PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

UK - At LEAST 7 dead and 51 injured in horrific M5 crash

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Nov 5, 2011.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Unfortunately it sounds as if the death toll will rise.

Motorway fireball: At least seven dead and 51 injured in horrific crash on M5 described as 'worst ever seen by emergency services'

• Police confirm at least seven people have been killed and several more have suffered life-changing injuries
    • Death toll could rise as emergency services admit people may still be trapped in 'burnt and unrecognisable' vehicles
    • Police: 'For a motorway incident this is just about as big as it gets. It was a highly complex and traumatic incident'
    • Dramatic scenes as motorists try to pull others free from burning wreckage as a huge fireball engulfs the carriageway
    • Weather could be a significant factor in the crash and a firework display was going on at the time
    • Motorway expected to be closed for 24 hours along 18-mile stretch
    much more, with pictures and video, at Daily Mail link above

2. slug

slug New Member

3. Buddha_with_mace

Buddha_with_mace Well-Known Member

This happened not far from my home and my brother, who is a traffic policeman, was one of the first on the scene last night. All he said to me was "I have never felt so utterly helpless in my life"

My heart goes out to the victims and their families and also to my brother and his work colleagues and the horror they had to witness. I could see it in my brother's face today, this one will stay with him forever.

4. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

Horrific. I'm so sorry for the victims and their families. I cannot even imagine that kind of horror. RIP

5. legalmania

legalmania Verified Paralegal

Our deepest condolences to the families, who lost someone. I'm hoping all the victims will get well soon.