Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he has pleaded not guilty, then surely she is going to do same? Unless she turns him over?

It is really sad for the older son who is constantly making pleas to his sister to get in touch. I don't know whether he truly believes she is still alive, or just a vain hope and feeling he is doing something.

So he has pleaded not guilty, then surely she is going to do same? Unless she turns him over?

It is really sad for the older son who is constantly making pleas to his sister to get in touch. I don't know whether he truly believes she is still alive, or just a vain hope and feeling he is doing something.
I wonder if he just found out that the fake messages from Bernadette went on for a month. If so I hope it's a wake up call for him, the poor lad. Maybe now he'll start putting pressure on his dad to fess up.

Yeah, that's what my money's on. Though I must admit I found the mum's card insincere and very cringe, with not a single appeal for her to come home. Makes me think she may indeed be involved to some degree, though I don't think she'd be covering for ScW as she's clearly not besotted with him.

Anyone else think this bares resemblances to the Louise Smith case. I just get the feeling the accused may have had some unrequited feelings for Bernie.

I agree I really think that this could be a sexual crime but I'd be interested in knowing more about her relationship with her stepdad. They seem fairly normal from the photos but obviously that means zilch.

So she gets out of the car with her stepdad and supposedly runs away, he was the last person to have seen her, and he wont speak about it. The parents had her phone. Then texts came from her phone. The parents needs to come clean, he's not going to outsmart anyone by the looks of it.

So she gets out of the car with her stepdad and supposedly runs away, he was the last person to have seen her, and he wont speak about it. The parents had her phone. Then texts came from her phone. The parents needs to come clean, he's not going to outsmart anyone by the looks of it.

I reckon he was a bit pervy with her and she finally got fed up and told him point blank to get lost or she would tell someone so he killed her in fear and anger. Maybe told the mum and she didnt tell anyone which is why she isnt being done for murder herself?

How did they think it would not be traced if they said she was missing yet used her phone to send messages from the home she was missing from.

I reckon he was a bit pervy with her and she finally got fed up and told him point blank to get lost or she would tell someone so he killed her in fear and anger. Maybe told the mum and she didnt tell anyone which is why she isnt being done for murder herself?

MOO

I think he was a bit more than pervy with her.

Bernie had to disappear or Stepdad was going to be in big trouble.

He's in worse trouble now though.

What goes around, comes around.

We shall see. I think it's extremely important to find Bernadette's body. Time is not on our side forensically at this point though.

Building on above thoughts, does this scenario work?

from ScW perspective.
- he’s killed her in fear of her leaking something, eg abuse (physical, sexual), maybe she’s pregnant by him, or she’s going to disclose something that affects their substantial benefits income;
- police have circumstantial evidence that he killed her, on balance of probabilities - cctv, social media evidence, times, dates etc.
- enough for a jury to convict - maybe yes.
- but he’s hidden the body well, and so long as it isn’t found, he’s covered up whatever else is there, either in associate crimes, motive or manner of death.
- better for him is to be found guilty by jury of a circumstantial no-body murder, life sentence, minimum term 20-something years, less if he can mitigate.
- if he pleads guilty, he’s still got life, but now has no excuse not to give up the location of the body, and expose himself to otherwise undiscovered offences.

from SaW perspective.
- she’s in it from the phone messages.
- she’s telling police she didn’t know, believed ScW version all along, hence has no idea where body is.
- police telling her that’s inconceivable, she must suspect, she must have knowledge of her location, and she must know what’s to hide.

Outcome - give her 4 more weeks to think about it.

IMO SaW has the key to unlock this, and I’m certain police / CPS are bargaining and applying pressure.

'In my opinion' it was something of a sexual nature with ScW and B was going to speak out. Highly possible B had told SaW. ScW would have denied it all but told SaW they would lose the other children if B was believed. Possibly when ScW arrived home without B SaW believed his story about B running out of the car ( back home later than he should have been as he was looking for her). Maybe SaW was swept along with the lies, either because she was already in too deep or was scared of losing the other children. Maybe SaW didn't know ScW was sending texts from B's phone (could he possibly be sending them from a different room in the house? ) . I am not siding with SaW, im just trying to think of different possibilities.
I was hoping B had run away and would be found, that changed when i heard she didn't have her phone with her. A teenagers phone is super glued to their hand 24/7. If she had run out of the car she would be holding it or it would have been in her pocket !!
Its all just very very sad.

That phone is really damning because if she had just gone as they stated from the car, she would no way have left her phone. For the parents to be in possession of it, never mind sending text messages from it, is highly suspicious in itself.

I agree with the theory that maybe he was abusing her sexually...or just really bad emotionally and physically and she’s reached the age where she was just sick of it. And I feel like Mom knew. But mom couldn’t full on kick him to the curb because she needed his help with the kids. This would leave Bernie feeling abandoned and frustrated. Compared to the other kids and the attention and care they got, Bernie was basically neglected. It must have been terrible having to be a care taker when you don’t want to be. I’m sure she loved her siblings but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to think “hey if you keep having sick kids maybe stop having kids and making us all suffer”....I think that the abuse from Scott coupled with Moms narcissism and neglect was making her want to run away and out them as monsters.
Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member