Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

I still believe C is the key to everything. I think that IF he wasn’t completely truthful when he was originally interrogated (for any reason), now coming out with the truth would have serious consequences especially if AC is found dead. :( JMO MOO.
There are other friends in the same group that I wonder if they have been interrogated. These other friends have not been mentioned by anybody at any point but they are clearly close to AC and C.
My thoughts are with his parents who had to learn a lot about their son whilst dealing with his disappearance.

I still believe C is the key to everything. I think that IF he wasn’t completely truthful when he was originally interrogated (for any reason), now coming out with the truth would have serious consequences especially if AC is found dead. :( JMO MOO.
There are other friends in the same group that I wonder if they have been interrogated. These other friends have not been mentioned by anybody at any point but they are clearly close to AC and C.
My thoughts are with his parents who had to learn a lot about their son whilst dealing with his disappearance.
Hi Positano86
These friends, if the names haven’t been made available to LE, how can it be expected for LE to further the enquiry? I ask in all sincerity. At this stage there needs to be total transparency if AC is to be located. Is it possible for that information to be passed to the Police? All I ask though is only do so if it safe to do so. I wouldn’t wish any harm to come to any more people.

Hi Positano86
These friends, if the names haven’t been made available to LE, how can it be expected for LE to further the enquiry? I ask in all sincerity. At this stage there needs to be total transparency if AC is to be located. Is it possible for that information to be passed to the Police? All I ask though is only do so if it safe to do so. I wouldn’t wish any harm to come to any more people.
Hi Angleterre,
Would the police look into their social media?

Hi Angleterre,
Would the police look into their social media?
Hi @Positano86
It depends really , if the Police have any intelligence or information that makes then believe that AC has come to harm then it should be run as a major enquiry , by an SIO and using a policy book. One of the strategies in the policy book is social media and communications and therefore I would hope that it would be looked at there. However, there are thousands that go missing in and around London every month and it’s not always feasible for them to have an SIO running the disappearance as a major investigation due to the sheer number of other investigations that they have ongoing of a similar nature.
If anyone in your peer groups know of these other characters and their names etc , and providing everyone named is London based and not Italy then someone can call 101 and ask to be put through to the Metropolitan Police ( unless it’s the City of London police who are dealing with this ) and state that you have information with regards to the AC investigation that’ occurred on 16th September in Bow, East London but due to safety concerns by passing this information, you do not wish to give any of your own personal identifying details and do not wish for your phone number to be kept but you wish to impart the following , namely that AC is involved with these other 3?4?5? Friends who are likely to know more about what has happened and /or why and these people need to be spoken to. Then give the details of these friends and ask that the senior officer in charge of the investigation into AC’s disappearance, be made aware of this information as a matter of urgency and give details of any social media account that they have . Hope that this helps . If you wish to discuss things of a more confidential matter with me then please move to direct message and use the conversation facility on the drop down menu when you click on your own username. Please, above all else, take good care of yourself and don’t put yourself at any risk.

Maybe, just maybe he didn’t have the time to prepare and plan his disappearance- maybe it was forced upon him due to pressure from others and he just had to flee before he was caught ? Maybe he’s had threats to his life. As the saying goes
“ If you find out how he lived then you will find out why he disappeared or (my apologies) you will find out if he’s died / how he’s died . I don’t get the impression that he’s as innocent as his parents first thought . In fact hasn’t someone said in a post that his Dad has found out things that he just wouldn’t have expected from his son? Or words to that effect…..
This is all MOO/JMOO

It could fit with the vomiting - Him becoming panicked and stressed.

It seems his friend is quite new to London so I assume Antonino has been the primary one dealing with the move etc. I'd be interested in knowing if what he has told him is actually true e.g. was the new place they were going to actually sorted and theirs? Was the new job legitimate? If he was due to start a new job then did he have one previously? If he didn't, how would he evidence income to get the flat?

It's the only other reason I can think of for leaving 1 stop before getting there, is that actually there wasn't anywhere to go to and he couldn't bring himself to tell the friend.

Hi @Positano86
It depends really , if the Police have any intelligence or information that makes then believe that AC has come to harm then it should be run as a major enquiry , by an SIO and using a policy book. One of the strategies in the policy book is social media and communications and therefore I would hope that it would be looked at there.

I'm glad you've said that, because I've always thought that useful information can be gleaned from social media in such cases. Websleuths does not allow social media as a source; since the police do, perhaps WS should reconsider.

It could fit with the vomiting - Him becoming panicked and stressed.
It seems his friend is quite new to London so I assume Antonino has been the primary one dealing with the move etc. I'd be interested in knowing if what he has told him is actually true e.g. was the new place they were going to actually sorted and theirs? Was the new job legitimate? If he was due to start a new job then did he have one previously? If he didn't, how would he evidence income to get the flat?
It's the only other reason I can think of for leaving 1 stop before getting there, is that actually there wasn't anywhere to go to and he couldn't bring himself to tell the friend.

That's a feasible suggestion.
However it's not true that the friend was new to London. That was an early detail which has turned out to be incorrect.

Hi Positano86, your last sentence intrigues me. Parents don't always know everything about their children's lives (especially when those children are now adults). Did Antonino's parents learn something that may explain his disappearance behaviour on 16/09? (Note: you can't tell us what they learned if it isn't in MSM with a link, but you can say "yes" or "no"). Really hope Antonino is found safe & well.

Hi Positano86, your last sentence intrigues me. Parents don't always know everything about their children's lives (especially when those children are now adults). Did Antonino's parents learn something that may explain his disappearance behaviour on 16/09? (Note: you can't tell us what they learned if it isn't in MSM with a link, but you can say "yes" or "no"). Really hope Antonino is found safe & well.

Hi Purplepixii,
there were some comments on this thread last week that have been deleted by administrators which indicated that his parents have learnt some things about their son which ''they didn't think they could be possible''.
That's what i referred to.

I believe the train becomes overground just at it enters the Bow Road station, so no real time for a phone call.

However maybe just enough time for a delayed text or encrypted message to be received.....to prompt enough fear to feel sick and alight from the train in a hurry.

Possibly a warning from a 'friendly' near Bromley-by-Bow that people were waiting for/looking for him!

Thanks for that. The last paragraphy by you fits with my thoughts.

Possibly a warning from a 'friendly' near Bromley-by-Bow that people were waiting for/looking for him!

Thanks for that. The last paragraphy by you fits with my thoughts.

I can get on board with this idea too, except that in that scenario I would have expected C to leave the station too, and both of them to make their way somewhere together to wait it out, make a new plan, etc.

Unless he got a text saying 'C is setting you up', I guess.

Getting into the realms of the wildly speculative now though.

JMO

So, his possessions that were left with the friend - where would they be now? Would the police have them? Or perhaps if someone was following them on the train, would his possessions have ultimately gone astray somehow?

Without knowing the precise details of exactly when and by whom AC was reported missing, I would certainly have expected police to search AC's suitcase, possibly with permission from AC's NoK. The suitcase may have provided useful information, possible lines of enquiry and hopefully the opportunity to secure AC's DNA sample from a used toothbrush, comb/hairbrush or shaving razor etc. It may also confirm identity if AC's DNA was already recorded on the DNA National Database.

C may have been asked to co-operate in a voluntary capacity by allowing his suitcase to be searched, possibly his person and maybe to show recent mobile phone communications/contacts list/photos etc. Whilst refusal to consent to a voluntary search would not enable police to search without consent, unless there were reasonable grounds to enforce any of their various legislative powers, it would have prompted a concern that C may be hiding something and was thus worthy of further investigation.

As I say without knowing the specific details of C's interaction with police and the information/concerns police may have had in the early stages, it is very difficult to say how it would have played out.

Without knowing the precise details of exactly when and by whom AC was reported missing, I would certainly have expected police to search AC's suitcase, possibly with permission from AC's NoK. The suitcase may have provided useful information, possible lines of enquiry and hopefully the opportunity to secure AC's DNA sample from a used toothbrush, comb/hairbrush or shaving razor etc. It may also confirm identity if AC's DNA was already recorded on the DNA National Database.

C may have been asked to co-operate in a voluntary capacity by allowing his suitcase to be searched, possibly his person and maybe to show recent mobile phone communications/contacts list/photos etc. Whilst refusal to consent to a voluntary search would not enable police to search without consent, unless there were reasonable grounds to enforce any of their various legislative powers, it would have prompted a concern that C may be hiding something and was thus worthy of further investigation.

As I say without knowing the specific details of C's interaction with police and the information/concerns police may have had in the early stages, it is very difficult to say how it would have played out.
See UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, London, 16 Sept 2021 ** MEDIA, TIMELINE - NO DISCUSSION** (Hope link works). CHLV works very closely with victims’ families and in their first appeal inn 22/9, they said that C raised the alarm quickly after AC didn’t come back and he had went round looking for him (as much as he could considering he was carrying two people’s luggage around apparently). I’ve translated as accurately as I could, as it’s MSM (albeit Italian MSM) which can therefore be quoted here. But C. contacted AC’s family in the first place, rather than UK police, which is understandable if C.’s English isn’t very good. Anyway, AC’s family then alerted the Italian foreign office in Rome, which in turn contacted God knows who in London.., Result: a lot of time wasted

See UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, London, 16 Sept 2021 ** MEDIA, TIMELINE - NO DISCUSSION** (Hope link works). CHLV works very closely with victims’ families and in their first appeal inn 22/9, they said that C raised the alarm quickly after AC didn’t come back and he had went round looking for him (as much as he could considering he was carrying two people’s luggage around apparently). I’ve translated as accurately as I could, as it’s MSM (albeit Italian MSM) which can therefore be quoted here. But C. contacted AC’s family in the first place, rather than UK police, which is understandable if C.’s English isn’t very good. Anyway, AC’s family then alerted the Italian foreign office in Rome, which in turn contacted God knows who in London.., Result: a lot of time wasted

I have read elsewhere that C had good command of English and was not new to the England, although I can't recall the exact source of this information. Can someone assist?

Apparently C was not as familiar in finding his way around London, therefore we are told that AC took the lead on this.

Why did C feel it necessary to contact AC's family in Italy in the first instance and not reach out to the British Police if he was concerned?

How many of us when abroad with a friend a family member who went missing, would contact family back home in the first instance? I know I wouldn't! What would your instinct be, particularly if you had a good command of the language?

Now if I had reason to want to supress police involvement, supress detail and required time to get some things in order, then I may well make a call back home first and give the conservative, possibly misleading, detail, knowing that it would pass through a lengthy process of 'Chinese Whispers' before the report was logged in the UK.

Just MOO

Now if I had reason to want to supress police involvement, supress detail and required time to get some things in order, then I may well make a call back home first and give the conservative, possibly misleading, detail, knowing that it would pass through a lengthy process of 'Chinese Whispers' before the report was logged in the UK.

Just MOO

rsbm

And ask advice about how best to proceed and what to say (or not say) perhaps.

JMO

Or it could be
Apparently C was not as familiar in finding his way around London, therefore we are told that AC took the lead on this.

This piece of misinformation came from an early report in the Daily Mirror and should be disregarded as it's since been denied.

His friend, who was new to London and relied on Antonino's guidance to get around, waited for him at the station but he never returned.
Mum's desperate plea to find son, 23, who vanished after getting off London tube

<modsnip - discussing moderation>

Last edited by a moderator:
How many of us when abroad with a friend a family member who went missing, would contact family back home in the first instance? I know I wouldn't! What would your instinct be, particularly if you had a good command of the language?

Just my thoughts, but putting myself insituation, I would phone family first, because it would be like, "Tony has gone off and left me with all the luggage. What am I going to do Mum? Where the hell do you think he is?" and Mum makes soothing noises and says, "Have you tried Uncle Luka, he lives just round the corner?" etc. etc. You're twenty years old and you haven't really got the hang of life yet... I don't think I would contact police until I had exhausted any lines of ordinary inquiry.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back