Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

I think the cemetery is a total red herring and if there was anything at all to suggest it as a significant location the police would have searched it already imo.

However, I do like the idea of a rendezvous with someone, either prearranged or triggered by a third party.

Am I right in thinking the district line emerges from underground just before Bow Road? I can easily imagine that might be the moment a message came through on his phone - something like 'We need to talk NOW' - and he realised he needed to make a phone call away from listening ears, which in turn led to an arrangement to go to a rendezvous point.

I don't really buy the vomiting scenario, even though something of the sort was apparently caught on CCTV. It seems like an excuse to me, which makes me wonder whose benefit the excuse was for.

JMO

So glad you now agree with me! But this post from Sep 30 seems contradictory to your post today.

Any reason for change of mind?

I'm really surprised so many people now think this is a voluntary disappearance when, to me, the fact he was seen vomiting on CCTV acts as further evidence that claiming to feel ill was true, not an excuse or a ruse. Would anyone like to explain their reasoning? Do people think he deliberately made himself vomit? Pretended to vomit? And if so why, seeing the person he would have lied to wasn't there to see him? Do you think it was planned or spontaneous? If the latter, he would have had no certainty there was a camera to capture it for posterity either. I don't really understand and would like to.

ETA: And as I said upthread, if he wanted a voluntary disappearance to look like something more sinister, surely he wouldn't have picked a situation when someone was obviously going to raise the alarm in very short order?

I don't really buy the vomiting scenario, even though something of the sort was apparently caught on CCTV. It seems like an excuse to me, which makes me wonder whose benefit the excuse was for.

JMO

Met Police has shared a couple more photos of AC coming out of station.
:
UPDATED: Appeal to locate missing man last seen in Bow

pi7x7s3qtadrsainwhfy.jpg

mnv5fgesxt5uwwzln1vo.jpg

In my mind I was imagining if someone felt so unwell they were about to be sick any minute, that they'd be hunched over a little bit, or holding their mouth or stomach but I can't really tell anything from the body language in those CCTV photos

And those are steps, not an escalator, right? I was unsure for a minute, because of the parallel line pattern that looked a bit like escalator treads, but I think they're a photographic artefact as they're on his shoes and trousers too.

So that means he's rushing up a flight of stairs, taking the steps two at a time if you look at his foot placement. Even at his age, and assuming a good level of general fitness, I would have thought most people would struggle to do that while acutely unwell.

I certainly think it blows the appendicitis theory. People with appendicitis can't bear anything that jiggles or bounces their abdomen.

JMO

<modsnip>

Thank you so much for letting the thread know so quickly @AcbMurders. Your role as our translator and conduit to AC's family/friends and the Italian media has been so helpful.

So many questions now, but I guess we'll all have to be patient for answers.

ETA: And kudos to the police, who apparently did know what they were doing despite all the insinuations to the contrary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, well. I log on to (very belatedly) put forward my hypothesis for Antonino's sudden departure from the train, when this happens! Great news for his family and friends, of course, and I don't want to detract from that.

My hypothesis, for what it is now worth, is that Antonino (for reasons best known to himself) was spooked by seeing a uniformed police officer (or by believing he had been seen by plain-clothes officers), which caused him to leave the train in such a hurry.

I wonder if we'll ever get to know the truth behind his disappearance. We rarely do, when missing people are found, and that is understandable.

Great news that he has been found! I am really surprised tbh! After all this time I was sure he might be deceased so what a great outcome for him and his family and just shows there may be hope for other missing persons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back