Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIAngus

CSIAngus Well-Known Member

The phone remained in the vacinity of Uldale Way in the early hours of the 19th. It has been speculated by some on this thread, including me, that the Harrier car park or adjacent Spar car park, would fit with this desciption, but it could equally be in the street. I can't recall what ScW said about this when asked what he was doing, other than reading about horse racing and sleeping. The family all seem to use expensive iphones. Why leave your iphone in the bushes when you can leave it safely locked inside your car? This is why I speculate that he was on foot.

2. jackal67

jackal67 Well-Known Member

But why would she lose any of her children? She should have stuck by Bee sent ScW to stay with his parents not Bee. Supported her with her complaint to the police like any Caring decent Mother would have done. With ScW out of the house out of the family home there would be no reason to remove any of the children.

3. jackal67

Great news. Thank you

Marg from Oz and MIdge28 like this.
  4. Resident71

Resident71 Active Member

They were searching a lot around Gunthorpe and Werrington. I’m not sure how you’re saying they haven’t searched anywhere really, I know lots of people who had them in different areas who have seen them too.
    When you say sidings what sidings are you referring to, I have a friend who works on the railway and I’ve asked him and he said around Peterborough there is a few sidings that can’t be accessed by the public.

Legally Bland and Marg from Oz like this.
  5. mrazda71

mrazda71 Human bean

You say that as though it's as easy as pie to do with 9 kids including some with disabilities and a newborn baby.

I'm not saying that how it panned out was in any way normal or the right thing to do but your idea of what you would do in her situation isn't based on lived experience ...

6. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Becky53, Tortoise, SpursGyal and 7 others like this.
  7. CSIAngus

The phone remained in the vacinity of Uldale Way in the early hours of the 19th. It has been speculated by some on this thread, including me, that the Harrier car park or adjacent Spar car park, would fit with this desciption, but it could equally be in the street. I can't recall what ScW said about this when asked what he was doing, other than reading about horse racing and sleeping. The family all seem to use expensive iphones. I bought a reconditioned old iphone version 5 or 6 for my youngest who does TikTok and that was £95. Why leave your iphone in the bushes when you can leave it safely locked inside your car? This is why I speculate that he was on foot. How far could he travel on foot and bury a body in the dark and rain in 2hours and 17 minutes setting off and returning to near Uldale Way?

8. Jessv

Jessv Member

Timings are everything really. You'd think shops with car parks are likely to have CCTV, but CCTV is probably only backed up for a little while, you'd think it would have picked him up but how likely would this of been checked before arrest?

Becky53 and jackal67 like this.
  9. jackal67

I really don't understand what you mean? How difficult is it to support your daughter ? She managed to find the time to get herself a new boyfriend, compose all those fake messages, change passwords on Bees phone ,go off on late night drives, lie to police etc etc. Was all that as easy as pie? Poor Bee even had to tell her about the abuse over text messages as her Mother was staying at the boyfriends house!! Most peoples lived experience would not involve covering up their daughters Murder!! However many children they had.

10. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

it’s flooded now due to that storm last Friday. I think that may be the main area the more this drags on, but we know both times he headed out to the fens (the Saturday morning and Sunday night).

jackal67 likes this.
  11. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

I have to disagree on the searches. They have done some but compared to other missing person cases, this is shamefully bad. Admittedly it’s a large area but they have made very few efforts in my opinion. I would like to think if my lad went missing, I got more than this

12. CSIAngus

How do we know he headed out to the Fens during either of those times?

Marg from Oz likes this.
  13. mrazda71

mrazda71 Human bean

You said 'she should have' done xyz - yes obviously she 'could' have but she didn't and just because you think you would do xyz doesn't mean everyone else is able to.

RBBM For me? Not difficult at all.
    For you? I've no idea just as you have no idea what was going through Sarah's mind at the time.

Potentially lack of sleep and postpartum may have clouded her judgment.

I'd be very surprised if that wasn't used in mitigation by her defense and I fully expected her to take the stand and plead this herself for the charges she's already admitted guilt for.

SaintMoore and Marg from Oz like this.
  14. Alternative Paradox

Alternative Paradox Well-Known Member

...because then he would have full mobility to go where he needed/wanted - it would have hugely expanded his options for that 2h17m. It depends if his primary drivers were with disposing of BW or the safety of his iPhone, but the fact the phone never moved, imo, suggests he was fully aware of iPhone tracking and, being driven by the need to dispose of BW, made sure he wasn't tracked. Why limit your options by having to walk? Worse still, carry 'disposal equipment' as well. JMO

15. Alternative Paradox

Alternative Paradox Well-Known Member

Didn't this come out during one of the court sessions? I can remember saying "well, that's new evidence" - can't remember when it was though :confused:

MrsBrooks, Tortoise and jackal67 like this.
  16. Lucy6226

Lucy6226 Well-Known Member

Here is the problem....SaW probably didn't want ScW to leave the house, or that's what would have happened. Who would help her look after all the kids? Not all mother's have that same basic instinct to protect their children and put them first sadly :( MOO

17. CSIAngus

Just because he was able to drive anywhere in an hours radius of the town doesn't mean that he did. Phone off and on in Gunthorpe Saturday lunchtime when BW disappears; phone doesn't move from Gunthorpe in the early hours of Sunday morning. Gunthorpe is standing out to me. He himself said that he stayed in the car reading and sleeping in the early hours of Sunday morning which I take as his explanation for why his car might be seen there for the whole time. It was dark and raining - if anyone actually saw anybody out walking in those conditions would they notice a spade under their raincoat? He doesn't need more than that.

Fortune Cookie and Marg from Oz like this.
  18. dunkley

dunkley "Coincidence doesn't exist"

19. MissMarbles

MissMarbles Active Member

When you say sidings what sidings are you referring to, I have a friend who works on the railway and I’ve asked him and he said around Peterborough there is a few sidings that can’t be accessed by the public.[/QUOTE]

By sidings I mean the areas next to railway lines, and am particularly thinking of maybe the areas where it's possible to cross over by car or on foot, or maybe the area below a railway bridge or similar. I suppose it depends also what areas of track have had maintenance over the last year, would like to think workers would spot anything unusual.

(I think my quoting of your post went slightly wrong Resident71, apologies I'm still getting used to how this site works)

Marg from Oz and jackal67 like this.
  20. MissMarbles

MissMarbles Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.