GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Discussion in 'Trials' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhippetOut

WhippetOut Member

Marg from Oz likes this.

2. WhippetOut

WhippetOut Member

Scott may have convinced her that she was safe somewhere. Sarah went along with it but had her doubts, she said so to COC, and contacted the police way earlier than was necessary considering we were in lockdown, though she still lied to them. It's odd behavior.

3. MIdge28

MIdge28 Well-Known Member

I’m hoping to go to the sentencing so will let everyone know how they react to that.

4. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

She contacted them "way earlier than was necessary "?

Is this your personal opinion?

In my opinion, she contacted them much later than a loving parent would have done.

5. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

I am going to predict he'll cry self pity tears like a baby and she will be cold as ice.

6. KarenUK

KarenUK Well-Known Member

And why would the lockdown make a difference?

7. worth2

worth2 Active Member

I took it to mean that no one but the parents and other children would know she was missing so she could have left it later to report. But I don’t think she really could have left it any later, already raised suspicions by leaving it those couple of days

8. KarenUK

I don't know - in July lockdown was easing, people were beginning to go out again and meet up outside. Even so, her friends would have noticed her absence from social media, and when they finally did report her missing they couldn't have lied about the date she was last seen without her siblings noticing the inaccuracy... And also her lack of mobile phone history would have flagged up as inconsistent.

9. Summer80

Summer80 Member

Omg.. that call is so damning.. sat for 3 days wondering where you're daughter is.. would you not have already asked yourself these questions over and over and not need to cough and say erm whilst you think...and the fact she dropped in her son isn't a reliable source!!! Sorry if already mentioned just catching up and that angered me

10. jackal67

jackal67 Well-Known Member

he isn't her step father as ScW and SaW are n
    Well the Jury decided she was. They would have heard and seen far more evidence than we and were much better equipped to make that decision.

11. dunkley

dunkley "Coincidence doesn't exist"

I had a trip out today.
    Along the A15, past Glinton, McDonald's, the Barn Garden Centre, and all along the A47 to Kings Lynn and beyond.
    I was struck by how dense the shrubs, hedging and trees are, bordering the roads.
    And I was reminded just how vicious the currents are in the Nene, that runs directly by the side of the road, right out to The Wash.
    All I kept thinking, that whole way, was "Where are you, Bernadette?"

12. WhippetOut

WhippetOut Member

I agree a sensible parent wouldn't have waited and lied, but it doesn't mean she thought her daughter was dead, just safely away. IMO

Marg from Oz likes this.
  13. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Why would she invent places she was staying at? And fabricate messages from Bee asking to stay with her gran?

14. WhippetOut

WhippetOut Member

I don't know. Just stating that in my opinion I am not convinced that she knows B is dead even now.
    Will be interesting to hear the other information at sentencing.

15. KarenUK

But she doesn't know she is safe. She has Bernadette's phone (and has already sent messages to Bernadette's friends pretending to be her) so has no contact with her. Even if you believe her version of events you have to believe that she thought that Bee fled the car without her bag, money or phone - even the most laid back parents would think "Oh well, she's ran away before, she must be safe"

Sooty, Kasmeer, Marg from Oz and 8 others like this.
  16. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Safely away ? with no phone, no money, no extra clothes - and no access to her Facebook or other social media accounts, because her mother had changed the passwords on them, while Bernadette was - allegedly - being driven home by Scott. Yep, very safe.

mspuurfect, elliefant, Jowen and 20 others like this.
  17. Resident71

Resident71 Active Member

One thing must be asked.

If Sarah wasn’t aware of what was to happen. Why did she reset passwords to Bernadette’s phone while she was at her grandparents.

18. Resident71

Resident71 Active Member

I
    Ive said this across multiple threads, it’s so difficult to try and look for someone if they were missing even for a week let alone this long. Michael Smith who they found last year was missing for 10 months until his body was found (albeit different circumstances entirely).

Marg from Oz likes this.
  19. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

It’s my route to and from deeping daily. It’s needle in haystack stuff. Could be literally anywhere. It’s why I kept arguing that no grave was needed, as it’s all dykes, ditches, quarries, coppices and lakes. It floods. It changes.

I originally thought more towards crowland, but after seeing the evidence in court, that night trip was to discard the phone and push the blame on the friend out there. I think it was all done that Morning just after pick up. I am leaning towards peakirk due to the horse slip, but even then that’s a blind stab

mspuurfect, dunkley, Bogyo13 and 3 others like this.
  20. SaintMoore

SaintMoore Well-Known Member

If I remember rightly we figured the password changing was likely done because you have to change a password to gain access to accounts when you don't know the current password.
    So that was just to gain access to the accounts, to begin posing as B.

The act of falsely impersonating B could be done because she knew b wouldn't be around anymore to say otherwise.

But the act of 'changing someone's passwords' alone, who you want to stop saying certain things to friends isn't necessarily knowledge of impending murder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.