Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MsMiniSleuth, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Gia86

Gia86 Member

I just saw Chi l'ha visto. Now we know that the cctv shows AC already throwing up when he was coming out from the tube station. (The friend who was waiting for him at the platform explained that he saw the cctv and he saw that Antonino was already vomiting). Why didn't he go back to the tube platform? Did he get embarrassed about people watching him throw up?
    Everyone is different but I wouldn't care to throw up in the middle of the street or outside a station if I was feeling sick and especially in London...who cares if people stare at me or what people think.

2. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

I'm not aware of this one?

3. Officer Dibble

Oh so its now moved from 20 mins waiting on the platform to 25-30 minutes confirmed?

I like your brackets saying (or so Ciro thinks). JMO MOO

4. Officer Dibble

I can't bear anyone seeing me vomit. I had to do it in private. I also cannot stand it and will try everything not to vomit, even if I feel dreadful for longer than necessary. We are all different with these things. JMO MOO

5. Officer Dibble

Can I see Chi l'ha visto from the UK somehow? Do you or @AcbMurders know ? Thanks.

Marg from Oz and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  6. AcbMurders

AcbMurders Well-Known Member

You can with a VPN app, but the programme will be available on the Rai website in a couple of days

Officer Dibble and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  7. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

• So we know AC was nauseous and did vomit outside the station.
    • Then looks back 'as if he’s embarrassed' - or to check his friend saw him and/or wasn't following him?
    • Before turns right and vanishes.

Now more than ever I hold to my first instinct that his disappearance was intentional. Several options I can think of why. But the lack of police appeals and media notice kind of intimate that this is not a case being given priority.

8. Gia86

Gia86 Member

U can watch chi l'ha visto through this link on a Wednesday starting at 9.20 PM (please note that In Italy they are one hour ahead of us): "Rai 3 HD Diretta Streaming Estero - WebTvHD" Rai 3 HD Diretta Streaming Estero

9. Gia86

Gia86 Member

I AGREE!

10. AcbMurders

Why hasn’t he been give priority?

Just a wild guess, but could he have been feeling sick suddenly because there was someone on the tube that spooked him out, eg someone he was afraid of and running away from?

If not, was he sick because of a massive hangover. If so, Ciro would surely know about it, even though it does not explain his disappearance afterwards

11. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

@AcbMurders because police don't see it as a case where he is maybe mentally unwell or suicidal, or they have intel that suggests he is okay but doesn't want to be found.

I don't know for sure, just going by what I see coming forward from them in other missing cases and what is absent here.

12. Gia86

Gia86 Member

Do you remember Davide Luongo? He disappeared and after 2 years he was found still in London. 2 years without any news. I am not saying this is the case obviously but so many things could have happened. What annoys me is that people won't open their mind to other options. Many don't show their emotions and feelings, they might be going through a bad time in their life keeping it private and nobody would know, they might be overwhelmed and this is the only solution they think they've got.

13. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy Well-Known Member

SBM

Thanks for this update @AcbMurders.

I feel like this is a bit of a gamechanger. We've been speculating that he left the immediate station area because he was looking for a toilet or somewhere private to be sick, but we now know that actually he was sick involuntarily almost immediately he got to the street.

Now, in my experience, being sick either leaves you feeling better (usually if you ate something bad) or much worse. If it helped, and he felt some relief, I'd expect him to go back to his friend, perhaps after a bit of a pause to regroup or a detour to the news kiosk for a bottle of water. If he felt more dire still, then tbh I'd expect him to stay pretty much put. In his shoes, I'd be keeping as still as possible, because movement would make it more likely I'd be sick again, and because if I was feeling that bad I'd appreciate some help, which I'd expect to find more easily at a station, especially knowing my friend was near at hand and would come eventually, than randomly on the street.

But he doesn't do either of those things. He turns right and keeps moving, we don't know where to. I've never really thought this was a voluntary disappearance, and the fact he's seen on CCTV vomiting (i.e. not a 'ruse') seems to corroborate that, but I feel that the decision to leave the station area is an odd one.

I have new questions, some for sleuthers, some for friends/family, some probably rhetorical:
    • Is Bow Road station manned? Ticket office? Someone on the barriers? Was help at hand if he had sought it and if so why didn't he?
    • If we look at google streetview, where's the first place he would have found a bench or similar?
    • Has anyone asked at the news kiosk if they remember him? Did he ask for help there?
    • Have the appeal posters mentioned this? Probably not (yet) but imo they should. I mostly wouldn't notice the faces of people on the street but if I saw someone vomiting I'd notice and remember that. This information might jog memories about what happened next. It was 1pm! There must have been other people about.
    • What happened in the morning before all of this, and the night before? Food? Drink? <modsnip: Removed negative speculation on victim>? Who else was there and did anybody else get ill?
    • Probably a stupid question, but if the CCTV showed where he vomited, did the police gather a sample for analysis?

I thought something would have been found before this tbh. My best guess right now would be along the lines of a bad samaritan - that someone who saw he was ill (or assumed he was drunk) offered to help and led him away to rob or assault him. But you would still think he would have been found by now, if so.

Has anyone else got any new ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2021
  14. AcbMurders

Also, tonight it’s emerged that Antonino and Ciro have always lived together in London, whereas last week they said that the friend didn’t know his way around and relied on Antonino.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2021
  15. SaintGertrude

SaintGertrude Former Member

I think more needs to be looked at by the canal path I mentioned previously. He may have taken a walk to clear his head and not in the direction he initially turned. A body could stay submerged as it did with missing Anthony Knott in Lewes. I cannot remember the exact time it look for him to surface but recollection is 20 days. It all depends on a number of conditions as to how long a person drowned may sink under the water including weather conditions, the heat of the river and tides.

16. JuicyLucy

Yes, 20 December to 10 January. A tidal river in December is a bit different from a canal in September, but how bodies behave in water can be unpredictable. It's definitely worth considering. What/where is the canal you mentioned @SaintGertrude?

17. Officer Dibble

I also now switch to intentionally going missing. Before I thought he was stuck somewhere. It was a ruse to get away. But from what and why? His friend might well known the answer. JMO MOO

Edited to ask didn't you find some footage on CCTV of possibly him walking further up road ?

18. Officer Dibble

This is now making the picture clearer in my mind. I've switched to he went missing on purpose. For what reasons? Was his friend in on the situation/plan or not? Someone shared CCTV footage of possibly him walking further up the road a bit later on. Can we look at those again? JMO MOO

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  19. infinit

infinit Well-Known Member

Perhaps not relevant, but thought I'd mention is as not seen it in the thread. Nausea and Vomiting can also be a symptom of severe anxiety/a panic attack. It's something I've personally experienced when feeling suicidal. That being said, nothing else I really see points that way.

20. JuicyLucy

I'm really surprised so many people now think this is a voluntary disappearance when, to me, the fact he was seen vomiting on CCTV acts as further evidence that claiming to feel ill was true, not an excuse or a ruse. Would anyone like to explain their reasoning? Do people think he deliberately made himself vomit? Pretended to vomit? And if so why, seeing the person he would have lied to wasn't there to see him? Do you think it was planned or spontaneous? If the latter, he would have had no certainty there was a camera to capture it for posterity either. I don't really understand and would like to.

ETA: And as I said upthread, if he wanted a voluntary disappearance to look like something more sinister, surely he wouldn't have picked a situation when someone was obviously going to raise the alarm in very short order?