Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Well-Known Member

They appeared to have a very strange set up, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were still close even after splitting up.

2. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Welcome MrsBrooks.

I agree in some respects - I think the original charge of joint enterprise murder was more appropriate, in that I think they planned this, but I don't think she physically committed the murder because I don't see how the timeline supports it. I don't think she would just say 'oh you killed my daughter Scott, okay, I've got her phone so I can send some texts to make out she's still alive.' It doesn't add up, IMO. It would be her chance to turn on him and get him out of her life, in prison.

3. Mammaalli

Mammaalli Well-Known Member

Wow, so trial starts yesterday and i got logged out of here and only just got back in. Ive been waiting for this for so long, I have been able to see what you are all thinking though. It is as we thought but it is still a shock. IMO they should still be up for joint enterprise. Scott new what he was going to do hense going to the garage before he collected B. They have been joint in everything since B's death. Put them both away for a very long time

4. CSIAngus

CSIAngus Well-Known Member

Not to mention voyeurism with the hidden cameras in the bedroom and bathroom.

5. Joey100

Joey100 Well-Known Member

I think bw put the cameras there so she could get evidence of what she said scw did to her. moo

Scorpiette and Marg from Oz like this.
  6. CSIAngus

That was allegedly in the games room.

Marg from Oz, Gibbo214 and Flicka1 like this.
  7. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

The pair of these will rot in jail and good riddance. The rucksack and phone records are key. The problem with lies are that they make less and less sense each time you hear them, whereas the truth can’t be debated.

sadly as I’m from this area, the fens are incredibly hard to locate folk. Cowbit is full of coppices, dykes, drains and marshes. They have only just found a ww2 battle tank in crowland and they knew exactly where they lost that!

8. Ayashley

Ayashley Well-Known Member

Hold up.. wasn't Sarah barely like 1 month post partum when Bernie went missing?

HayLouise, mrazda71 and Marg from Oz like this.
  9. Gibbo214

Gibbo214 Former Member

She may have been well aware of the abuse and let it go on.

Crazysaz, elliefant, Alyce and 6 others like this.
  10. CSIAngus

Yes.

HayLouise and Marg from Oz like this.
  11. Gibbo214

Gibbo214 Former Member

Is SW some really, really attractive person or is it that she has a good guaranteed income and a large house which attracts all these men?

Crazysaz, jash, whatawaster and 5 others like this.
  12. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

Was SaW at CC's house because her own place was considered a possible crime scene and under control by LE? Where were the kids just prior to her arrest?

Bogyo13, mrazda71 and Marg from Oz like this.
  13. Joey100

Joey100 Well-Known Member

Yes you are right. It says he planted the the cameras in the bedroom and bathroom.

Marg from Oz likes this.
  14. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

I wonder what reason they have given for their nocturnal outings, other than a possible 'no comment'? That they were out looking for her?

15. CSIAngus

Begs the question, did LE recover the footage filmed from these secret cameras? I'll bet they had some interesting digital storage to examine.

16. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

The Crown Court
    at Cambridge

Daily Courtroom List for Wednesday 16 June 2021
    FINAL 1

CAMBRIDGE

Court 1
    - sitting at 10:00 am

Mrs Justice McGowan

Trial (Part Heard)
    T20207197 WALKER Scott
    T1729420 WALKER Sarah

Marg from Oz likes this.
  17. CSIAngus

That wouldn't surprise me though it's a massive imagination stretch for anyone to accept that they didn't think daylight was a good time to search for BW and instead chose the 'dead of night' as a better bet.

jackal67, Flicka1 and Marg from Oz like this.
  18. Smithpanes

Smithpanes Well-Known Member

19. Ayashley

Ayashley Well-Known Member

From the above link

"Ms Wilding said: “The contents were examined, and they tell their own tale.

There were sanitary towels, a book for her overnight stay, spare clothes, headphones, make-up, a watch, a facemask and a notebook.

A note written by Bernadette was found in the notebook.

Ms Wilding said it read: “Told my mum about dad and the abuse. She called me a liar and threatened to kill me if I told police.”

The note continued: “What kind of parent wouldn’t believe their daughter. Its fine, I’m going to pretend it is all OK until I leave home, then I will block them out of my life.”

“If I was brave enough I probably would have already left or killed myself.”

Ms Wilding said: “It is a sad post script of the last thoughts of Bernadette Walker.”"

Soooo sad.

Crazysaz, Kasmeer, Snoopster and 18 others like this.
  20. HollyHunter9

HollyHunter9 Well-Known Member

Officers later went to search a lock up on Montagu Road in Peterborough, where Scott and Sarah Walker had been in the days after Bernadette was last seen aliveIn the lock up they found Bernadette’s rucksack.
    Ms Wilding said: “The contents were examined, and they tell their own tale.
    There were sanitary towels, a book for her overnight stay, spare clothes, headphones, make-up, a watch, a facemask and a notebook.
    A note written by Bernadette was found in the notebook.Ms Wilding said it read: “Told my mum about dad and the abuse. She called me a liar and threatened to kill me if I told police.”
    The note continued: “What kind of parent wouldn’t believe their daughter. Its fine, I’m going to pretend it is all OK until I leave home, then I will block them out of my life.”
    “If I was brave enough I probably would have already left or killed myself.”
    Ms Wilding said: “It is a sad post script of the last thoughts of Bernadette Walker.
    Poor Bernadette :( reading that notebook entry makes you want to give her a big hug, something her mum should of been doing! Totally let down by those who should've protected her the most. :mad:

Crazysaz, Kasmeer, Snoopster and 21 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.