GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, murdered then hidden, Peterborough, 18 Jul 2020 *Parents Sentenced* #6

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

I think the judge had her hands tied by the charging decision. Anything higher and I believe it would be overturned on appeal.

2. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

that is very disappointing. She has done 1 year already so will be out in 2 years. I hope those children are all safely adopted before then.

Bluedaisy100, Bethan, Dotta and 17 others like this.
  3. Gooner666

Gooner666 Well-Known Member

He says in that article

Following the sentencing, An NSPCC spokesperson said: “This is a tragic case in which a young girl lost her life at the hands of someone who should have been keeping her safe from harm.

“Scott Walker’s horrific actions, along with the offences committed by Bernadette’s mum, have impacted an entire community, and we hope these sentences bring some comfort to all those who knew Bernadette.

There is NO NO NO way he got a comment from the NSPCC within a couple of minutes of them being sentence

4. Tortoise

5. Gooner666

He says in that article

Following the sentencing, An NSPCC spokesperson said: “This is a tragic case in which a young girl lost her life at the hands of someone who should have been keeping her safe from harm.

“Scott Walker’s horrific actions, along with the offences committed by Bernadette’s mum, have impacted an entire community, and we hope these sentences bring some comfort to all those who knew Bernadette.

There is NO NO NO way he got a comment from the NSPCC within a couple of minutes of them being sentence

K sleuth and jackal67 like this.
  6. Beckxsy

Beckxsy Well-Known Member

If I'm correct in which I may be wrong that sarah will have to complete 4 years in which 1 year is spent so another 3 years and she will be released. Still not long enough. I wonder if scott will squeel now but I very much doubt it.

7. mrazda71

mrazda71 Human bean

They went round asking neighbours to be interviewed yesterday for release today

8. Smithpanes

Smithpanes Well-Known Member

9. mrazda71

mrazda71 Human bean

Comment of the thread award goes to .... @Tortoise

10. Gooner666

But the quote says “after sentencing the NSPCC said

11. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

So here's a question for our attorneys.

If more information comes to light, could more charges be brought against SaW?

Six years is a travesty, IMO.

12. Gooner666

Yes

Raven2019, Dotta, whatawaster and 7 others like this.
  13. Bat23

Bat23 Active Member

I believe she will come out make up what she believes will be a water tight story sell it and drop herself in it from there and I for one can’t wait for that day

14. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

From the Mirror linked above:

Jailing him on Friday, Mrs Justice McGowan said his refusal to tell police where Bernadette's body is "means she can't be shown the respect she deserves".

She added: "Cruellest of all, it's likely to mean some members of her family and friends will go on hoping she might be alive and might some day come back into their lives."

I do so hope family members will be helped to accept Bernie has been murdered and will not be returning. And that SaW in all probability also knows where Bernie's body has been hidden.

15. Mammaalli

Mammaalli Well-Known Member

Scott has nothing to lose now so hopefully he will spill the beans and drop Sarah in it.

16. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I do not think he will admit his own guilt which then means he will not incriminate SaW. I am expecting to hear he is going to appeal the length of his sentence.

17. Smithpanes

Smithpanes Well-Known Member

18. Tortoise

"Sentencing Sarah Walker, the judge said she was “sure Sarah Walker was the guiding mind behind the detail of (the) plan” to cover up Bernadette’s death, adding: “Each defendant was a willing party in that enterprise.”

They were sentenced at Cambridge Crown Court on Friday and remained silent as they were led to the cells."

Man jailed for life for murder of Peterborough teen | Peterborough Matters

19. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Am pleased the Judge has made it clear that Sarah was heavily involved in her daughter's murder and particularly like the use of her word enterprise.

20. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Stephen Briggs
    @PTstephenB

·
    11m
    The court heard victim impact statements from two of Bernadette's friends today. I'll have a story on that shortly - but - and I've said this before - all of Bernadette's friends should be proud of themselves. They are the sort of friends everyone should have.