Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been a member on here for years but this is my first time posting because the family only live about 20mins away from me. I only found out about this case yesturday on here because i havent heard about it locally. I must have just missed it somewhere. I know that your not allowed any SM on here but i think that the children that arent Sc W probably know that they arent his due to comments on there by relatives. if thats ok to say on here? If not please delete. So i dont think that would be the motive JMO

This case really isn’t sitting right with me. I don’t believe ScW lost his cool, why would Sarah then cover up the murder of her child, unless she was involved.

I still can't get my head around the Sarah Barrass and Brandon Machin case. Some things are just never understandable.

But we don't know hardly any details of this one yet.

I would imagine it will be a Motability vehicle, it’s an expensive new car though and probably with steep insurance- if they had a black box fitted to lower insurance that will also have a tracker fitted, and as you also said most new cars also have gps trackers fitted now. I like your thinking!!!!
Just to clarify, the photo in the MSM of the car cordoned off outside the family home was not an expensive new car.
Another report said ScW & SaW had identical vehicles so I presume both same age & spec.

The car in question was a 2002 Mercedes Vaneo (a smallish people carrier).
Of course it could well have aftermarket GPS fitted and/or a dashcam.

Also could be an app on a phone or wearable device of BW/ScW/SaW that uploaded GPS data to the cloud, so even if said device not yet found, LE could still have obtained tracking

if someone lost their cool they would have cooled down by now pretty quickly and be ready to work on reducing sentence

so if that were me and be saying 'he did it not me, he hid the body in such and such place' i think all the couple solidarity is well gone and Sarah,at least, surely is full of regret and missing her baby and other kids.

Very good points re getting the birth certificate.

A teen can start driving lessons close to their 16th birthday and can take their driving test for a full licence from their 17th birthday onwards. Without putting the date up here, BW , in July, was just a bit closer to 18 than 17, if that makes sense.

Did I miss something :confused:

When I started driving you were not allowed to drive on public roads until you turned 17. I think you can apply for your provisional at 15 as you can drive a moped at 16.

I'm having nightmares now imagining 15/16 year old on the roads :eek:

Did I miss something :confused:

When I started driving you were not allowed to drive on public roads until you turned 17. I think you can apply for your provisional at 15 as you can drive a moped at 16.

I'm having nightmares now imagining 15/16 year old on the roads :eek:
Haha me too having (tried) to teach my own at 17, that's plenty young enough to be behind the wheel IMHO!
But apparently some 16 yr olds are allowed to drive - if they get PIP (DLA)
You are right - 15 yrs 9months to apply for Provisional, 16 yrs to ride a scooter

If they have a car provided via DLA (probably not called disability living allowance now but the mobility component) then they don’t pay for insurance/ repairs etc - it’s all part of the bundle so no chance it would have a black box fitted to ensure they were sticking to speed limits etc like young drivers would.

What kinda car is it Bernadette ‘ran out of’
Yes they do pay for insurance- I’m not sure on what basis you would assume they don’t.
As a new car, no they wouldn’t pay for any maintenance and services or MOT.

Very good points re getting the birth certificate.

A teen can start driving lessons close to their 16th birthday and can take their driving test for a full licence from their 17th birthday onwards. Without putting the date up here, BW , in July, was just a bit closer to 18 than 17, if that makes sense.
There is something suspicious in this site tonight- but you don’t need a birth certificate if you have a passport to apply for a driving licence in the UK
In fact having double checked on the website- a birth certificate isn’t on there anywhere.
A teen can start moped lessons at 15 years and 9 months- that is it.

Last edited:
How the Scheme works | Motability Scheme

insurance for up to 3 named drivers is included
Sorry, you are correct. Although I have a friend who uses it for her business and has to sort her own insurance. Although when I wrote that comment it was to justify the tracking in the vehicle via a black box- since then having spoke to my younger daughter she laughed and said my car has gps ( it’s a bottom of the range 3 year old small car)
Edit: All BMWs have a tracking system (GPS)and have done for the last few years.

Last edited:
Haha me too having (tried) to teach my own at 17, that's plenty young enough to be behind the wheel IMHO!
But apparently some 16 yr olds are allowed to drive - if they get PIP (DLA)
You are right - 15 yrs 9months to apply for Provisional, 16 yrs to ride a scooter
On what basis have you assumed Bernadette was so physically impaired she was entitled to this?

You don't need to be physically impaired to get DLA/PIP. Not sure where you got this information from.

Also to add a birth certificate can be used to get a driving licence.
It is in two sections as someone previously has already stated, higher rate mobility is needed and unless you are wheelchair bound you would not receive.

It is in two sections as someone previously has already stated, higher rate mobility is needed and unless you are wheelchair bound you would not receive.

you don’t need to be wheelchair bound to get a mobility car. All you need is the higher rate of pip/Dla. You then have the choice to take the allowance or have a car instead.

Am I missing something?

What does the level of support, the type of house they live in, the financing for their vehicles or insurance, have to do with Berni being missing, presumed dead?

It doesn't.

I really hope they find Bernadette soon. It makes me quite annoyed that at least one of them won't tell where she is. I guess they really are thinking they will get away with it.

(This is all assuming they did it of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member