Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Builders sack, or perhaps one of those large ice/cooler bags.

Marg from Oz, Ayashley and Amonet like this.

2. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

Truly amazing timeline. The cell phone data pretty much confirms what’s happened. At a time when she first goes missing (alleged and last sighting) someone is resetting social media accounts, providing alibis and disputing serious claims in her name. She can’t possibly have been doing this or she would have the phone on her.

the subsequent trips are key. They may not have the body (and if it’s south lincs then sadly they won’t unless a complete fluke occurs) but I feel there’s more than enough circumstantial to throw them both inside for a long time

3. CSIAngus

CSIAngus Well-Known Member

If he strangled her in the back of the car he just needs a blanket. Then he drives into the garage.

4. Alternative Paradox

Alternative Paradox Well-Known Member

And of course,any of BW's DNA found on the back seat would be irrelevant as it's a family car so it would be expected.

5. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Just want to note that the timeline initially says ScW claimed B jumped out of the car in Skaters Way (which I think is Werrington?) but then a local media outlet a few days late says it was Skaters Avenue, Walton. Google maps says there isn't a Skaters Avenue.

Bluedaisy100 and Marg from Oz like this.
  6. Mandalas

Mandalas Well-Known Member

Hi All. I've been following this thread for a week or so having just picked up on the case recently; it's remarkable that it hasn't been covered more in the UK press before now.

I'm not so knowledgeable about the area, and as I know another sleuther is compiling a timeline, I've pulled together a rough map of the area around the lockup and the family home, and a second of the general radial area of Peterborough as far out as Spalding.

A = ScW's lockup, Montagu Road
    B = Selfie taken on corner
    C = Cell site Gunthorpe
    D = Was this the McDonald's ScW visited?
    E = Family home, Century Square

This is based on the timeline given in the recent Peterborough Telegraph article, [ETA: and doesn't include the grandparents place. Do we know the location of that? I'll update the map if so.]

Bernadette Walker murder trial: Phone data reveals dad’s early morning Mcdonalds trip after spending night out of house

Screenshot_20210617-184851~2.png Screenshot_20210617-184818~2.png

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  7. MsMiniSleuth

True, but also putting body in a bag means the body doesn't have to be felt, even under a blanket. Also, less likelihood of DNA escaping maybe? I think if I was planning to dispose of a body, I would want some sort of large holdall or case so I didn't have to see shape or feel limbs when carrying, plus more compact.

Amonet likes this.
  8. Alternative Paradox

Alternative Paradox Well-Known Member

OK, all this below comes from my own fevered imagination only, but postulates on what might have occurred.

Mods/admin – if this post or parts of it, is not allowed please delete with my apologies! I will learn, I promise.

Here I've been using Tortoise's most excellent timeline to look at the 12hours or so immediately following BW's collection by ScW.

My Own Observation - I will presume BW didn't have the slightest inkling there would be any trouble and was quite comfortable being collected by ScW

I think the period from 11.16 is where the actions that led to the potential ‘murder’ commenced. Certainly not prior to 11.06 when he departed his parents place with BW. ScW and BW then drive for 17mins until 11.23, the scenario I’m envisaging is of them having heated ‘discussions’ in the car, maybe getting too heated. Possibly ScW is just driving without actually concentrating on where he is driving to.

The car stops in Gunthorpe, [QUESTION:- do we have a location in Gunthorpe where the car stopped?] - maybe it has to physically stop as BW is trying to get out when car is moving (a postulated scenario again). The 410 ‘steps’ may in fact be ScW chasing after BW (grain of truth in every lie) [QUESTION:- can iPhone differentiate running from walking]. In my scenario ScW catches BW and makes sure she is back in the car, possibly injured or incapacitated. I don't see BW being killed in broad daylight, in public, so I would be fairly sure she was back in the car by 11.23.

Here, it is necessary to take either the heat-of-the-moment path or the pre-meditated path.

For the former, I’ll suggest ScW strangled her out of rage and that the subsequent phone call to SaW was a “oh my God what have I done?” type of call.

For the latter, and here I make another leap to say ScW picked up something from the lock-up that would allow him to temporarily at least, conceal a body, it would mean that BW was doomed from before 10.25 when ScW left home, with SaW accessing BW’s FB etc to commence the track covering.

12.50 ScW has his act sufficiently together to turn his phone back on. I am presuming ScW did not leave where he stopped in Gunthorpe between 11.23 and 12.54

After leaving Werrington’s MaccyD at 13.23 arrives at the lockup at 14.30 [QUESTION:- is this a reasonable travel time Werrington to Lockup?]

14.30 – Body and backpack transferred to lock-up. Whether heat-of-the-moment or pre-meditated, the cover up begins now.

18.16 - 18.30 - again laying some distraction by topping up BW's phone then using it to call SaW's phone (no voice?) trying to make it seem (to who, LE? surely not! Family then?) BW is ok and 'calling home'.

22.40 - 23.08 - at the lockup for SaW to confirm BW dead?

My Own Observation - If SaW IS innocent, this is the time, if no other, that I would have thought she would have had the absolute screaming ad-dabs and maybe turned on ScW.

02.36 to 06.35 - ScW is seeking out disposal site, specifically between 03.10 and 05.37 where, potentially, his phone was left out of the car in Ulldale Way so no phone pings to track him. He has realistically less than 24hrs to safely remove and relocate any body. Mind, if this is premeditated, a site may already been identified or knowledge of a 'good place'.

It would be interesting to know what kind of 'personality' ScW has with regards to coolness, planning abilities, corpse handling, maybe if it was a spur of the moment this he would have panicked?

Anyway, all this is IMO & MOO, make of it what you will. Hoping, if nothing else, we can help find BW

9. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Dbm

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  10. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

I was going to point this out too. Skaters way is a loop road full of grass verges and alleys/bike paths. Skaters Avenue is a residential street and not one you would expect someone doing that route to be on.

11. Ayashley

Ayashley Well-Known Member

I'm thinking some kind of chest cooler, they make them pretty large. And as I'm googling trying to find a picture of what I mean by chest cooler and I get an ad for this....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BV1YMN...&pd_rd_r=019de6f4-6a7a-4d73-9b2d-f1e93da2030a

Marg from Oz, Amonet and MsMiniSleuth like this.
  12. Homo Habilis

Homo Habilis Former Member

Once again, bravo, this is really terrific. What a star.

mrazda71, jackal67, SLouTh and 9 others like this.
  13. Ayashley

Am I correct with my math that 160 qts can carry 320 lbs or am I way off??

Marg from Oz and HollyHunter9 like this.
  14. Ayashley

Amazing timeline! Thank you so much for your hard work!! <3

15. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

The timeline is quite telling. 1.5 hours the phone goes off and in that time he’s not moved an inch in dogsthorpe. Whilst this is happening, someone where the girl couldn’t possibly be is accessing social accounts and setting an alternate story.

16. Mandalas

Mandalas Well-Known Member

What a brilliant timeline. I somehow missed this before, not sure how is as it is so standout! It must have come in while I was hovering and I missed an update. Thank you very much @Tortoise!

Marg from Oz, Tortoise, Skigh and 2 others like this.
  17. MsMiniSleuth

Marg from Oz and Ayashley like this.
  18. Homo Habilis

Homo Habilis Former Member

I sneakily took a pic of the police search at the lockups but can't find it. Might be on an older thread. But I have these which my mate took. He happened to be working at a house on Montagu Road at the time. Just for some elucidation, these are 100% the lockups / garages that are being referred to.

Attached Files:

19. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

20. worth2

worth2 Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.