Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIAngus

CSIAngus Well-Known Member

2. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

I raised this concern last week. A lot of circumstantial electronic data and some strange activity. A very weak case if he’s not going to incriminate himself

Marg from Oz and Scorpiette like this.
  3. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Just from memory ( there are plenty of others )

Peter Falconio
    Sarah Wellgreen
    Helen McCourt
    Linda Razzell
    Margaret Fleming
    April Jones

4. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

four accounts of perverting the course of justice and covering a murder would be a life sentence. If she can convince them she was afraid, threatened, being pressured and believed scw that she had run away (as a mother of 9) they may give a suspended sentence as she’s been in jail for a year already.

I think that’s the plan

Bluedaisy100 and Marg from Oz like this.
  5. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

wow! This guy is either the worse liar or the most unlucky person ever. The horses is a weird touch. It is a detail that has been added needlessly and may be quite telling. Off the top of my head I can only think of the stables at peakirk. It stood out as something he’s clinging to

6. MIdge28

MIdge28 Well-Known Member

They did but guess what? He couldn’t remember!

7. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

but she has chosen not to give evidence, so that removes her opportunity to convince the jury of anything.

8. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Thanks very much MIdge28 for the great report.

I found it quite amusing that Scott thought Sarah’s tiktoks were making her famous...I doubt anyone who has watched even 5 minutes of them would agree with his assessment.

9. Gooner666

Gooner666 Well-Known Member

the jury are asked to arrive at a decision based on facts sometimes the less said the better, it’s for the prosecution to prove not for her to convince otherwise

Marg from Oz and Sooty like this.
  10. Bluebear15

Bluebear15 Active Member

The trials for the murders of Margaret Fleming, Suzanne Pilley and Arlene Fraser were all no body trials. All the accused found guilty. There was also no forensic evidence provided for the Margaret Fleming trial.

11. Sooty

Sooty Well-Known Member

Thanks @MIdge28 - can I ask how his character comes across in court? Some of his answers come across as ‘I can’t be bothered’ but it has been mentioned previously that he comes across as calm and compliant. Just wondering what impression the jurors are actually left with.

12. RusselSprout

RusselSprout Well-Known Member

Thanks @Alyce for reminding me of the fairly recent Margaret Fleming bodyless murder conviction. I'm reminded of some similarities between the cases namely the accused sending comms pretending to be the victim to try and cover their tracks.

The jury will see through all their lies, GUILTY all day long.

And edited to add big thanks for the report @MIdge28

13. jackal67

jackal67 Well-Known Member

Sadly I agree.

Marg from Oz likes this.
  14. Tanzanite

Tanzanite Well-Known Member

Can the prosecuting counsel still question her, even if SaW declines to give evidence?

And huge thanks Midge28 for the report of today's events. Really appreciate your hard work - enjoy that wine!

15. MIdge28

MIdge28 Well-Known Member

Today I felt he was mostly pretending to not understand anything. A few times he referred to himself as stupid. He really didn’t like the female prosecutor outwitting him and would mutter to himself. Last time I saw him being questioned by the defence he was very poor me whereas today he was a bit more argumentative.
    Edited to say this was all after his ‘breakdown’ early on when he was shaking . I thought he made a remarkable recovery!

16. mspuurfect

mspuurfect NOTSOPUURFECT

The horses thing is probably pretty true (more leakage), may not be stables could just be a field with a couple of horses. They also mentioned McDonalds, I still think that was the excuse he used to perhaps take BW in that direction in the first place. Out of interest can anyone tell me whats behind these gates?

Google Maps

17. Gooner666

Gooner666 Well-Known Member

No, it’s the defendants decision whether they give evidence or not, normally advised by counsel. All they can do is re read out their interviews or statements of fact like here they are are on cctv at such and such time wearing this and that these were the same clothing witness #14 saw etc

18. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

No, there is nothing they can do if she chooses not to go into the witness box...other than point out to the jury that she has declined to give evidence.

19. Tanzanite

Tanzanite Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying.

Marg from Oz and Gooner666 like this.
  20. Beckxsy

Beckxsy Well-Known Member

Also the amount of time they are on remand is then doubled and taken off their sentance. So if for example saw gets 3 years , she has spent so far 10 months on remand. So 20 months will be taken from her sentance. Also if sentanced to 3 years they only do half the sentance which would be 1.5 years. Therefore she could actually walk out of court for time spent.
    Please forgive me if what I'm quoting is wrong.

jackal67, Marg from Oz and SaintMoore like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.