    If that is his phone that is. But I do recall him having a white phone from a couple of selfies.

[​IMG]

AcbMurders and Marg from Oz like this.
  18. Whitehall 1212

That's not his phone. It's the metal bracket on the exit gate that holds the glass in place. See how it is replicated around the inside edges.

See the gate on the far lower right corner on the photo....Bow Road Station ticket office.

I noticed it earlier and did a double take too. Particularly as AC's hand seems to be on his upper left thigh in the two images climbing the stairs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    elliefant, jackal67, V347 and 6 others like this.
  19. patsolagr

patsolagr Member

Now that's what I call attention to detail!

20. Whitehall 1212

Some would say it's a rather tiresome trait. They're probably right :rolleyes:;)