Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey100

Joey100 Well-Known Member

2. Joey100

Joey100 Well-Known Member

I was looking to see if there were any suitcases too.

Amonet, Marg from Oz and worth2 like this.
  3. worth2

worth2 Active Member

An awful thought :(

4. Ayashley

Ayashley Well-Known Member

Ok I know that criminal investigations are never as they seem on tv, but come on, they've got to be more than THIS! Just one guy searching that whole thing?? It just looks like casually looking for stuff! Same when it came to the field searches, like people just casually poking around out there. Idk maybe the US is just more intense or something bc I've seen whole backyards and areaas dug up, to not even find anything before. Like ground penetrating radar! Isn't that a thing? I hope we hear of more technology being used to help find her.

5. CSIAngus

CSIAngus Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like there was much room to manoeuvre in there. I wouldn't think they had an electricity supply either so torches in the dead of night? I'm surprised no-one noticed the activity. Noise travels further at night, or perhaps we'll hear more about that later.

Amonet, Marg from Oz, worth2 and 3 others like this.
  6. Ayashley

Amonet and Marg from Oz like this.
  7. Ayashley

Marg from Oz likes this.
  8. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

They spent weeks looking for Bernie with whole teams of police searching. The areas where she possibly could be are vast.

9. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Just FYI the Timeline has now been linked in the first post of this thread, and that is a pinned post which will be carried over to any subsequent new threads.

10. CSIAngus

Marg from Oz and worth2 like this.
  11. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

That is good to hear.

12. Kasmeer

Kasmeer Well-Known Member

That timeline is fantastic, really tells the story! And really leaves me confused at why Sarah W is not on trial for conspiracy to murder, given the social media activity while BW is definitely still alive; it seems odd, to say the least, for anyone to be nosing around in someone else's accounts if they believe that person will have access to the accounts to notice the intrusion later. Much less odd if the person responsible knows the account owner is not going to ever find out. Also the speed of actions performed after the 9 minute phone call suggest prior knowledge of the murder; who could just send a text 10 seconds later if they weren't expecting such news?

Although, to perhaps answer my own question: there were a lot of people in that house, I assume including teenagers who'd be tech-savvy, so I guess there's no way to prove who actually accessed BW's accounts. Of course it seems very obvious who it was, but perhaps it's not strong enough evidence to justify the higher charge; the PCOJ charge is backed up by the phone movements after BW's (likely time of) death, but there's nothing other than the timings and our assumptions to confirm the social media actions were by SaW. Which is really really frustrating, I wish the charge had been offered anyway, let the jury decide if it's sufficient or not.

13. CSIAngus

I'm still a bit confused by Uldale Way.

From the Peterborough Telegraph 17th June:

[Early hours of Sunday 19th] At 3.08am, eight steps were recorded on Scott’s phone, and the phone was connected to a cell site in Gunthorpe for almost two hours and 20 minutes, from 3.06am until 5.23am. [so 2 mins after the car stops, he walks a short distance from the car]

Ms Wilding said GPS data put Scott’s phone in the vicinity of Ulldale Way for that period - and he returned to the lock up garage at 5.37am

"...what we do say is it may have been a time when Scott Walker was able to dispose of the body.”

Looking from the air and Google street view, that's a residential area of houses and gardens. A body could only be disposed of there if he had access to a property in that vacinity. I can't find any reference to one. So why was he there at all? Sleeping in the car? 8 steps for a pee?

14. Bethan

Bethan Well-Known Member

Thank you Tortoise….that is much appreciated!

solar, Alyce, Legally Bland and 3 others like this.
  15. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Could he have hidden his mobile somewhere whilst he went somewhere else?

CSBR, Amonet, jackal67 and 5 others like this.
  16. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

that’s more local knowledge of the area. The fens have pumping stations to prevent flooding, it does mean that there are certain hotspots where stuff that’s entered the water (welland, coronation canal) tend to show up. Pode hole and pinchbeck are pretty grim for dead birds etc washing up. For nene you would look towards Stanground.

however, and I think we need to accept this, it’s going to be near impossible to find someone. Look on google earth at all the dykes, ditches, coppices, hedgerows and farm paths. The area is vast, boggy and ever changing. Some of those places would have flooded half a dozen times since this happened.

Amonet, Ayashley, Alyce and 5 others like this.
  17. Cynicalfish

Cynicalfish Active Member

Can you post a map of Skaters Ave as i cant find one, ive never heard of one and i have lived here for 30 odd years. I know where Skaters way is. Thanks

Amonet and Marg from Oz like this.
  18. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Let's hope there's a full house of jurors today, and yesterday's sick one is recovered.

MerBeach, Amonet, Ruthbullock and 4 others like this.
  19. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

The Crown Court
    at Cambridge

Daily Courtroom List for Friday 18 June 2021
    FINAL 1

CAMBRIDGE

Court 1
    - sitting at 11:00 am

Mrs Justice McGowan

Trial (Part Heard)
    T20207197 WALKER Scott
    T1729420 WALKER Sarah

Amonet, worth2 and Marg from Oz like this.
  20. Mrsengland

Mrsengland Active Member

There is no skaters avenue - 100%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.