Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Homo Habilis

Homo Habilis Former Member

I took some pics though can't remember if I posted them on here. The building is closed off by a fence (hopefully we're talking about the same building). I'll try dig the pics out to help illucidate what we're describing.

2. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

It looks from the signage that there is a cycle path there, going under the A15. Also there is a cctv warning sign on the nearby lamp post. I wonder if he gave that location because he saw that sign and thought his car might have been caught on camera parked there.

He could have left her body there temporarily, hidden among trees, and used a plastic covering in the car when he moved her.

3. MeganS

MeganS Active Member

i believe so! I’m going to drive up there later on and although I won’t stop and venture in I’ll try and get some photos too,

It’s like two different buildings it looks like

jackal67, Marg from Oz and MIdge28 like this.
  4. MeganS

MeganS Active Member

I was going to ask actually is it possible she could have been transported in the car dead but with something to cover the scent to avoid the detection? Or would the dogs have been able to smell through that regardless

Marg from Oz, mspuurfect and Tortoise like this.
  5. Jessv

Jessv Member

Didn't the round up from @helenvic last week confirm that the skaters way never happened, as in he wasn't even in that area after picking her up?

6. Tortoise

rsbm

The police went to see him on September 9th. I think this must be when they asked for Bee's bag.

They had been to see CO'C the day before, and he'd shown them text messages he received on the 18th. They probably saw the text from Sarah on 18th telling him Bee's bag was in the car!

I can't explain them asking for her bag otherwise, and they'd already searched her bedroom on July 22nd, so I'm sure he put it in the lock-up right away, and moving it to decorate was just another lie.

Bluedaisy100, Becky53, Alyce and 6 others like this.
  7. Homo Habilis

Yeah, that's what I made of it.

8. Tortoise

I think things like thick plastic could definitely be a barrier to decomposition odour transferring onto other surfaces, especially if the body was not stored there for long then the decomposition process would have barely started. It's different from if the dogs actually find the body wrapped in plastic, I think they would be able to detect it then.

MOO

9. helenvic

helenvic Well-Known Member

It was stated by the prosecutor that the phone data showed that ScW couldn't possibly have been at Skaters Way at the time he claimed.

10. Tortoise

I think it's not that far from the McDonalds/Esso at Glinton, so his car must have driven in that area at some point that day to get there. It could be that the prosecutor was referring to the time after his phone was disconnected, after the steps, when he has admitted driving out to the Fens.

Bluedaisy100, Becky53, Alyce and 2 others like this.
  11. SaintMoore

SaintMoore Well-Known Member

Are they in court today?

Marg from Oz likes this.
  12. Homo Habilis

13. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

I think we are starting to see how futile any searches are as their stories are inconsistent and confused. Even when they are making up silly excuses, they don’t match the actual evidence provided.

14. Homo Habilis

I admire the conviction of those wanting to search but as you say, details are way too scant.

15. Resident71

Resident71 Active Member

Police were actually searching the blue mark (not sure how far they went). When I witnessed them they were definitely around there. Their van even parked where the red car is. I also couldn’t tell you when they were searching it but I 100% remember them doing it. Also a lot of paraphernalia for some sort of party nearby too.

Quick edit: I think the question has to be: how much did he plan it out, did he intentionally pick her up from his parents with the intention of ending her life so callously. How far ahead did he plan? He’s got extremely lucky so far or he’s incredibly clever. I think the former.

Attached Files:

16. jackal67

jackal67 Well-Known Member

Do we know if court is on tomorrow yet?

Marg from Oz likes this.
  17. CSIAngus

CSIAngus Well-Known Member

Interesting area at the end of Skaters Way. It's on a public cycle route and footpath, which I would imagine being popular with dog walkers and kids hanging out. Would this be considered part of Gunthorpe in terms of the phone mast though? The prosecution appear to believe Skaters Way was a lie and that they were never there. Unless I've read that wrong.

18. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

The problem without solid data of where he was is that there’s a lot of places like this sadly. That would be one of the first places I would check and I can see why the police were there, but it’s not the suspicious looking around here. These places used to be farming areas until Peterborough gobbled them up and the parkways were built!

Marg from Oz likes this.
  19. MIdge28

MIdge28 Well-Known Member

Yes - due to start at 10am - I’ll be there!

Bluedaisy100, CSBR, Becky53 and 21 others like this.
  20. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

The Crown Court
    at Cambridge

Daily Courtroom List for Wednesday 14 July 2021
    FINAL 2

CAMBRIDGE

Court 1
    - sitting at 10:00 am

Mrs Justice McGowan

Trial (Part Heard)
    T20207197