UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you are right. I am someone that has bought it that he didn’t mean it literally, I think he’s not very bright and uneducated and can’t articulate so results to big threats. I have known someone who is like a teddy bear but says that will do this/that and the other to sound ‘hard’ and actually doesn’t mean them or would do any of things they say, however, TH did inflict very cruel and violent behaviour, so it’s possible he did mean it literally. I just really don’t know, this case is very heavy and there is so much to it. We can’t see their demeanours in court, so it is hard to truly know. I can’t wait until Wednesday when the verdict is due to be in, I feel confident that it will bring justice.

I agree its so hard to work them out properly without seeing their body language and hear their voices. I wonder will there be any video clips of the trial released after the verdict. I get the feeling ET is full on and over powering for her to pretty much scare a police man away from the house with her manner and the lady nurse who came in to help with Arthur before ambulance arrived, said she couldnt get a word in, ET just kept talking and talking at her

Good point. I would take chaotic to mean abrupt, thoughtless, difficult to read as no punctuation, but that is only my own take on that choice of word. And you are so right, the sheer volume of his texts is astounding, it isn’t like it’s just an odd few to placate ET.

I think it would also help if there was a starting point to when these messages started. We’re these messages initiated by TH? Did these messages occur without prompting from ET eg were these messages only in response to ET descriptive behaviours of Arthur? It’s a tough one for sure

I agree its so hard to work them out properly without seeing their body language and hear their voices. I wonder will there be any video clips of the trial released after the verdict. I get the feeling ET is full on and over powering for her to pretty much scare a police man away from the house with her manner and the lady nurse who came in to help with Arthur before ambulance arrived, said she couldnt get a word in, ET just kept talking and talking at her
I think you have hit the nail on the head with this point, ET demeanour did intimidate a police officer. Also she was arguing with the barristers, so much so that Mr Hankin I think it was, asked her is this the way she spoke to TH?

Last edited:
I think it would also help if there was a starting point to when these messages started. We’re these messages initiated by TH? Did these messages occur without prompting from ET eg were these messages only in response to ET descriptive behaviours of Arthur? It’s a tough one for sure

I was only thinking today, I wonder if the texts were sent to impress ET, did she act more lovingly to him the meaner his texts and actions got

Yes, it would be good to know the context of them. They are disgusting texts to send about anyone though, let alone (your own) 6 year old child.

I’m not sure trials in the uk are videotaped. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a video of a trial in the uk. Only artist sketches, that’s all I’ve ever seen in regards to trial. Then afterwards I’ve seen their mugshots released and other evidence that was presented at trial. It’s so hard to grasp their demeanours without seeing it visually!

ETA spelling mistake - I cannot type for love nor money today it would seem!

Last edited:
I think you have hit the nail on the head with this point, ET demeanour did intimidate a police offer. Also she was arguing with the barristers, so much so that Mr Hankin I think it was, asked her is this the way she spoke to TH?

Yeah id say she is scary in real life. Would love to see her speaking to get a better idea. For Mr Hankin to say that she must have been bad. The only 2 people who were told off in court were her and her stepdad, not surprising

Yes, it would be good to know the context of them. They are disgusting texts to send about anyone though, let alone (your own) 6 year old child.
None of us have even gotten close while discussing these vile creatures to calling them anything as close to TH's words and we have reason to, he was talking about his beautiful son, with no reason to speak of him in that way

Yes you are right. I am someone that has bought it that he didn’t mean it literally, I think he’s not very bright and uneducated and can’t articulate so results to big threats. I have known someone who is like a teddy bear but says that will do this/that and the other to sound ‘hard’ and actually doesn’t mean them or would do any of things they say, however, TH did inflict very cruel and violent behaviour, so it’s possible he did mean it literally. I just really don’t know, this case is very heavy and there is so much to it. We can’t see their demeanours in court, so it is hard to truly know. I can’t wait until Wednesday when the verdict is due to be in, I feel confident that it will bring justice.
Just for the record - a child takes what a parent says LITERALLY.

Didnt Arthur complain "Daddy wants to kill me!"?

I’m not sure trials in the uk are videotaped. I don’t think so I’ve ever seen a video of a trial in the uk. Only artist sketches, that’s all I’ve ever seen in regards to trial. Then afterwards I’ve seen their mugshots released and other evidence that was presented at trial. It’s so hard to grasp their demeanours without seeing it visually!

ETA spelling mistake - I cannot type for love nor money today it would seem!

We might get to see her in action if more cctv's are released

I genuinely couldn’t stomach seeing cctv involving any of that to be honest. What I have seen is more than enough for me. But I also believe that worse stuff is going to surface once this trial is over

Yeah same here actually, not worth it. So traumatised after seeing the other cctv and cant listen to the audio clip. Might be best leaving it be and never seeing her speak

Just to jump off this, one of the brothers mentioned that TH messaging type was chaotic and full of spelling mistakes, which was how he realised it was ET who sent the harassment message. Whether that plays into being a defence for the stuff he typed about Arthur though, I am unsure. I’d like to know what he meant by “chaotic”, I think that would help me. Does he mean random messages with no context? Does he mean abrupt and over the top messages?

I can see messages being misconstrued. I can see messages being sent in the heat of the moment. I can see TH sending stuff to placate ET and her constant onslaught of Arthur’s behaviour via text/audio/pictures/videos. It’s just that the violence in some of them, the descriptive threats, and the sheer amount of them, I just don’t know if the jury would buy it….
"Chaotic texts" by TH might mean dyslexia.
It would explain possible problems at school.
MOO

"Chaotic texts" by TH might mean dyslexia.
It would explain possible problems at school.
MOO

I’m hoping that if that was the case, it would’ve been mentioned during the trial as Dyslexia would fall under SEND. Therefore I would’ve hoped that THs background information regarding schooling was explained better than “not academic”. But as we know with this case alone, lots of things can be missed, maybe his education providers didn’t pick up on it? Always a possibility.

Children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)

For dyslexic people reading and writing is a struggle.
It might explain why he spent so much time reading texts from ET and answering them.

He said when he was alone with Arthur, he was bombed with her texts and didnt have time to talk to his son.
Also, he didnt read all of them.
Young people usually read and text rapidly, but not dyslexics.
MOO

Last edited:
Is it possible that ET planned this entire thing, and specifically picked out TH precisely because he had a young child, and TH was impressionable? Sorry for paranoia but at this point nothing would surprise me.

For dyslexic people reading and writing is a struggle.
It might explain why he spent so much time reading texts from ET and answering them.

He said when he was alone with Arthur, he was bombed with her texts and didnt have time to talk to his son.
Also, he didnt read all of them.
Young people usually read and text rapidly, but not dyslexics.
MOO
This makes a lot of sense. Unable to filter, and worried himself about missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member