UK - Billy Haigh, 3, smothered, Guildford, Surrey, 6 Nov 2005

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by BostonSu, Nov 3, 2008.

1. BostonSu

BostonSu New Member

2. Loading...

3. DebC

DebC New Member

Yes, I heard about this on the news last night. She never did try CPR on him. That's how the doctors at the hospital got on to her. They could tell that she hadn't done what she claimed she had.

Just like Casey.

4. BostonSu

BostonSu New Member

I'll never understand these women.

I'm so grateful for the people who DO catch it, they're the final chance for these poor angels.

5. CaliKid

CaliKid Former Member

She even resembles Casey in a remote way. Poor little child. I hope that prison for life in the UK means prison FOR LIFE.

6. Private Eye

Private Eye New Member

She'll be eligible for parol in 10 years.:furious:

7. CaliKid

CaliKid Former Member

Oh of course. Does that mean her daughter is going to pop up alive and well in 10 years? Nah, didn't think so.

8. Chezhire

Chezhire Inactive

:furious: :furious:

I hate it that all of our "developed" countries allow mothers to get away with murder. Frankly, life should mean just that: life. BTW - this happened in 2005? why the delay here in sentencing?

9. Private Eye

Private Eye New Member

The defendent had learning diffs.

It all changes when mental health issues versus evil come into the equasion.

10. CyberLaw

CyberLaw Former Member

I can offer an "arm chair" comment as to why so called mothers so this.

An extreme lack of self esteem. Finding and keeping a man is the end all of their life.

Having a child not only intrudes in their social life, but may make "getting" a man more difficult.

They see the child as an obstacle to what they want for themselves, that is a man.........

Sad......

11. rosepetal1065

rosepetal1065 Ive got splinters..in the windmills of my mind....

ITA
    But, why have the baby if youre not going to do what is required to be a mom. There are choices. Whatever happened to birth control for pete's sake. What a freak.

12. CyberLaw

CyberLaw Former Member

Because, the "romantic" nature of having a baby, a "human" will will un conditionally love you. But the baby is for the Mom, not vice versa.

So when the child is work, intrudes in their life, they see the child as now bothersome, the baby has "failed" to live up to the parent expectation that the child will improve their self esteem.

The "novelty" of having a baby wears off, when the person realizes it takes a lot of work to care for the baby, so now the baby is a source of "work" instead of offering un conditional love to the parent.

That again is an "arm chair" analysis of situations where young mothers harm their kids.