GUILTY UK - Ava White, 12, stabbed by teen, Liverpool, 25 Nov 2021 *arrest*

A teenage girl has told a jury how she saw her 12-year-old friend being stabbed "out of the blue" by a boy with a "cheeky smile".
The witness said the group had thought the 14-year-old had punched her before he ran away.
"At first she stood there. Then she went pale. She started saying, 'Ow. Ow'," she told the jury.
"She was screaming, 'Ow', and she pulled her coat down and we could see all the blood. We walked by Primark and she collapsed on the floor."
The court was previously shown footage of the moment Ava was stabbed and her alleged killer fleeing the scene.
The teenager said the boy and his friends had called her a "muppet" before the confrontation.
She added: "She was not really an argumentative person, she just did not really like random people saying stuff to her."

It is terrifying to think kids this age could get into an argument, and one of them has a knife with them, nevermind decides it's an appropriate time to use it. Whatever happened to a kid pushes you, you push back (at worst), everyone goes home?

"A schoolboy broke down in tears today as he was found guilty of murdering 12-year-old Ava White at a Christmas lights switch-on - while the girl's family cheered the verdict from the public gallery.

The 14-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had claimed he accidentally stabbed Ava in self-defence after a row over a Snapchat video during the festive event in Liverpool.

But a jury took two hours and eight minutes to convict him of murder, with more than 20 members of Ava's family celebrating after the jury foreman read the verdict.

The teenager, who appeared on video-link throughout the trial, put his head in his hands. He now counts among the UK's youngest convicted murderers.

CCTV footage showed the 'callous' boy and his friends going into a shop after the stabbing, where they bought butter for crumpets and arranged his hair for a selfie before going home to play Call Of Duty on a PlayStation 4."

15 year old boy who can't be named sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum term of thirteen years.

Way, way too lenient in my book. The starting point for under 18 is 12 years and that is increased or decreased depending on certain aggravating or mitigating factors. I'll see if I can find the Mrs Justice Yip's sentencing comments.

Mrs Justice Yip did not lift reporting restrictions. I respect what she says.

The only 'mitigation' I can see that was claimed was that he has ADHD and had some family difficulties.

Neuro-diversity is never an excuse for criminal behaviour, particularly carrying a knife a flick knife (prohibited weapon per se) and plunging it into a young girls neck, then laughing and running off before disposing of it and his clothing, taking selfies and blaming another for the crime.

RIP Ava White. I pray your family and friends can find peace and acceptance.

Last edited:
The perp has a history of violent behaviour.

From the above link:

"The court heard the boy, who has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and attended a special school, had previously been subject to a community resolution notice after hitting a PCSO last July.
Mrs Justice Yip said he had also been arrested in May last year for assault on two women and by August it was suspected he was being exploited by known criminals."

RIP to the victim.

The perp has a history of violent behaviour.

From the above link:

"The court heard the boy, who has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and attended a special school, had previously been subject to a community resolution notice after hitting a PCSO last July.
Mrs Justice Yip said he had also been arrested in May last year for assault on two women and by August it was suspected he was being exploited by known criminals."

RIP to the victim.

Having read the family impact statements and sentencing remarks, it becomes apparent to me that as much as the loss of Ava was a wicked and dreadful crime it was committed by a young and troubled boy who at a tender age had life experiences and a lack of being given good direction that children should not.

I think it fair to say that he was also a victim, but he had a choice and Ava did not.

It has taken such a dreadful event to give this boy a chance to find the right direction and to make a positive difference. By all accounts he is doing well.

I'm torn with wanting him cast into hell for all eternity but if he eventually makes something positive of his life for the benefit of others and feels genuine remorse, then that is the best anyone can hope for and to some small degree would mean that some good came from Ava's loss.

All a bit profound I know.....these dreadful events never get any easier though.

Thankfully he was found guilty, because this was clearly a murder. I don't think he will end up truly remorseful, considering his repeated violent behavior, lack of respect for law enforcement, and behavior following the murder. But I do hope to be wrong, because he will be back out in society someday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back