GUILTY UK - Blake, 14 & Tristan Barrass, 13, dead, 4 hospitalized, Sheffield, May 2019 *Arrests*

I’m reminded of other cases, Baby P
being one of them where the mum had low iq level, combined with personality disorder and alcoholic/drug abuse. Combine that with two people who were similar and had psycho tendencies and it led to a young toddler being tortured and eventually murdered. I’m guessing the same is here - IMHo Mum has issues, so does her co-defendant. I expect they’ve been involved with social services over the years and a lot will come out at trial about their failure to protect and deal with the family. The wider family was probably similar, I would take a guess. How horrific

Maybe they were allowed to dye the hair and no one said don’t? Parents or school.

Maybe but I don't know many schools that allow unnatural hair colours like that. I don't think they did it themselves, it's like it been done well, especially the yellow mohican, I wonder if they were regular school attenders, if not signs of something going wrong could very easily have been missed

Maybe but I don't know many schools that allow unnatural hair colours like that. I don't think they did it themselves, it's like it been done well, especially the yellow mohican, I wonder if they were regular school attenders, if not signs of something going wrong could very easily have been missed

The tv show in the quote where he has the yellow mohawk is called BBC My School. I've not watched the clip but it definitely sounds like the school condoned it as it's called My School on the BBC and he's wearing his school uniform.

I suspect there will be a huge inquiry into the handling of this family - police, social services, education authority, CAMHS, the NHS - the lot.

There will be finger pointing and blame and more money spent on why the system failed this family. But, bottom line (as with many cases like this) is a history of dreadful parenting and a distinct lack of morality.

Tragic that these boys probably never stood a chance in life, hopefully the younger siblings will at least have that chance now.

Last edited:
Any word on the “incident”?

It would seem that this "incident" has never been heard of since Cain and Abel. Even the ukmail (which doesn't hold back on anything) doesn't even allow comments on this particular crime. I've NEVER seen that on any of their articles, ever. It's as if this particular crime is strictly "taboo." I don't understand the secrecy or the reason for it. I must be missing something, but I don't understand. They released the names, ages, address and photos, but COD, ?????

It would seem that this "incident" has never been heard of since Cain and Abel. Even the ukmail (which doesn't hold back on anything) doesn't even allow comments on this particular crime. I've NEVER seen that on any of their articles, ever. It's as if this particular crime is strictly "taboo." I don't understand the secrecy or the reason for it. I must be missing something, but I don't understand. They released the names, ages, address and photos, but COD, ?????

Maybe they want arrangements for the other children to be made properly and have them protected best as possible from the coming details that will emerge.
I don't think it's that unusual with cases involving children.
They may also be holding back cause of death so when they interview the 2 suspects separately, they will know if one is lying or trying to blame the other?

It's perfectly normal not to allow comments on a case once someone has been charged. The Mail is no exception; to allow comments would risk contempt of court.
Apart from basic reports on court appearances, there are unlikely to be any further details reported in the UK press as it might prejudice the trial. Social media of course is another matter, but the police have already issued warnings about commenting there.

It's perfectly normal not to allow comments on a case once someone has been charged. The Mail is no exception; to allow comments would risk contempt of court.
Apart from basic reports on court appearances, there are unlikely to be any further details reported in the UK press as it might prejudice the trial. Social media of course is another matter, but the police have already issued warnings about commenting there.

Isn't it just that the surviving children aren't allowed to be named? Everything else is allowed. Or appears to be.

Isn't it just that the surviving children aren't allowed to be named? Everything else is allowed. Or appears to be.
Allowed on social media, you mean? It's thin ice. They seem to have been slow in curbing it, eg I would have expected the accused's Facebook pages to be shut down as soon as they were charged.

Social services are stretched so sadly this sort of thing will keep cropping up. You can’t monitor everyone and, as recent history has shown, taking kids into care hasn’t proven to be that helpful or safe!

This is really sad but too common I’m afraid. We have these messed up situations with broken families and low morals. Sure Jeremy Kyle is banned telly but it was going for 15 years on the premise of finding situations like this.

Poor kids.

Any word on the “incident”?

There was a little girl in Wales who was killed by her mother, maybe a year ago? That one also had pleas from police to not gossip on social media about what you might have heard happened. The COD wasn't released until the trial. And it was awful.

I can only imagine that what happened here might be similarly awful, and possibly 'unusual'. So I doubt we'll find out the details until the court case.

And in the meantime there will have to be a lot of questioning and investigation to find out not just what happened that morning, but what happened in the days, weeks, months, and years before. The accused might have to have psychological evaluations.

Social services are stretched so sadly this sort of thing will keep cropping up. You can’t monitor everyone and, as recent history has shown, taking kids into care hasn’t proven to be that helpful or safe!

This is really sad but too common I’m afraid. We have these messed up situations with broken families and low morals. Sure Jeremy Kyle is banned telly but it was going for 15 years on the premise of finding situations like this.

Poor kids.

A little bit different than the usual Jeremy Kyle fodder, I think this will turn out to be much worse.
I do wish authorities, friends and families would really pay more attention to parents and others who constantly 'joke' or share violent memes about harming others, it's a real red flag.

Yeah I highly doubt any school would allow hair that colour. Maybe they were those temporary spray on dyes that wash out?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back