Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

2. Scorpiette

Scorpiette Well-Known Member

They are asking ScW about the phone call Saw made, I get why they're asking Scott, but surely they need to ask Sarah directly too, since she made the phone call?

3. Jessv

Jessv Member

jackal67, Marg from Oz and Scorpiette like this.
  4. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Both as bad as each other. Both blatantly lied right from the start. What parent does that when their child is missing? If you were not involved you would naturally do all you could to help police find them, not turn out one untruth after another

5. jackal67

jackal67 Well-Known Member

He will not be in general population in prison but will be in the vulnerable prisoners wing with other sex offenders etc. However he has not been charged with any sexual offences and highly unlikely to admit to any IMO

Ruthbullock and Marg from Oz like this.
  6. jackal67

Sarah hasn't taken the stand yet. I am sure they will ask her when it's her turn. Unless she decides not to give evidence of course. I do believe that Sarah was the mastermind in all this though, the 'brains ' behind the whole phone and messaging plan. JMO

7. Bogyo13

Bogyo13 Well-Known Member

I am honestly surprised about the fact that he's so easily crying and breaking down and he still hasn't confessed.
    I would think that having LE question him for hours on end saying it will be all over the news, think about the other kids, Bea needing a funeral and so on would get to him.
    I was really hoping he broke and would tell all when first he had that meltdown.
    JMO but I feel LE is letting Bea down massively MOO and my heart is breaking for her.

8. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz Well-Known Member

He said he had remembered things. He then went to sleep and forgot them all again. MOO

9. Gooner666

Gooner666 Well-Known Member

this is incorrect only witnesses called are not allowed in to court to hear until they have given their evidence

defendants & co defendants are allowed as they must be allowed to hear so they can fairly challenge a witnesses account

10. Gooner666

nope because he has denied murdering her and said he hasn’t nurseries her.

mid they had found a body and burial site they could ask him did he dig it etc etc but as this is a no body murder indictment and he has said he hasn’t murdered here and then they cannot. It would be seen as “badgering” them.

Otherwise if they could they would ask him about his favourite pastimes and then turn around and go “where did you bury her or murder here” to catch them off guard

Marg from Oz and Scorpiette like this.
  11. Smithpanes

Smithpanes Well-Known Member

12. Smithpanes

Smithpanes Well-Known Member

13. Gooner666

I cannot see her evidence being as long as his but also the defence doesn’t have to call her as is their right. It’s unlikely they will call her, she he already admitted to the police she lied so I don’t see why she has gone not guilty anyway. Her defence team will know this so it’s unlikely they will call her incase she puts her foot in it and actually breaks and says we did do it and she cops a murder charge on the indictment from her evidence in chief. No point the defence putting her at risk copping a murder charge due to her evidence

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  14. Gooner666

If both are found guilty she will not get life, she will be looking at a good 8 years plus as her perverting the course of justice was in relation to a murder. I cannot recall one case in the UK that has ever got a life sentence for PTCOJ even though that’s th me maximum tariff

15. aeaea

aeaea Active Member

He’s crying because it’s going to be in the papers, people will know he’s a nonce, he’s not crying from guilt or regret IMO, just the realisation that he’s going to have a very bad time, and none of it is really his fault (in his own head).

Narcissists are only concerned with how something affects them, there’s no empathy there. I’d venture as far as saying SaW is the same - all tears over how it’s not her fault, blaming BW for putting the family through this and framing BWs disclosure of SA as a lie without even apparently thinking about it.

I really hope they both go down for life and the children are given some chance at establishing what ‘normal’ looks like, cos this ain’t it.

16. jackal67

But doesn't that give the second person called to the stand an advantage. SaW was definitely not in court last week when ScW

Marg from Oz and Scorpiette like this.
  17. Gooner666

As I just said and as one of the Cambridge news links just reported says they aren’t calling her

Bluedaisy100 and Marg from Oz like this.
  18. Gooner666

Not really because you can recall witnesses and if the second persons account changes then that can also be challenged

Marg from Oz and jackal67 like this.
  19. MIdge28

MIdge28 Well-Known Member

Just got home - will write out the report soon - the Telegraph is pretty accurate though. Just wanted you to know SaW is NOT giving evidence!

20. Gooner666

Anyone else have issue with Stephen Briggs the PT reporter who couldn’t be bothered to go and report last week and he said in his Twitter account yesterday that the court hasn’t sat this week nor for some of last week as to why there hasn’t been any articles

he was called out for lying about this yesterday and has now protected his tweets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.