Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

Exactly that. I assume they didn't have many clothes and possessions then. They must have taken no more than a large suitcase/duffel bag each, plus a rucksack. It wouldn't be possible to walk, or even travel on the tube with any more baggage than that, realistically.

It doesn't sound like much stuff for a few years of living in London. People take more on a week's holiday!

But then, perhaps they were going to do it in two trips or multiple trips?

Richmond, Surrey to Bromley-by-Bow E3 is a pain in the a$$ journey, but it can be done on the tube. It'd be the cheapest way, just a few £ on an Oyster Card, but it could take up to 1.5 hours. No need to change lines, the district line goes all the way between these two locations.

Or perhaps they weren't transporting their clothes and possessions?

Exactly this. It doesn't make sense. Or were they doing a moonlight flit? I wonder if it was planned to leave their home or they HAD to leave quickly? It all went wrong when AC left the train (either to visit someone for something for himself and his travelling companion or because AC wanted to escape from his travelling companion). The small amount of baggage and big effort in moving home via The Tube (Underground) after two years of living is something to bear in mind as 'strange'. JMO MOO

Last edited:
Just saw this. Maybe our Italian fluent friends can say more about what is being said - way too fast for my pidgin Italian comprehension!

But there is a live video snatch of AC doing something with pasta in a kitchen, then the interviewer talks to his... mother?

Chi l'ha visto? 2021/22 - Cosa si nasconde dietro la scomparsa di Antonino Coppola a Londra? - 29/09/2021 - Video - RaiPlay

(For those unfamiliar with London, some lovely scenic shots of the Thames, London Eye, Waterloo Bridge, Houses of Parliament... and Bow station, outside and in.)

JMO MOO

Erm...I'm confused. We already discussed this at length didn't we? Is this a new updated version? I'm genuinely confused.

Police seamed to have had a good response for I formation.
Richmond police.

Following our renewed appeal to find Antonino, we would like to thank those of you who have contacted police with information about him. Our officers are currently following up on the information received. Please keep it coming.

If you have any information about Antonino, call 101 and quote 21MIS028497

If you see him, call 999 immediately.

Thank you.

Excellent

My personal take is I think he was getting out of the station quite quickly. He's walking on the right hand side of the staircase which is typically where people go to overtake people. He is seen parallel to the person in the long white top in the 1st image and in the 2nd image is seen infront of them by a few steps. If you take the advertisments in the background and the amount of distance between the 1st and 2nd image, he's got quite far ahead of them in a relatively short amount of space. Perhaps this can be explained by him rushing knowing he is close to throwing up. But I agree he doesn't appear acutely unwell, from the limited images away.

I agree with Whitehall's analysis of the options. I just don't understand why he could choose that exact time and place and leave the flatmate on the platform. If I look at it logically, the circumstances aren't great for disappearing - The friend is going to become concerned fast vs if he just went out for a day he'd get a far bigger head start.

good points! He is also 6 foot tall so can take big strides to get up stairs.

Police seamed to have had a good response for I formation.
Richmond police.

Following our renewed appeal to find Antonino, we would like to thank those of you who have contacted police with information about him. Our officers are currently following up on the information received. Please keep it coming.

If you have any information about Antonino, call 101 and quote 21MIS028497

If you see him, call 999 immediately.

Thank you.
Do police usually ask members of the public to dial 999 urgently if they see a missing person.

Excellent
JMO MOO

Erm...I'm confused. We already discussed this at length didn't we? Is this a new updated version? I'm genuinely confused.
It’s the 2nd CHLV clip I’m currently translating following MiniSleuth request. Broadcast of 29th Sept. The first one was on 22nd Sept, live from Positano with AC’s mum making the appeal

Do police usually ask members of the public to dial 999 urgently if they see a missing person.

It's not uncommon in missing person appeals but it implies urgency and a perception of vulnerability, which is a new development in Antonino's case, so it's significant in that sense. It's more common in appeals for children, or people with dementia, learning difficulties or significant medical conditions.

His absence ticked over the three-week mark yesterday, so that might have trigggered a reclassification of urgency automatically, or it may be that new information has changed things.

It's not uncommon in missing person appeals but it implies urgency and a perception of vulnerability, which is a new development in Antonino's case, so it's significant in that sense. It's more common in appeals for children, or people with dementia, learning difficulties or significant medical conditions.

His absence ticked over the three-week mark yesterday, so that might have trigggered a reclassification of urgency automatically, or it may be that new information has changed things.

I agree. The wording is also used when the person isn't just missing, following a new development in other ways. Hoping Antonino is found safe and well soon

Now that I've mentioned medical conditions, it occurs to me to wonder how he's doing without his asthma medication (assuming he is without it).

Urgent missing appeals on medical grounds would generally be for people with conditions that need regular, timely medication, e.g. diabetes, and who will potentially suffer dire consequences without it. Asthma wouldn't usually fall into that category, but depending on his medication regime it may be that after three weeks he's at high risk of a serious wheezing exacerbation, especially if wherever he's staying is an environment that's bad for his triggers.

I know that hospitals were checked when he first went missing, but I wonder if now would be a good time to check them again.

Now that I've mentioned medical conditions, it occurs to me to wonder how he's doing without his asthma medication (assuming he is without it).

Urgent missing appeals on medical grounds would generally be for people with conditions that need regular, timely medication, e.g. diabetes, and who will potentially suffer dire consequences without it. Asthma wouldn't usually fall into that category, but depending on his medication regime it may be that after three weeks he's at high risk of a serious wheezing exacerbation, especially if wherever he's staying is an environment that's bad for his triggers.

I know that hospitals were checked when he first went missing, but I wonder if now would be a good time to check them again.

We don't know he had asthma at all. And if he had, whether this was sudden adult onset or he was a long time sufferer.

This only came from the Chi l’ha visto programme and I believe hasn't been mentioned by the police or elsewhere. If he had had asthma and was sufficiently bad to be taken to hospital, I feel that this would have been stated by the police and would possibly rank up the seriousness.

Suffering a breathing difficulty episode - if indeed he had - could be caused by many things unrelated to asthma.

We don't know he had asthma at all….This only came from the Chi l’ha visto programme and I believe hasn't been mentioned by the police or elsewhere.
AC’s mother’s words, when speaking live on Chi l’ha visto 22/9/21, were:

Antonino has allergies, he's asthmatic and he goes through phases when his asthma flares up. Antonino had left his inhaler at home, they were on the tube and he had an asthma attack, so they got worried, they called an ambulance and he was taken to hospital where he received treatment straight away and he was fine, as I spoke to him afterwards...”

AC’s mother’s words, when speaking live on Chi l’ha visto 22/9/21, were:
“Antonino has allergies, he's asthmatic and he goes through phases when his asthma flares up. Antonino had left his inhaler at home, they were on the tube and he had an asthma attack, so they got worried, they called an ambulance and he was taken to hospital where he received treatment straight away and he was fine, as I spoke to him afterwards...”

So, all the more reason he would take care to have his inhaler on him for subsequent journeys.

I didn't think what I said was controversial at all!

As @AcbMurders has helpfully confirmed, AC definitely has allergies and asthma. The popular image of asthmatics is of them using reliever inhalers as needed, which they may well carry with them. But people with medium to severe asthma mostly take daily preventer medication instead/as well, which comes in a variety of formulations, and which they wouldn't normally carry with them as it tends to be taken at home morning or evening, or both. (Acknowledging that they were supposedly moving house and AC may well have had prescription drugs with him that he wouldn't normally carry around on a daily basis.) Very severe or brittle asthma often requires a small home pharmacy and would be unlikely to fit in a small backpack (not that I necessarily think this applies to AC, just to clarify, before anyone bites my head off).

Anyway, I just wonder whether/how he's coping, that's all. Concern, y'know. :rolleyes: And if he's not, there may come a point where he ends up in A&E or a UCC, of which there a few in the area. So if I were engaged in searching for him, I would try those places again.

JMO

Slightly off topic, but maybe worth mentioning : has anyone else noticed how high out of his left pocket his phone is?
If that is his phone that is. But I do recall him having a white phone from a couple of selfies.

mnv5fgesxt5uwwzln1vo.jpg

Slightly off topic, but maybe worth mentioning : has anyone else noticed how high out of his left pocket his phone is?
If that is his phone that is. But I do recall him having a white phone from a couple of selfies.

mnv5fgesxt5uwwzln1vo.jpg

That's not his phone. It's the metal bracket on the exit gate that holds the glass in place. See how it is replicated around the inside edges.

See the gate on the far lower right corner on the photo....Bow Road Station ticket office.

I noticed it earlier and did a double take too. Particularly as AC's hand seems to be on his upper left thigh in the two images climbing the stairs.

Attachments

• 21634803054_33a1a14102_b.jpg
    21634803054_33a1a14102_b.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
That's not his phone. It's the metal bracket on the exit gate that holds the glass in place. See how it is replicated around the inside edges.

See the gate on the far lower right corner on the photo....Bow Road Station ticket office.

I noticed it earlier and did a double take too. Particularly as AC's hand seems to be on his upper left thigh in the two images climbing the stairs.

Now that's what I call attention to detail!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back