Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackal67

jackal67 Well-Known Member

OK. Just seems strange that he would be aware of the phone being traced on this occasion but not on others? Think you are right though if on this occasion he was disposing of the body and wanted to ensure the location could not be traced.

SLouTh, Marg from Oz and Amonet like this.

2. jackal67

No me either. Also he would not be privy to any evidence information relating to the case. BUT he said that his mother had told him this. If there is forensic evidence when could we expect it to be presented to the court? Not familiar with how trials work.

3. Sooty

Sooty Well-Known Member

Can anyone help shed light on the reason why they would have purchased another SIM card when they bought a top up voucher? For example could this signify that there was another phone in use, or another ‘account’ for a handset already in use? Forgive me my tech ignorance… are steps/ location/ calls etc saved by the SIM or by the handset?

4. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

We have only heard information relating to evidence from one witness so far. Much more to come,in my opinion.

ChloLo, Smithpanes, SLouTh and 7 others like this.
  5. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Forensic evidence is usually the last witness that the Prosecution will call, so hopefully we will hear this next week.

ChloLo, Smithpanes, SLouTh and 8 others like this.
  6. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

i did also wonder the part a new sim card would play

cant think of anything unless they were using it to create a fake call from BW...new number, friends phone type of scenario

SLouTh, Marg from Oz and jackal67 like this.
  7. JerricaBenton

JerricaBenton Well-Known Member

The Margaret Fleming case had no body and no DNA/blood evidence and they were convicted of killing her.

8. jackal67

Thanks. I will read up on this.

Marg from Oz and elliefant like this.
  9. jackal67

Thank you thats really helpful

10. Tanzanite

Tanzanite Well-Known Member

Re: DNA/blood evidence...this is a family member. They've been around each other for years. BW might have cut her finger at the garage. Her hairbrush might have fallen out of her bag when she chucked it into the back of the car. Two minor examples, but there will almost certainly be BW's DNA all over the car, etc. from family life. Of course, the quantity of any blood traces and any unusual features that cannot be explained by regular activities would form part of the case, one assumes.

My point (such as it is) is that DNA/blood evidence potentially has heavier lifting to do in a case of a minor family member and a possible scene/s of crime that BW had frequented previously and harmlessly (IF she did, all 100% speculation here).

11. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

12. Mrsengland

Mrsengland Active Member

55 mins is how long it would take to walk from town end of padholm road to the prison . 15 mins in a car

SLouTh, Marg from Oz, Amonet and 2 others like this.
  13. Homo Habilis

Homo Habilis Former Member

It's what you call a 'burner SIM', when you want to make an untraceable call from your phone. Use it once and chuck it away. They probably paid by cash.

14. Homo Habilis

Homo Habilis Former Member

Excellent work. I wish there was a way to pin this timeline.

15. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Not having much luck in this case with jurors.

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Trial not sitting today as juror taken ill

The Bernadette Walker murder trial will not be sitting today after a juror was taken ill on the way to court

The 11 other jurors in the case were told it was hoped the case would be able to restart tomorrow or Monday.

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Trial not sitting today as juror taken ill

16. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

This was posted by MsMiniSleuth at the end of the last thread, post #975

That says to me that B's body was left somewhere quite open. I'm sure SaW wasn't thinking about how her 'princess' was scared of the dark when she dumped her dead body hoping that no one would find it.

And considering how easily she lied to everyone and sent those fake text messages, if she was struggling to eat and sleep it was from fear of being found out, not that she was missing her 'princess'.

B wouldn't have had anything to fear from the police, either, but SaW would have!

Marg from Oz, Jowen, jackal67 and 7 others like this.
  17. MsMiniSleuth

I have to think that she is hiding at one of her friend's homes, worried about coming home now that the police will want to speak to her, I can't think of any alternative scenarios, I just can't.

Because she KNOWS what the real situation is, and it's like she is trying to block out what she has seen/really knows.

I know my baby girl wouldn't be out in the open. She's scared of being out in the dark alone, that's what makes me think she's at a friend's house.

Was this her subconscious talking, saying in effect BW's body wasn't outside somewhere, but in a house?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  18. MsMiniSleuth

Looks like they are intending court to sit tomorrow

The Crown Court
    at Cambridge

Daily Courtroom List for Friday 18 June 2021
    FINAL 1

CAMBRIDGE

Court 1
    - sitting at 11:00 am

Mrs Justice McGowan

Trial (Part Heard)
    T20207197 WALKER Scott
    T1729420 WALKER Sarah

19. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Cadaver dogs are definitely a thing here, along with other types of sniffer dogs, but I don't think they can alone give evidence in trial. If one leads to something like a dried pool of liquid and then forensic analysis can prove that liquid was related to the crime, then I think it would just be brought in as a sample found by forensics without mentioning the dog's part in it?

I am surprised there weren't even skin cells or something in the boot of ScW's car. I don't think we'd hear if a dog hit on the boot or anywhere else though.

I'm pretty sure they took dogs on the searches that were done in Cowbit.

20. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Thanks so much Tortoise!

I am thinking that the 11.06am to 12.54pm is when the murder happened.

I think it was planned (judging by SaW's actions and words around this time). So I am curious why Scott went to the lockup before picking up B? Could he have got heavy black sacks out or a really large sports bag? When the phone turns off is that when he murders her and bundles the body into something, maybe puts that in the boot. Turns the phone on once the body is hidden in the boot, and goes to McD's cos murder makes you hungry, sorry and then sends the hypothetical 'job done' phone call to SaW?

Could he have dumped the body, in a bag, on that trip while the phone was turned off and SaW didn't think the hiding place was good enough and they both went out on the midnight trip to move the body? Probably not...I don't normally go for 'moving the body' theories but I'm not so sure in this case and it depends more for me on whether the 'gps' details allow for a side trip to do that before the actual/final body dump to the empty middle-of-nowhere place that SaW is convinced the body won't be found.

I think that from what Merc said with the local knowledge, on the last thread, that Werrington was probably the location of the grass verge and alley where B 'ran off'. But as that never happened he just made it up because he knows there are places like that around there, so he couldn't say exactly where it was or find a place that matched his make-believe map of this imaginary area because it never existed and that is not where B ran away nor where she was murdered. I think it's just that he tried to think of something around Werrington as he knew that was a location he was definitely supposed to have been, and he wouldn't want to mention something from any of the other locations that he really did go and where the murder did happen, because he wouldn't want to 'lead' the police to those areas.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.