GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Discussion in 'Trials' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tr4cy

Tr4cy New Member

Hi, I discovered this forum shortly after ScW & SaW were arrested. I had seen the missing information on social media & the whole thing really didnt add up for me right from the start. So I was happy to discover this site & read other peoples opinions of what may have become of poor BW. Its terrible that she was treated so horrifically by the very people who should have protected her.

I am interested to know if it usually takes so long between the jury giving their verdict & the judge deciding the sentence? The judge mentioned that she needed some reports & as much information as possible on SaW before deciding her sentence, which I know might take some time, but is it possible that the judge is also giving SaW some time in limbo to think about things in the hope that she may spill the beans? or is 6 weeks a normal time scale between verdict & sentencing?

This is my first post, so fingers crossed that I haven't broken any rules

2. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz Well-Known Member

Welcome Tr4cy

elliefant, mspuurfect, solar and 2 others like this.
  3. Beckxsy

Beckxsy Well-Known Member

Welcome
    I'm not sure what the normal timescale is but it's likely the 6 weeks is to prepare pre-sentancing reports for both individuals. Its helps the judge in his final sentancing.
    pre-sentence report gives information personal or historical as to why you committed the offence, how you feel about it now, and what your background, family and work circumstances are. Using this information, the court will decide the most appropriate sentence to give you.

Bogyo13, elliefant, Tr4cy and 4 others like this.
  4. MrsBrooks

MrsBrooks Well-Known Member

That is a good question, and not one I know the answer to. I also thought it was quite long especially if you compare it to the recent horrific case of Kaylee-jayde, who’s abusers were sentenced I believe the day after the verdicts. Does anyone else know if this is a common occurrence surrounding sentencing in the UK ?

Tr4cy and Marg from Oz like this.
  5. Beckxsy

Sentencing may be carried out on the day of the trial or it may be adjourned to get reports, or it may be deferred (put back to a future date) to see how the defendant behaves. If it is deferred, the defendant will have to come back to court at a later date to receive their sentence

It's certainly I would think to make sw and scw sweat !! They're found guilty so in theory they have 6 weeks to mull over the fact of what they've done and perhaps give vital information in the meantime in the hope of sentance reduction perhaps

6. Hadituptohere

Hadituptohere Member

I hope your excellent report to the police is checked out at speed @Agent Startled

I just wanted to say (without giving personal details away so forgive me for being cagey), that ScW was an exceptionally talented photographer. I saw his work, saw his sketchbooks.
    He was meticulous and creative. He took pride in his work. I can't help but feel that there will be meaning and some sort of theoretical construct to the burial site.
    This is not to say that I value him... I abhor him, but I know that he applies integrity and creativity to his "work".
    Ughghh I am shuddering to myself.
    I should also mention that just after their arrest, we had a meeting with detectives and I told them my opinion on this.
    Once again web sleuths, you are amazing.
    Thank you.

Bogyo13, elliefant, Kasmeer and 13 others like this.
  7. Agent Startled

Agent Startled Active Member

Thanks for this. The bit in bold above is when I propose the body was disposed,

I copied below from the MSM reports

The car was seen at the Apple Green Service Station on the A1175 at 1.17am, leaving at 1.19am, with messages still being sent from Bernadette’s phone.

Bernadette’s phone was disconnected from the network at 1.29am.

At 1.32am, Sarah Walker’s phone tracked 33 steps being made over a five minute period.

The phone was eventually switched back on at 3.30am, and at 3.08am they were back at their home in Century Square.

Ms Wilding said: “There is no credible explanation for these two defendants leaving their house in the middle of the night, travelling to a remote area of Cambridgeshire close to Peterborough, to a place where it would have been really easy to dispose of the body.

“Then sending yet more fake messages from her phone.
“Clearly, we say, this was a wide opportunity for the disposal of her body.

MOO The 33 steps were SW helping carry her body and ScW rolled her into the Shrubbery. Just because the phones were not switched on until 3 does not mean thats when they got home, or is there something I've missed? I;m guessing they had some talking to do and other kids to deal with maybe, also it throws everyone off the scent as to where they were.

edited to add a question in case i missed something ALL MOO

Bogyo13, jackal67 and Marg from Oz like this.
  8. Agent Startled

Hi, you must be local too, Hi :)

Unfortunately I've heard nothing from the police as yet and they haven't searched the 2 areas I've given them, We have just driven from Mcdonalds this evening and we timed exactly 13 mins to see where we ended up....it wasn't very artistic at all, it was the cauliflower shop, where they stack all the pallets at the back! Massive open fields backing onto Crowland..the other place we hit was indi stone.

I'm now trying to find out where he lived when he lived in DSN and where he worked, along with your photography tip, the view accross the fields to Crowland Abbey is pretty striking, so could be a link

The only other theory i have is he took the scenic/camera less route through DSJames through Peakirk to end up at Mcdonalds, this would take him 13 mins from the layby i'm worried about.

All MOO

9. Beckxsy

Previous post
    Residence Date: 2004-2005. Address: 8, Harrow Road, Deeping St. Nicholas, PE11 3ES

10. Hadituptohere

Hadituptohere Member

The Cauliflower shop and pallets can be seen as artistic, just as the style of grunge, decay, Street, homeless, anguish, contrast. Those were his styles and not so much conventional artistry.
    So you yes, you could still be right!
    I've moved far away now but if I could, I'd be searching too.
    You're doing great

11. Agent Startled

This post just gave me goosebumps...he knows the area round here very well and this address is right near the cauliflower shop, jeez now i really think she is near here. Thank you so much for this information...

I also have a memory of a convicted peado living on that road as i checked the local area before buying our house...will look it up again now...
    MOO

12. Agent Startled

This must be the house he lived in right before meeting SAW?

13. CSIAngus

CSIAngus Well-Known Member

Cowbit was early hours Monday 20th July.

My own theories have evolve with every new piece of information. The one thing I am confident about is wherever ScW took BW that Saturday lunchtime, most likely already dead, had to be somewhere that he knew well and felt confident taking a body in broad daylight. And also to return to in the dark in the early hours to make good the concealment without raising suspicion. That could be a large number of places. Personally, I think it is a burial beyond chance finding, east of Peterborough, and within a mile or two of the A47. Those that know ScW well might be able to guess the locations he knows well. Ultimately, we will need ScW to reveal what happened to BW and what he did with her body.

Timeline by Tortoise

14. Agent Startled

Ok, a further thought i've just had, some further info, Monday mornings at 8,30 am our rubbish is taken, every week, it's quite bad as we simply tie up our black bin bags and leave them on the side of the road, we don't have wheelie bins here. Houses have multiple bags outside, and most people put bags out on Sunday evening, we are one of the longest villages in the UK (6/7 miles I think) on a Monday morning the main road is littered with black bin bags, horrible to think about it, but is it possible that they disposed in this manner?
    A previous resident would be well aware of this, as in Peterborough (Milfield) the rubbish collection is very different, black bins/household waste is collected once a fortnight, wheelie bins that get tipped etc...
    MOO

15. CSIAngus

The Police described ScW as 'a man on the edge', who fell apart in the dock and a jury decided had murdered his daughter and hidden her body, in order to cover up his years of sexual abuse. That doesn't suggest to me anything meticulous and creative about the crime. It only supports the view that he would have made sure her body would never be found.

jackal67 and Dotta like this.
  16. CSIAngus

I wouldn't have thought dismemberment of a close family member is likely. That would also potentially leave lots of forensic evidence of which there is none. Much more likely burial or other whole body/person concealment. Dismember and disperse would be more likely of a stranger murder. MOO

17. Agent Startled

Neither is murdering your stepdaughter I suppose! It does fit in with your idea of the body NEVER being found though...

elliefant, jackal67 and Marg from Oz like this.
  18. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

The 3:30am was journalist's error. Sarah's phone was switched back on at 3:03am, so it should read -

The phone was eventually switched back on at 3.03am, and at 3.08am they were back at their home in Century Square.

She put the phone on 5 minutes before arriving home, and they must have GPS information that lets them know she wasn't at home yet - hence the reports all throughout the trial that there was one hour and 20 mins of unexplained activity after Glinton, before they returned home.

19. Hadituptohere

Hadituptohere Member

I've just thought about something. What if he transported her (dead) in a WHEELCHAIR??

They had one for sure, if not more.
    Who'd question a man pushing a girl in a wheelchair in broad daylight?
    Sorry if someone has already mentioned this and I've missed it...

20. Kitkat28

Kitkat28 Well-Known Member

Nathan Matthews did it to Becky, the step-sister he had grown up with. I don’t think you can flat-out dismiss the possibility.

Marg from Oz, Lucy6226 and jackal67 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.