GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Discussion in 'Trials' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Yes, that is likely. I think some will still be doubtful until she is actually found.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    tmar, Marg from Oz and jackal67 like this.

2. jackal67

jackal67 Well-Known Member

I don't think they will ever reveal where she is. Remember they both plead not guilty so will probably appeal.MOO

tmar and Marg from Oz like this.
  3. Kangsul

Kangsul Active Member

its reassuring to know that the police aren't going to stop looking for B now that ScW and SaW have been found guilty.

tmar, Marg from Oz, elliefant and 5 others like this.
  4. Gooner666

Gooner666 Well-Known Member

There is no way he will reveal anything, he didn’t even drop SaW in it, I don’t think she will either so as not to incriminate herself

tmar, Marg from Oz, elliefant and 2 others like this.
  5. SaintMoore

SaintMoore Well-Known Member

Its really awful.
    I wish appeals could be done very quickly, to speed up to the time when they know they're f**Ed, so may aswell confess.
    Dragging out the family's pain of not knowing where she is should carry extra charges.

tmar and jackal67 like this.
  6. Gooner666

Is it though ? Their searching was poor, they still treated it as a missing persons investigation with all the information at hand of sexual abuse etc etc it wasn’t until the combined police force major crimes unit took over that they said it was a no body murder and arrested them months later

tmar, Marg from Oz and jackal67 like this.
  7. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Sorry to interrupt the flow, I've only just seen the verdict. :D

If the police had charged them both with murder the jury's job would have been much easier, that's all. It's harder to accept she only found out after the fact, imo. Well done jury.

8. Tortoise

"Sarah Walker had pleaded guilty to the other two counts, but she will not be sentenced for her guilty pleas, as she was found guilty of the more serious charges.

Both will be sentenced on September 10.

Judge Maura McGowan said she needed reports on Sarah Walker ahead of sentencing.

She told the jury: “The sentence for murder is life imprisonment. The sentencing for Sarah Walker will be measured in months and <<<years>>>, and I need as much information as possible before I sentence her."

BREAKING: Sarah Walker guilty of perverting the course of justice in Bernadette Walker murder trial

9. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

September 10 sentencing date. Hope they are long. I wonder if she will get less for time already served on remand and leniency as a 'mother'?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2021
    HayLouise, tmar, whatawaster and 3 others like this.
  10. MIdge28

MIdge28 Well-Known Member

YES!!!!!

hellobear, tmar, Marg from Oz and 3 others like this.
  11. MIdge28

MIdge28 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed I can go to court for sentencing!

12. Tortoise

[​IMG]

Stephen Briggs

@PTstephenB

There was an interesting side note at the start of the trial - something that could have meant we were not able to cover the trial at all, but PA and ourselves approached the court to make sure we could.

Basically, as you maybe aware, if anyone makes allegations they have been sexually abused, they are given automatic life long anonymity. In this case, Bernadette had made those allegations, and would be entitled to that anonymity.

The defence case was that she was still alive, and would still be entitled to that anonymity. When we approached the judge, the court said it was a situation that no-one had come across before. If the judge had agreed with the defence that until a guilty verdict...

came in on murder, Bernadette should be treated as being alive, we would effectively not have been able to report the case. However, the judge said we were able to report that aspect of the case.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions about the case, or our coverage, please email or drop me a dm. We've got a couple more bits heading online - they'll either go online today or tomorrow.

-----

13. Tanzanite

Tanzanite Well-Known Member

SO relieved at these verdicts. I feel the trial judge did a good job directing the jury and was obviously mindful of the pressure on them.

Does anyone know what kind of reports are needed to sentence SaW? Can the judge still direct the CPS to consider joint enterprise, or is that potential charge closed now as sentencing underway?

Vile, evil pair. That diary entry is absolutely heartbreaking.

hellobear, tmar, cherryautumn and 9 others like this.
  14. Smithpanes

Smithpanes Well-Known Member

15. jackal67

jackal67 Well-Known Member

I wonder what sort of reports and information she is looking for.? Hope it is nothing that will reduce her sentence!!

hellobear, tmar, Marg from Oz and 3 others like this.
  16. Kasmeer

Kasmeer Well-Known Member

What a relief to see the verdicts! I never had any doubt about ScW but SaW was closer, as seen by the majority verdict. I'm still annoyed the conspiracy to murder charge was dropped; perhaps there wasn't enough evidence if they couldn't all agree on PCOJ, but it should've been tried and placed in the hands of the jury IMO, seeing as the trial was taking place anyway, it's not like it would've wasted time or funds. I find it implausible that she didn't at least know in advance what the plan would be, given the social media activity timings, but oh well, I just hope she gets a reasonably heavy sentence on what she has been found guilty of.

I really feel for the rest of the children in that family, losing first their sister and now both parents (temporarily in SaW's case, but I'd very much hope she's never allowed custody again, and preferably cut off entirely), I hope they get plenty of help to cope with it.

hellobear, tmar, badgersmythe and 7 others like this.
  17. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Well-Known Member

Brilliant news that Sarah has been found guilty too!
    I wish they would reveal the location of her body, but I can't imagine they will.

HayLouise, hellobear, tmar and 8 others like this.
  18. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

19. Gooner666

now the PT have reported on SaW being found guilty and the trial is over and they’ve disabled comments on the story what clowns

tmar and jackal67 like this.
  20. Comfusedpineapple

Comfusedpineapple Active Member

I was just going to ask if the public gallery was open for sentencing, think I might try and get there too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.