GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats fair enough. Glad your friend got Justice eventually. However you have been posting that you thought SaW was not guilty without giving any reasons except you did not believe the evidence? Now you are saying that she is probably guilty of everything and ScW too. It would just be interesting if you gave your reasons as most of us do here on websleuths.
Coercive control is very powerful and Sarah may have been convinced by Scott that B hasn't been harmed. The social media manipulation doesn't prove anything despite it being very suspicious.

It's frustrating that we haven't heard and seen everything the jury has.

Coercive control is very powerful and Sarah may have been convinced by Scott that B hasn't been harmed. The social media manipulation doesn't prove anything despite it being very suspicious.

It's frustrating that we haven't heard and seen everything the jury has.
I genuinely believe if there was any signs of coercive control- the police when questioning would have been all over that fact with specially trained officers empathising with SW and aiming to support her in knowing it wasn’t her fault. The fact that she still hasn’t made any declarations to aid the police suggests there was no coercive control, as she is well and truly protected from him now.

Will our community and Bernadettes friends and loved ones have an opportunity to mourn together for her??!

Because the find my sister page certainly doesnt seem to be allowing for that.

Is there even a place to send flowers?
Will there be a plaque with her name on at a place of rest?

There is a court order saying she's dead, but the find my sister page seems to be silencing people saying so!

Will our community and Bernadettes friends and loved ones have an opportunity to mourn together for her??!

Because the find my sister page certainly doesnt seem to be allowing for that.

Is there even a place to send flowers?
Will there be a plaque with her name on at a place of rest?

There is a court order saying she's dead, but the find my sister page seems to be silencing people saying so!
I've wondered this myself. I think there probably won't be from what you are saying. Maybe those that want to could individually make a contribution to a charity of their choosing or light a candle and have a time of reflection?

Hi guys.

First time posting here but been following all the threads. I live in Peterborough and Bernadette went missing on my birthday. I've been following it since I first heard about it as everything is so close to home. I saw them searching the lock up etc. I don't think it's had the right media attention at all so it's been nice to see you guys so dedicated to her/finding out the truth.

Maybe completely unrelated but I'm sure I've seen some posts on here about The Barn Garden Centre? Someone just posted on Facebook there's 3 police cars searching the bushes opposite. Like I said probably completely unrelated but Bernadette and the mention of TBGC on this thread was my first thoughts. I'm going to keep an eye on it.

Edit - the post was only just posted but apparently it was around 330pm. Im guessing it was something unrelated as I'm sure it would of been mentioned elsewhere. I'd like to think they were continuing to search for her though.
Any more news on this?

SaW had every opportunity to give her story to the jury but chose to say nothing and denied the prosecution the opportunity to show her up as a liar. Based on what we now know, I've no doubt that she knew BW would be disappearing forever after staying at the grandparents, I have no doubt that ScW took her to where BW is buried, I have no doubt that she was involved in every aspect of the cover up, and I have no doubt that she should have been tried for joint enterprise murder.
I suspect that one of the reasons SaW didn't take the stand, apart from legal advice, is that she's only confident manipulating small numbers of people. Happy to slackjaw in a police interview but not in a courtroom. Tiktok is only herself and at most her kids. She wouldn't have the confidence to perform in front of hundreds. She controls the immediate world around her, which allows her to live with one man and have an affair with another, whilst having unprotected sex with both. Any suggestion that SaW is subject to coercive contol is laughable. She is in control. Everything that happens is on her terms, including the erasure of her own daughter. MOO

I have pondered this myself on many occasion.

I do think that in SaW, ScW met his match so to say!

I mean to me it was her who was able to maintain the work life ( he was fit to work)

It was her who made the threat from the victims diary entry.

It was her who was able to do as she please in respect to another relationship.

It was her we heard acts of anger from ( the knocking over of the motorbike )

It was her thanks to this thread that got Scott to go with the whole new baby hospital thing.

and possible more we have never heard of but think your right in saying he had meet his match possibly two peas in a pod

despite Hearing from the wife of Scott and what has come from Sarah which anything from her can be covered in a grey cloud could there be an argument that Sarah was in fact the controlling one?

I would think this may be very likely.

I think you only need look at all those TikTok vids to get a smidgen of her personality. Plus, factor in she was instrumental in getting media interest in her kids who required treatment and equipment, she ran different home led enterprises like the baking. This is no downtrodden, shrinking violet to me in fear of saying boo to a goose, but a quite strong woman who takes on things and is assertive in going for what she wants.

I must admit after reading the comments on The Peterborough times post and then reading the comments on the Help me find my sister page. If anyone tries to make a constructive comment they're removed.
Sadly it seems to me that Sarah has convinced the older siblings that she's telling them the truth. I also think since the verdict that there are a few new Ws members who are very pro Sarah.

Totally unrelated but my husbands eldest daughter was abused by her step father and her mother knew, my husband found out when his ex wife died and his daughter pressed charges against her step father. To this day my step daughter can't see that her mother let her down . Amazes me as my step daughter is a wonderful mother and wouldn't allow anyone to hurt her children. To cut a long story short her mother is still controlling her from the grave.

AW seems to be blinded by the facts....so very sad.

I think Saw’s children want to believe she is innocent. It would be way too difficult for them to lose their sister and then have to also face that their mum was responsible. If she tells them that it’s lies and that it was all Scw I think it’s human nature to want to grab hold of that and hold on. I feel for them.

I still am so puzzled by this all. I can see that Scw had a motive to murder Bernadette. I am still so puzzled by Saw though. From B’s disclosure onward. I just don’t understand why she has acted how she has. My best guess is that she knew about Scw sexual perversion and abuse of B and was jealous. But this seems such a stretch to be involved in covering up (at least) a murder of your own child and the magnitude of this.
If she was involved, it would make sense that she was involved in the cover up, but why would she benefit in any way from being involved in murdering B? Any way I think about it it just doesn’t make sense. I struggle with the “just plain evil” theory but don’t have much else.

all my opinion and musings only

Hi, Joined WS today just to let you know info. I have followed this case since Bee went missing, surprised and disappointed at the low key local coverage, she deserves more. I had a huge lightbulb moment when details of the case became public. I live in Deeping St Nicholas and ScW is believed to have lived here many years ago (knows the area). Turns out the phone data suggests they drove past my house (I live on the main road through DSN on the way to Applegreen) during the "unaccounted time". It triggered two memories for me from last summer and I have given two areas near my house where i firmly believe the police should search. This was 10 days ago now and they haven't searched as yet. I've always thought it was strange how people take years to come forward with information and now I'm that person! I'm so cross i didn't twig previously, id always assumed they'd driven on the new road to Cowbit, not my road! I tried to engage with the find my sister FB group and it all got very weird and creepy, so I left the group not sure i can discuss that on here though.

Help me find my sister group is having another blocking session because there is so many two faced people in the group making negative comments on other Pt newspaper posts. The admin of this group knows sarah 110% and knows she is innocent... I mean what a joke.

I’ve never been in the group and would never get accepted annoyed some people whoops... I mean can you share anything publicly outside of a private group as appears the public one has been taken down. and if not then is there really a point or it it now ( we’ll just keep pushing this narrative with a couple of other brainwashed people)

I really feel sorry for the boy it seemed to have been set up with good intention until others becoming involved and unless he can come away and think for himself for a few days I don’t think he’ll ever be able to think any differently fingers crossed being with his gran he’ll take those few days after the sentencing and she’ll help him see as from what I’ve read apart from standing by her daughter she seems to accept the fact and I think that’s what he needs to do.

I think Saw’s children want to believe she is innocent. It would be way too difficult for them to lose their sister and then have to also face that their mum was responsible. If she tells them that it’s lies and that it was all Scw I think it’s human nature to want to grab hold of that and hold on. I feel for them.

I still am so puzzled by this all. I can see that Scw had a motive to murder Bernadette. I am still so puzzled by Saw though. From B’s disclosure onward. I just don’t understand why she has acted how she has. My best guess is that she knew about Scw sexual perversion and abuse of B and was jealous. But this seems such a stretch to be involved in covering up (at least) a murder of your own child and the magnitude of this.
If she was involved, it would make sense that she was involved in the cover up, but why would she benefit in any way from being involved in murdering B? Any way I think about it it just doesn’t make sense. I struggle with the “just plain evil” theory but don’t have much else.

all my opinion and musings only
Do you think it could be a control thing? That she always needed to be in control and decide when and if Scott would leave the house, maybe depending on how things panned out with her new boyfriend and the paternity issues, and suddenly Bee's report was going to usurp her position of power?

I mean I do think SaW's reaction after Bee's murder was not normal for a mother, so whilst evil might not be the best descriptor, certainly I think there were deep issues with her relationships to her children, and the detachment and all the scheming and lies and manipulation, as well as her narcissism, would point to sociopathic personality traits which wouldn't have suddenly sprung last year. These traits would have been responsible for people thinking she was previously a good mother whereas that would have been part of the show. I think it's not helpful to try to understand her just in terms of her being a mother and with that trying to fit her into any kind of mould. I think she just didn't genuinely care about anyone but herself and once anyone stopped being of use or service to her (ie a reason she could be praised) they were history. It's the constant manipulation, as a way of life, that leaves people in the inner circle in disbelief, shock and denial, because that means they have to question their own judgement, I think, and their part in enabling the abuser. I see her as an abuser, I think she is abusing her oldest children right now. I think Bee's report threatened to remove the castle that Sarah had built over years, where she had 'standing', where everything was a sham and others were keeping the show going. I think everything had to be done and was done on Sarah's terms. So the question what did she have to gain is better asked as what did she have to lose, IMO.

Only my opinion from following true crime and premeditated murders at WS, not a professional opinion.

Hi, Joined WS today just to let you know info. I have followed this case since Bee went missing, surprised and disappointed at the low key local coverage, she deserves more. I had a huge lightbulb moment when details of the case became public. I live in Deeping St Nicholas and ScW is believed to have lived here many years ago (knows the area). Turns out the phone data suggests they drove past my house (I live on the main road through DSN on the way to Applegreen) during the "unaccounted time". It triggered two memories for me from last summer and I have given two areas near my house where i firmly believe the police should search. This was 10 days ago now and they haven't searched as yet. I've always thought it was strange how people take years to come forward with information and now I'm that person! I'm so cross i didn't twig previously, id always assumed they'd driven on the new road to Cowbit, not my road! I tried to engage with the find my sister FB group and it all got very weird and creepy, so I left the group not sure i can discuss that on here though.

That is very interesting,thanks for posting .

What two memories did you have last year?

What type of land is it where you think police should search: fields,woodland ,ponds, private or public....

Have you had a look yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member