UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that ET planned this entire thing, and specifically picked out TH precisely because he had a young child, and TH was impressionable? Sorry for paranoia but at this point nothing would surprise me.

I think they met on a dating site - plenty of fish. I personally don’t think she picked TH to purposely abuse a child, if anything I think she would’ve preferred a partner without a child. Then all the attention would be on her. It’s this jealousy of Arthur and the attention he got given him that provoked ET in my opinion. But I do think you’re on to something when you say she picked TH precisely because he was impressionable.

Yes, she mentioned her personality disorder and being off her meds. I’m sure other things too, but I don’t have the energy to scroll BL
But, the thing is, dyslexia has nothing to do with abuse/murder.
These people are usually very intelligent.
I just wrote about it b/c when I saw "chaotic text" a red lamp immediately flashed.
As a teacher I deal with dyslexic students daily.
There are usually 2 among 20-25 class.
They have lessons with the whole class, only write special tests (tick a, b, c only).
It cant be a mitigating factor in this case.
Well, it is only my opinion as a teacher.

I just wrote about it b/c when I saw "chaotic text" a red lamp immediately flashed.
They have lessons with the whole class, only write special tests (tick a, b, c only).

I think because dyslexia is deemed as a SEN over here and can be classed as a disability under The Equality Act. Therefore, TH (and his defence) would use it as mitigation. Especially around them horrendous messages (think something along the lines of an argument where TH types “ded” but defence argues he means “bed” for example). I’ll add a link just to clarify about how dyslexia is deemed over in the uk. I do think TH would definitely try to use it to mitigate if he is/was diagnosed. MOO

Legislation - British Dyslexia Association

Dyslexia

Last edited:
I’m hoping that if that was the case, it would’ve been mentioned during the trial as Dyslexia would fall under SEND. Therefore I would’ve hoped that THs background information regarding schooling was explained better than “not academic”. But as we know with this case alone, lots of things can be missed, maybe his education providers didn’t pick up on it? Always a possibility.

Children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
But I believe JH is a remedial reading teacher. She would have picked up dyslexia, IMO.

Why?
Were her dysfunctions mentioned?
I ask b/c I didnt follow this trial from the beginning.

Yes. She mentioned her personality disorder (we still don’t know what one as of yet) and that she had stopped taking her meds (again we don’t know what meds). Then of course the suicide attempt. Also the SA she suffered as a child. Also DA where she suffered significant injury. To be honest, ET has not had an easy life at all when we look at her past.

I think because dyslexia is deemed as a SEN over here and can be classed as a disability under The Equality Act. Therefore, TH (and his defence) would use it as mitigation. Especially around them horrendous messages (think something along the lines of an argument where TH types “ded” but defence argues he means “bed” for example). I’ll add a link just to clarify about how dyslexia is deemed over in the uk. I do think TH would definitely try to use it to mitigate if he is was diagnosed. MOO

Legislation - British Dyslexia Association

Dyslexia
I see.
Well, "ded/bed" is typical of dyslexia!
Hmmm.... He might have not been diagnosed, but his mother is a teacher, so especially sensitive to these matters I think.
So, it seems it might be a false alarm on my side :)

Last edited:
Yes. She mentioned her personality disorder (we still don’t know what one as of yet) and that she had stopped taking her meds (again we don’t know what meds). Then of course the suicide attempt. Also the SA she suffered as a child. Also DA where she suffered significant injury. To be honest, ET has not had an easy life at all when we look at her past.
But I meant official documented disorder, not her babbling.
A doctor's testimony.

I’m also eager to know the context about the “chaotic” messaging. I interpreted it as random messages with no continuity, you interpreted it as dyslexia and another poster interrupted it as grammatically incorrect. So a lot of us are stumped at this description. It also shows how differently we all interpret things.

ETA - spelling…..again!

Last edited:
I’m also eager to know the context about the “chaotic” messaging. I interrupted it as random messages with no continuity, you interpreted it as dyslexia and another poster interrupted it as grammatically incorrect. So a lot of us are stumped at this description. It also shows how differently we all interpret things.
:)

I see.
Well, "ded/bed" is typical of dyslexia!
Hmmm.... He might have been not diagnosed, but his mother is a teacher, so especially sensitive to these matters I think.
So, it seems it might be a false alarm on my side :)

Im glad you can see what I was trying to convey with that analogy of “ded/bed”. He could try and explain all sorts of his messages away as incorrect spelling due to dyslexia. The evidence against him is damning (especially them messages) and I do believe him and his defence would try and use any mitigating factor going. I do think it was a good shout and observation on your part though dotta :).

But I meant official documented disorder, not her babbling.
A doctor's testimony.

I think for her (and Ms Prior) to state that under oath in a court of law, it would have to be confirmed. The DA and SA might not have had any confirmation (simply because a lot of victims of these crimes don’t tend to report them through fear). But any personality disorder or prescribed meds would be confirmed by ET medical history. Police do access them things, they accessed mine for my case (I was a victim not a perpetrator, just to be clear).

I’m also eager to know the context about the “chaotic” messaging. I interpreted it as random messages with no continuity, you interpreted it as dyslexia and another poster interrupted it as grammatically incorrect. So a lot of us are stumped at this description. It also shows how differently we all interpret things.

ETA - spelling…..again!
Chaotic ... would make me think he was rushed, flustered or stressed when sending the texts maybe

Yeah she mentioned she suffered with really bad anxiety and depression. Surprised she wasnt asked to name her personality disorder, fear of abandoment seems to be a big thing for her, wonder what that could be in a personality disorder. Didnt she say one of the reasons she didnt let Arthur leave was she has a fear of being on her own. Seems so off the wall, shes that afraid of being alone, she would live in a house of horrors instead

Yeah she mentioned she suffered with really bad anxiety and depression. Surprised she wasnt asked to name her personality disorder, fear of abandoment seems to be a big thing for her, wonder what that could be in a personality disorder. Didnt she say one of the reasons she didnt let Arthur leave was she has a fear of being on her own. Seems so off the wall, shes that afraid of being alone, she would live in a house of horrors instead

Chaotic ... would make me think he was rushed, flustered or stressed when sending the texts maybe

This is precisely what i mean when I say that, without context, we all have different interpretations. That’s 4 of us that have all perceived “chaotic” as a something different. Mad isn’t it? I’m sure the jurors will have had more insight and information.

I don’t doubt she suffered with depression to be honest, I’d imagine to attempt suicide in a the way that she did, was a concentrated effort. And not just a cry for help. I don’t doubt the depression at all, she must have suffered badly from it. I wasn’t aware she said that about Arthur and not letting him leave for not wanting to be alone? I’ll be honest, the house full of horrors she lived in, was all of her construction. MOO.

This is precisely what i mean when I say that, without context, we all have different interpretations. That’s 4 of us that have all perceived “chaotic” as a something different. Mad isn’t it? I’m sure the jurors will have had more insight and information.

Yes its interesting the different takes from us all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member