Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

Key facts about 'missing' - Missing People

People go missing for a wide range of reasons, and there is often more than one cause. Going missing is an indication that someone is struggling for one or more reasons; anything from being unhappy at home or school, to experiencing mental ill-health, to risks around exploitation and grooming. There will often be both push (things pushing someone to leave) and pull (things drawing someone away) factors involved in someone going missing.

For children and young people, some of the most common reasons are:

• Being unhappy at home or in care, including conflict, abuse and neglect in the home
  • Risks around exploitation, including sexual exploitation and criminal exploitation
  • Mental health concerns
For adults, some of the most common reasons are:

• Diagnosed or undiagnosed mental health issues
  • Problems at home and relationship breakdown
  • Many adults with dementia will go missing
Every person who goes missing will have different circumstances and reasons for going, and it’s important that these are explored when they are found or return.

So if AC went missing of his own volition he clearly didn't want to go and live in the new house with his friend, for whatever reason. JMO MOO

I wonder if the fact all his important documents were in his smaller backpack lead the Police to believe he did this on purpose?

It makes you think that if he wasn't caught on the CCTV camera on the court building on the other side of Mornington, that he did turn down that street, not carry on further on the main road.

It's a good call, providing both sides of the pavement and the road were captured by the Court CCTV and any others.

Assuming he was seen to turn right out of the station then the CCTV camera that observed that would pick AC up if he had doubled back.

Other alternatives:

1. Picked up by a private car/taxi between the station at Mornington Grove.
2. Went into a house/business and either stayed, left via the back door or left some time later via the front door
3. Missed on the CCTV/applied disguise (changed clothes) somewhere here

upload_2021-10-7_9-7-46.png

Other possibilities become a little too far fetched.

If it was Richmond I think he'd been going down towards the tube, not coming up to exit (as in pics)

From what I recall Richmond District line is on an overground section and shares the station with South Eastern Railway....or have they been sacked by Grant Shapps now?

The staircases from the platforms to the main foyer were wide and somewhat aged, as in the photo.

F115_0758_595.jpg

richmond-station--1360x765.jpg

<modsnip: Quoted posts were removed>

What you say is so interesting @BoringSpams , but a lot of it is against the rules of Websleuths for legal reasons etc and it might be taken down by moderators. Or they could close the thread and give you a ban. But why not report all this to UK police or https://crimestoppers-uk.org/ if you wish to remain anonymous

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing from PUTNEY? WTH?!

I wouldn't sweat it. The Met Police is divided into 12 Basic Command Units (BCU). Number 3 - South West BCU includes the London boroughs of Kingston, Merton, Richmond and Wandsworth. The Richmond area includes Barnes which borders Putney, which comes under Wandsworth.

AC is missing from his home address in the Richmond/Barnes/Putney area.....they are very close together. His home address obviously falls within the Richmond policing boundary so for policing purposes that is where he is missing from. Therefore, Richmond police create the missing person report and are responsible for the investigation.

Yes I know he was last seen in Bow Road, but imagine if Tower Hamlets reported him missing from Bow Road, then there was a confirmed sighting in Oxford Street, London, W1, covered by Westminster. It would be impractical to keep transferring a missing person report for so many reasons.

So 'missing from' is not the same as 'last seen' . I hope that is as clear as mud :(

Thank you. I also thought he would turn right again to be unwell and get to somewhere quiet, but as time went on I began to think like you. I need to go back and re-read the wording I read last night about Mornington Grove. I can't remember if it was 'in the direction of M Grove' or he turned into there - I will check later.

If LE has seen bank card activity or phone activity would that perhaps make them put out the appeal for him to get in touch?

Thanks again for your insight.

He has been missing since 16th September. People don't normally carry cash on them to cover 21 days+. Therefore, activity would be expected on his debit/credit/oyster cards unless he is in some way incapacitated. Of course such cards can be stolen and used fraudulently in various ways.

It's fair to say that we don't know what is actually going on, but reading between the lines of the most recent police statement it gives me the impression they may have established that there is no indication of foul play or serious injury/illness.

I would expect to hear nothing if there was evidence of abduction.

I would expect to hear a great deal more if there was concern AC was seriously ill or injured.

Just my opinion.......and a bit of gut feeling

Last edited:
It's fair to say that we don't know what is actually going on, but reading between the lines of the most recent police statement it gives me the impression they may have established that there is no indication of foul play or serious injury/illness.

Hi @Whitehall 1212. :)

I totally agree about how the most recent release was worded. I posted about it a couple of times the day before yesterday but it all got chewed up during the server upgrade. :( If they were really concerned, they would say so in stronger language imo/ime, unless there's something going on behind the scenes that calls for a low key approach.

If there are appeals still being issued, I assume he hasn't been physically found/presented himself, but I wonder if he or someone else has made contact or there's been a plausible cctv sighting or digital trail that seems to explain things.

JMO

ETA: I think there is some truth to the opinion that the police are slow to take missing cases seriously when they involve young, usually drunk, men who go missing on/after a night out. But that's not the scenario here and imo the police do an amazing job of swiftly collating and reviewing evidence in missing cases once their seriousness has been established. Just because they're not giving a blow-by-blow account of it, it doesn't mean nothing's being done.

Last edited:
Ahhh gosh, only really read about this case today (maybe seen before but didn't read about it) and I really hope he's okay.

I used to live in Bow, super close to where he was actually and it just brings back memories. I'd assume (from what I've read) that he's still alive, but elsewhere... hopefully he returns soon or is found.

He has been missing since 16th September. People don't normally carry cash on them to cover 21 days+. Therefore, activity would be expected on his debit/credit/oyster cards unless he is in some way incapacitated. Of course such cards can be stolen and used fraudulently in various ways.

I would expect to hear nothing if there was evidence of abduction.

I would expect to hear a great deal more if there was concern AC was seriously ill or injured.

Just my opinion.......and a bit of gut feeling

That is really helpful and insightful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Can someone share any newspaper article or missing persons screen print about the other Italian guy was who went missing around the same time in London and also happened to be starting a new job. I wonder if there is some kind of connection between the two men which could relate to Antonino's vanishing.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back