UK Beware of clowns

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by zwiebel, Nov 28, 2013.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

2. Loading...

3. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

4. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Attached Files:

5. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Love the Guardian headline:

6. Wolf Dreamer

Wolf Dreamer Active Member

I absolutely loathe clowns.

7. Penelope

Penelope New Member

I used to own a copy of a book written by noted cryptozoologist Loren Coleman. Titiled Mysterious America: The Ultimate Guide to the Nation's Weirdest Wonders, Strangest Spots, and Creepiest Creatures, in the book Coleman writes about a series of sightings that occurred in the early 1980s. These sightings were of men in cars or vans who were harassing elementary schoolchildren. This occurred in Boston, then moved to the midwest in Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri.

Here are some quotes from Loren Coleman's above-mentioned book:

Interestingly, Loren Coleman made the observation that these sightings occurred in 1981 -- and Stephan King's novel, It (a terrifying story of a clown who tries to abduct children), was not published until 1986.

BTW -- Didn't John Wayne Gacy dress up as a clown and entertain at children's parties? This new occurrence of clowns in the UK raises the hair on the back of my neck and gives me the creeps.

8. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

:floorlaugh:

:jester:

9. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

ewwww Penelope - your post just took this thread to a different place for me lol

10. SeekingJana

SeekingJana Well-Known Member

I always hated clowns and Santa as a child. I wanted to see the real face, not a pretend one. I can deal with mall Santas OK now but I still would not get close to a man dressed as a clown. Not for any reason. We used to have a guy from a balloon shop deliver balloons to hospitalized patients in the hospital where I worked, and I was totally creeped out by him.

Yes, Gacy dressed up as a clown. He was a monster.

11. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

12. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Lol, I was just thinking this could be a dangerous pastime in the US, what with all the firearms. Scrolling down at that link, I see there's an American saying exactly that.

I think clown person is more likely to come unstuck by crossing paths with a walker of a tough dog in England - my dog's not aggressive but even he would hit the roof if he came across that at night.

13. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

LOL...not sure if I would burst out laughing or freak out if I saw a clown like that, I would probably laugh however my dog would NOT think it was funny at all!

Reminds me of Captain Spalding in the Devil's Rejects, he is on the run after police discover his family is a bunch of psychotic serial killers and he hijacks a car with a kid in it...

Warning video clip contains profanity:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5FY0eqyIwY"]Captain Spaulding The Clown Stealing A Car [With Subtitles!] - YouTube[/ame]

14. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

15. Public_Hysteria

Public_Hysteria Rest in peace, Adrienne

16. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

this is no longer amusing

17. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

18. Catmammy

Catmammy Active Member

coulrophobia - I has it

19. Cherry

Cherry Pie

I lv penny wise, scariest clown Eva! They all float, and he says "Come float w me?!" :loveyou:

Attached Files:

20. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

'British clowns hit out at scary copycats'

Bluebottle (aka Tony Eldridge), secretary of Clowns International, has spoken out against the clown craze that has swept Britain.

Crazy Banana (aka Sally Beadle) has also told how she can no longer stop off at a store, on the way to a work gig, for fear of scaring people.

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-12-26/british-clowns-hit-out-at-scary-copycats/

I heard Bluebottle on a BBC radio interview today. He's got one of the saddest voices I've ever heard.

This story had spread to the media in Australia now, so expect an outbreak of clowns there soon, I suspect......

http://www.smh.com.au/world/no-joke...am-streets-scaring-people-20131226-2zy3k.html

21. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

This is the clown that terrified me as a child, and the rag doll spooked me too.

I thought I'd find the image and wonder what I was so creeped out about, then. But no. I took one look at Andy Pandy and he still gives me the shivers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3420069.stm

Attached Files: